1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

I can't have the Tumbler and not have the '89 Batmobile. And I can't buy the '89 Batmobile. Seeing the Tumbler there will constantly remind me that I don't have the '89 and this will actively piss me off. On the other hand if I had neither, I feel I could live with that and be a figures only man. It would also remove all temptation to buy the Delorean when HT makes that. Future money not spent.

Clever.
I like your reasoning...
:clap

Great Scott! This is heavy...

:lol

Theres that word again. Why is everything so heavy in the future? Is there something wrong with the earth's gravitational pull?

Clever.
I like your reasoning...
:clap

Its about getting money now and saving money in the future. But of course the BTTF referance above has put me in the mood for BTTF and reminded me how cool it would be to have the HT line, Delorean included, when it happens :gah:

I can't have the Tumbler and not have the '89 Batmobile. And I can't buy the '89 Batmobile. Seeing the Tumbler there will constantly remind me that I don't have the '89 and this will actively piss me off. On the other hand if I had neither, I feel I could live with that and be a figures only man. It would also remove all temptation to buy the Delorean when HT makes that. Future money not spent.

Yeah I get the reasoning, though what about the batmobile or is that exempt. I did but keaton batman and bale batman but no tumbler or 89 but the 66 I think I have to get

Yeah I get the reasoning, though what about the batmobile or is that exempt. I did but keaton batman and bale batman but no tumbler or 89 but the 66 I think I have to get

The 60s batmobile I have never considered getting, the show was before my time and not one I have any nostalgia attached to.

You sound like you REEAAAAAALY want the '89 Batmobile a-dev. You post about it all the time. :lol

I got a feeling you're going to pull the trigger and one day, you'll post, "*sigh*, LOOK AT THIS" and pull out cool pics of your Batmobile on display.

Its about getting money now and saving money in the future. But of course the BTTF referance above has put me in the mood for BTTF and made me think how cool it would be to have the HT line, Delorean included, when it happens :gah:

I know exactly what you mean. I have been selling off all my stashed model kits over the summer(Search Youtube for "Stash short version" if you want to see the madness i had for the last ten years stockpiling model kits...), and it has enabled me to realise a little cash for other things.
I am constantly hovering between the Tumbler, a sim free iPhone5 or a new iPad4...
It feels better to have the money in the bank than any of those items though, lol.

I must have managed to get a seriously rare first batch tumbler as it has no damage.

Liking the look of the 89 batmobile myself but its not as good as the tumbler for me.

On the topic of space i cannot imagine what i am going to do if HT release the BAT! Suppose i could just suspend it with cables from the ceiling probably hovering over my computer setup.

Haha I feel the same as you A-dev. If I get the tumbler I'd feel I'd have to get the 89 and the batpod to go with it.

Liking the look of the 89 batmobile myself but its not as good as the tumbler for me.

Haha. I think the same way.
I would LOVE to have a full scale Tumbler to drive on the roads, and would be proud of the thing when i parked it.
But if i had a full scale 89 batmobile, i'd be embarrassed to drive to around.
It has nowhere near the presence of the Tumbler. It's like those weird american "sports" cars.
:)

You sound like you REEAAAAAALY want the '89 Batmobile a-dev. You post about it all the time. :lol

I got a feeling you're going to pull the trigger and one day, you'll post, "*sigh*, LOOK AT THIS" and pull out cool pics of your Batmobile on display.

Its just a bit frustrating. I had it on order, so close. I had ordered it when I thought I was getting hitched in 2014. Wedding got moved forward and while technically I should have had a say....what am I gonna say? "Well errrr, can't we stick with '14? I wanted to buy a bunch of toys this year" And I'm not good at improv, I couldn't have come up with anything else that would have been more acceptable. So I went along, 2013, no objection.

Last edited:

It kills me everytime I call ssc, I can not pay my tumbler off as there is no inventory...whats the point of having money if I cant spend it!!!!!!

its just a bit frustrating. I had it on order, so close. I had ordered it when i thought i was getting hitched in 2014. Wedding got moved forward and while technically i should have had a say....what am i gonna say? "well errrr, can't we stick with '14? I wanted to buy a bunch of toys this year" and i'm not good at improv, i couldn't have come up with anything else that would have been more acceptable. So i went along, 2013, no objection.

Don't eat for a month!

Wedding got moved forward and while technically I should have had a say....what am I gonna say? "Well errrr, can't we stick with '14? I wanted to buy a bunch of toys this year" And I'm not good at improv, I couldn't have come up with anything else that would have been more acceptable. So I went along, 2013, no objection.

How about "You know i love you, baby, but give me an extra year to see if i can find someone better".
Make a video of you asking, and make sure to document the bruises you receive...

I already fell under the spell. Tumbler...I loved it. I slept like a baby the night I got my flex pay going. Saw the '89 batman and the price "Nah its too much." Saw the bat-pod later "Reasonable." Didn't want to regret it and buy it on the secondary. A few days later I caved and bought the '89 batmobile because I love the '89 batman. It was originally going to be my only toy and although I think I'd rather have the tumbler, the '89 batmobile is legendary.

My last flex pay is next Monday with SS. How long after that does it take to ship out after that for anyone that has gotten it from them?

When they get there back orders in. I have two left but if they get them in November I will call and say charge and ship.

I know exactly what you mean. I have been selling off all my stashed model kits over the summer(Search Youtube for "Stash short version" if you want to see the madness i had for the last ten years stockpiling model kits...), and it has enabled me to realise a little cash for other things.
I am constantly hovering between the Tumbler, a sim free iPhone5 or a new iPad4...
It feels better to have the money in the bank than any of those items though, lol.

Talking about models, last month I started to build them again. Stared with my Star Wars, Trek, B5, any now the Clyon Rader. I have some really old one's that I am now sure if I will build or not.

Haha. I think the same way.
I would LOVE to have a full scale Tumbler to drive on the roads, and would be proud of the thing when i parked it.
But if i had a full scale 89 batmobile, i'd be embarrassed to drive to around.
It has nowhere near the presence of the Tumbler. It's like those weird american "sports" cars.

I seen it, the full size one. It was before the 1st movie came out. I was like let me count my pennys. Ya I asked how much. But I really wanted the viper from battle star.

I already fell under the spell. Tumbler...I loved it. I slept like a baby the night I got my flex pay going. Saw the '89 batman and the price "Nah its too much." Saw the bat-pod later "Reasonable." Didn't want to regret it and buy it on the secondary. A few days later I caved and bought the '89 batmobile because I love the '89 batman. It was originally going to be my only toy and although I think I'd rather have the tumbler, the '89 batmobile is legendary.

Ive got all three on preorder, but different scenario. I originally only wanted the batpod, got the po from ae. Then, I saw the tumbler, and decided I needed it. I then worried about po with ae and po"d another batpod from ssc. After that, I saw 89 batmobile and said to myself, eh it will look good next to tumbler, and po"d it. So then I needed the 89 and so on......and thats how that came about...

Not sure if I will get the 89 batmobile. I ordered the batpod to go with neyo and cave on the tumblers. I may cancel the 2nd one if it doesn't have the side gun.

Back