1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Ahhh! I'm waiting for a check to pay off this thing. I hope it comes in time to get it early

so what is a back order is that like they order more from hot toys and they just make another batch?

Got my puck LED lights in...work in progress

IMAG0046.jpg

there's something that bothers me...
there's always a gap when you close the cockpit... on all the photos of you guys I have seen it.
you can put is above the "flaps" and that way there's a big gap under it, or you can put it under the flaps, but that way there's a gap where you can slightly see the car interior.
have anyone of you try another way to close it, or some custom?

Got my puck LED lights in...work in progress

IMAG0046.jpg

Nice. Puck lights are what I'll be using too. I'm trying to find wireless ones but so far eBay is the only place and I try to avoid that place like the plague.

But I love the set up man.

there's something that bothers me...
there's always a gap when you close the cockpit... on all the photos of you guys I have seen it.
you can put is above the "flaps" and that way there's a big gap under it, or you can put it under the flaps, but that way there's a gap where you can slightly see the car interior.
have anyone of you try another way to close it, or some custom?

Yeah thats always annoyed me too. Never figured a way around it.

Y'know I've been having thoughts of selling mine. Thoughts I wish I'd had back when it was going for over a grand.

Why would I want to sell? To make me no longer 'need' the 89' Batmobile and to free up the space. Yes, space has now started to be something I care about.

Yeah thats always annoyed me too. Never figured a way around it.

that sucks jaja
cause on the proto pics, it looks ok, but still there's a small gap. maybe it's just the design.

Y'know I've been having thoughts of selling mine. Thoughts I wish I'd had back when it was going for over a grand.

Why would I want to sell? To make me no longer 'need' the 89' Batmobile and to free up the space. Yes, space has now started to be something I care about.

Keep it man, I would imagine it been a massive regret down the line, its probably one of those things that keeps its value high so rebuying one wouldn't be fun plus if you have one that isnt damaged in some way (air flaps ftw) its even more important to keep, its crazy how many i see for sale that have damage.

Think i would part with my tv, computer and all other hot toys before i would the tumbler and all those are worth more.

Wait until the wheels start melting off the new release and people will be paying a premium for the older version :monkey1

Keep it man, I would imagine it been a massive regret down the line, its probably one of those things that keeps its value high so rebuying one wouldn't be fun plus if you have one that isnt damaged in some way (air flaps ftw) its even more important to keep, its crazy how many i see for sale that have damage.

Think i would part with my tv, computer and all other hot toys before i would the tumbler and all those are worth more.

Mine does have air flap damage and some glue marks. Its one of the original release ones.

To be honest, the only time I think I might feel a tinge of regret is when I'm watching BB or TDK and I hear the roar of its engines and Zimmer's music comes on.

Of course, if no one in Ireland wants it this is all moot anyway. I won't be shipping this mofo internationally.

Mine does have air flap damage and some glue marks. Its one of the original release ones.

To be honest, the only time I think I might feel a tinge of regret is when I'm watching BB or TDK and I hear the roar of its engines and Zimmer's music comes on.

Of course, if no one in Ireland wants it this is all moot anyway. I won't be shipping this mofo internationally.

Lol.
I have, on occasion, been tempted with the Tumbler.
But i am more interested in figures, and for me, the deal would have to be a steal. I was very tempted when that one turned up for sale this week for $200.
In the end, i passed on it. It did have some flap damage, but nothing i can't fix. It's something i would really *like* to own, but i certainly don't *need* to own it...
If you found a seller in the UK, you could drive over the border and post it via parcelforce48(Unless you're *really* far away from the border, lol).
That shipping method is quite economical.

I had in mind a 'pick-up' job, I could store it in my shop and someone could come and collect it.

I would even advertise it in my shop to see if anyone local wanted it. Trouble with that is I have no idea if theres anyone around me who knows about Hot Toys and what kind of money they command. A local might laugh in my face at the asking price, assuming that a big toy car should be pretty cheap.

I had in mind a 'pick-up' job, I could store it in my shop and someone could come and collect it.

I would even advertise it in my shop to see if anyone local wanted it. Trouble with that is I have no idea if theres anyone around me who knows about Hot Toys and what kind of money they command. A local might laugh in my face at the asking price, assuming that a big toy car should be pretty cheap.

Yeah. Net advertising would be best, with the added disclaimer of personal pickup, and/or expensive shipping.
If you still have the original box, posting it would not be a problem.
Hair dryer on the removable parts will get them off.

The other obstacle to overcome is asking my other half for permission. She likes it, its the first thing she shows to any visitors....

She likes it!????? It's a keeper then!!!! Why tempt with fate.

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

She likes it!????? It's a keeper then!!!! Why tempt with fate.

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

I can't have the Tumbler and not have the '89 Batmobile. And I can't buy the '89 Batmobile. Seeing the Tumbler there will constantly remind me that I don't have the '89 and this will actively piss me off. On the other hand if I had neither, I feel I could live with that and be a figures only man. It would also remove all temptation to buy the Delorean when HT makes that. Future money not spent.

I can't have the Tumbler and not have the '89 Batmobile. And I can't buy the '89 Batmobile. Seeing the Tumbler there will constantly remind me that I don't have the '89 and this will actively piss me off. On the other hand if I had neither, I feel I could live with that and be a figures only man. It would also remove all temptation to buy the Delorean when HT makes that. Future money not spent.

Great Scott! This is heavy...

Back