1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

well after having my tumbler out for two weeks i've packed it up and thinking about selling it in the summer if the value increases, it's amazing but once i realised how much space it's gonna need to be displayed nicely i just haven't got the room and storing it for years until i do is gonna be a pain. If i can make my money and a little extra back i'll probably let it go during the summer. I ventured into the 1/6 vehicle world and loved it but it's something for people who are already settled and not moving around a lot with uni and work.

Trying to stop collecting as well tbh, i want my Avengers HT and the rest of my TDK/TDKR HT then i'm done. I can't continue to fund 1/6 collecting while at uni :(

If you got it through them, contact Sideshow before speaking to Hot Toys. SSC customer service is light years ahead of Hot Toys.

Oh yeah, I hadn't actually properly read minimodel's post, I'd assumed he was talking about contacting sideshow. So can they issue just a new steering column?

well after having my tumbler out for two weeks i've packed it up and thinking about selling it in the summer if the value increases, it's amazing but once i realised how much space it's gonna need to be displayed nicely i just haven't got the room and storing it for years until i do is gonna be a pain. If i can make my money and a little extra back i'll probably let it go during the summer. I ventured into the 1/6 vehicle world and loved it but it's something for people who are already settled and not moving around a lot with uni and work.

Trying to stop collecting as well tbh, i want my Avengers HT and the rest of my TDK/TDKR HT then i'm done. I can't continue to fund 1/6 collecting while at uni :(

Man, you won't believe how many times I've said this! But a drug's a drug, and once you're hooked.... Well we'll talk about in ten years:)

Don't worry, you'll find the cash : stealing from a granny, rob a bank, kidnap kids for a ransom, turn into a bounty hunter, sell a kidney... Life is full of fun found raising activities! :lol

Last edited:

What ever God you prey to. Just don't start buying 1/1 size items. I will put this up later this week but still. There are two 1/1 items I am glad I never got. Came close.

But all in all this is a fun hobby. I play with my stuff and I don't care what anyone thinks.

This may be a stupid question but I'm new to Hot Toys.
Is there a difference between the new version of the tumbler and the old version?

This may be a stupid question but I'm new to Hot Toys.
Is there a difference between the new version of the tumbler and the old version?

No difference except the box and how it's packed. To my knowledge that's it.

Arrggh! I never would have noticed that. NOW it's going to drive me keeeerayzeeee!! So I hope someone posts exactly what paint and method of application is required to correct this. Pleeeeese?

Got my Tumbler last week and after I realized the rims were wrong it drove me nuts too. Finally caved in today and painted them with some acrylic paint. Looks 100x better with them being black instead of silver. :)

One thing I wish Hot Toys would have done besides getting the back rims wrong is making the rear sidewalls of the tires curve instead of flat.

batman-tumbler-1.jpg

I ended up selling mine. Kind of stinks because I was so excited to get it but I just decided I want to go figures only plus I really don't want to spend a fortune building a case for it. It's an excellent piece though that's for sure.

Sounds good dude. Can you tell me *exactly* what paint to get? Hell I don't even know what kinda brush to use. I've never painted anything in my life and I'm petrified of screwing up such an expensive toy!! Maybe I should just chill out and leave mine alone. Hell, it isn't even here yet!

:panic:

Got my Tumbler last week and after I realized the rims were wrong it drove me nuts too. Finally caved in today and painted them with some acrylic paint. Looks 100x better with them being black instead of silver. :)

Tbh I didn't even notice the rim paint error till I looked at this thread, no ones gonna care so leaving it be.

Mine will arrive on 15th of January... Right now, I don't have a cabinet...

So, it's so dust-magnet?? Better to keep it in the box??

Tbh I didn't even notice the rim paint error till I looked at this thread, no ones gonna care so leaving it be.

:lol same here.

I'll prolly look into it though, once I've gotten all the Nolan Bats figures, and sorted out my collection.

Sounds good dude. Can you tell me *exactly* what paint to get? Hell I don't even know what kinda brush to use. I've never painted anything in my life and I'm petrified of screwing up such an expensive toy!! Maybe I should just chill out and leave mine alone. Hell, it isn't even here yet!

:panic:

Any black acrylic paint will work. I used a brand called Folk Art that I found at Hobby Lobby, but others like Americana, Tamiya, etc. will work as well. The key is just patience and a steady hand. Once it dried I went over it with another coat and it looks like it should have from HT. I'm sure there are other mods that could be done to make the Tumbler more accurate, but that's the only one that really stuck out and bugged me. I'm happy and I'll be leaving it alone now. :)

That's a start. Did you use a dry brush? Are there even different kinds of brushes to consider when doing this kind of meticulous paint work?

I had a small brush for painting models and just used that. It turned out great so I'm not going to attempt any other mods on this beast as I'd probably screw something up. ;)

Newbie here. First post. Just got into HT when I bought Batman and the Bat Pod. Finally, I have this grail piece after drooling over it for years, ever since it first came out. TDK Trilogy is THE trilogy for me, as I grew up with Batman and Superman being my absolute favorite heroes. I am eternally grateful to Hot Toys for relaunching this beauty. I don't care if they re-release this a few more times. I got mine, and I am so thankful I was able to pay retail for one.

I just don't know what to say. This beast is beautiful. It is so... freaking... impressive. I love the weight, the finish, the overal production on this amazing toy. The main line I collect are high-end Macross Valkyries from Japan, so in terms of engineering, it's not as impressive as some of my Macross valks, but that's just because it doesn't transform. It does make up for it in sheer size. I thought they did, however, make some poor choices, like for the fins, the little pistons, etc. are so fragile feeling, they really should have been metal pieces. I figure I won't ever touch the fins. One of the little antennas was already off. I almost panicked when I realized something was rattling around but it turned out it just fell off and it was easily glued back in. I also felt inside the cockpit was pretty... plain. Disappointing, but I doubt I'd ever show it off with the cockpit open.

I had one major problem. While I was lucky nothing was broken, and the lights all worked fine, the cockpit was F'd up. One of the pins at the hinges was completely out and just hanging out one side. I was on pins and needles trying to fix it. First I had to pull it out without stressing the plastic, and then I had to push it back in without stressing it since it didn't just slide in easily. Took me a good 30 minutes to fix it without stressing the plastic. Drove me nuts. It was the major hing on the cockpit that allows it to flip up and lock up.

That said, nothing was broken and it was all fixed, so no harm, no foul.

This toy ranks right up there with some of my prized Macross jets, and I could not be happier. Wow. The pricepoint is perfect. If I had paid more for this toy, then I would probably be a bit disappointed. Cost me $65 to ship to Canada, plus $66 in taxes/duty. I know there are already a ton of photos of this, but I can't help it; I had to take my own. Thanks for letting me gush, folks!

DSC01078.jpg

DSC01080.jpg

DSC01082.jpg

DSC01083.jpg

DSC01079.jpg

For scale.

DSC01084.jpg

DSC01085.jpg

DSC01094.jpg

DSC01105.jpg

Really nice pictures. It really is a thing of beauty. I love the profile of the tumbler. Congrats on finally getting your grail piece and welcome to the boards.

I'm sat next to this thing and I still love looking at the photos! An amazing addition to any collection.

Really nice pictures. It really is a thing of beauty. I love the profile of the tumbler. Congrats on finally getting your grail piece and welcome to the boards.

Thank you. It's been pretty cool lurking for the last few days, reading everything and looking at other people's photos. I think I am satisfied for the first time in my collecting life. There's nothing out there that I am dying to get. It's kind of bitter sweet. Though, I'm sure in a few months something new will crop up. :)

I'm sat next to this thing and I still love looking at the photos! An amazing addition to any collection.

Yeah, it's certainly a show stopper. There's no surface in my condo big enough for this thing, but my fiance was nice enough to clear off her dresser top so I can put this beauty on there.

I heard something about the rubber wheels having a strange reaction to wood surfaces. Is this true? Right now I am paranoid so I have a giant textbook underneath it, keeping the wheels from touching the dresser surface for now.

Back