1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Interesting stuff. I have some transformers with rubber tires and some planes with rubber tired, but I've never had any problems on my shelves. That said, the Tumbler's tires seem very soft and sticky so I can see horrible things happening. I'll just keep it on a textbook for now.

For those that have cases, what dimensions did you make your case in? I figure I want to display it one day with batman standing next to it. Also, what base did you use for the case? I apologize if all this has been answered before, but I'm just starting to explore the boards. Maybe there's a link to another thread that answers all this for me.

Interesting stuff. I have some transformers with rubber tires and some planes with rubber tired, but I've never had any problems on my shelves. That said, the Tumbler's tires seem very soft and sticky so I can see horrible things happening. I'll just keep it on a textbook for now.

For those that have cases, what dimensions did you make your case in? I figure I want to display it one day with batman standing next to it. Also, what base did you use for the case? I apologize if all this has been answered before, but I'm just starting to explore the boards. Maybe there's a link to another thread that answers all this for me.

Hey pudd :wave

My case was made by a fellow board member here

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115346

And I used the dimensions he posted in 2nd post. You can fit up to 3 figures along with the tumbler.

As for the base, I used 2 cabinets from ikea as my base

IMG_5827.jpg

Hope that helps

Well this is a (not very good) pic of the steering column that was loose inside the cockpit of my tumbler. Not sure if anyone can tell where it's broken but is this replaceable?

And here's a quick shot of the part that's still attached inside the cockpit. This part still slides back and forth and the other part looks like it should have been attached to it. But must have snapped off either while being packaged up or in transit

Hey pudd :wave

My case was made by a fellow board member here

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115346

And I used the dimensions he posted in 2nd post. You can fit up to 3 figures along with the tumbler.

As for the base, I used 2 cabinets from ikea as my base

IMG_5827.jpg

Hope that helps

Thanks for the tip! Kind of trippy to see you here, lol.

Even though I already wrote this on the other board, I though I'd share this exchange I had with my girlfriend last night:

Gf: where will we put that beast?
Me: in the living room somewhere.
Gf: there isn't any space big enough anywhere in the living room! Wait, what are you doing?
Me: trying to fit into the box it came in. This thing is huge! That's what she said.
Gf: sigh. You owe me.

This badboy is on the dresser in the bedroom. I **** you not I said goodnight to it last night. :)

Last edited:
And here's a quick shot of the part that's still attached inside the cockpit. This part still slides back and forth and the other part looks like it should have been attached to it. But must have snapped off either while being packaged up or in transit

The one I have is EXACTLY the same so I too would appreciate any suggestions/comments

Well this is a (not very good) pic of the steering column that was loose inside the cockpit of my tumbler. Not sure if anyone can tell where it's broken but is this replaceable?

Mine came that way too. The square part on the tumbler is the movable part. So the stering columg goes glued on that place. You can just reglued there... Nothing too hard.

Mine came that way too. The square part on the tumbler is the movable part. So the stering columg goes glued on that place. You can just reglued there... Nothing too hard.

Thanks for the advice, this is what I was wondering, as it looked like the steering column coud just be glued back onto the square. Was just a little nervous. Thanks again for the help. :hi5:

Thanks for the advice, this is what I was wondering, as it looked like the steering column coud just be glued back onto the square. Was just a little nervous. Thanks again for the help. :hi5:

Yes, it can be done... But in fact i never glued it again, cause it' s easier to put figures inside removing the column. But it's up to you.

Man, that display is gonna be awesome!! Are the lights really that blue or is that just due to the camera? Either way, it's looking badass.

Cheers zipflint. I went with the blue LED's as it goes much better with the white table and the white would have been too bright.

Inspired by an episode I just watched of The Brave and the Bold, where Bats teams up with.. The Joker.

"Dont touch that".

Wok in progress...

Table is the (surprisingly cheap) Ikea Lack Coffee table and the case is from Sora-Shop with dimensions (80x53x36) in cm.

IMG_1319_zps012e0aee.jpg

IMG_1386_zps369c3786.jpg

IMG_1397_zps247ce3f6.jpg

IMG_1406_zpsd03f3e61.jpg

IMG_1411_zps884a25c9.jpg

IMG_1419_zpsa75bb7b8.jpg

IMG_1438_zpse9e47eaa.jpg

IMG_1440_zpsc99953be.jpg

My Tumbler arrived today and it only took a week to make it to Australia!

I still haven't unpacked it, kinda just staring at this box of biblical proportions.

To be honest, I'm a little scared of what lurks inside......

Wok in progress...

Table is the (surprisingly cheap) Ikea Lack Coffee table and the case is from Sora-Shop with dimensions (80x53x36) in cm.

IMG_1319_zps012e0aee.jpg

IMG_1386_zps369c3786.jpg

IMG_1397_zps247ce3f6.jpg

IMG_1406_zpsd03f3e61.jpg

IMG_1411_zps884a25c9.jpg

IMG_1419_zpsa75bb7b8.jpg

IMG_1438_zpse9e47eaa.jpg

IMG_1440_zpsc99953be.jpg

Looks good man. Can I ask where you got the lights for the display?

great pics, really love the one of the inside. those details are really hard to see.

Looks good man. Can I ask where you got the lights for the display?

I initially went for the Ikea Dioder, but their white isn't white at all anymore (more like yellow). These were a random purchase, the company is called Telco.

Back