1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Got my replacement back from SS...It's perfect with no broken/missing pieces :yess: Also picked up my display case...now I just need a lighting solution...any ideas fellow freaks?? I could use some suggestions

2012-10-24_12-48-58_HDR.jpg

Now that's the way to display the Tumbler! Awesome case bro!

Got my replacement back from SS...It's perfect with no broken/missing pieces :yess: Also picked up my display case...now I just need a lighting solution...any ideas fellow freaks?? I could use some suggestions

2012-10-24_12-48-58_HDR.jpg

looks great, man! And thanks for giving us the dimensions on a later post. That tells me that at 24" deep, there's enough room for Bats to join his car! :clap

No problem...still trying to figure out a light solution...not sure about the Dioder

IMAG0014.jpg

The more I look at them, the less I like these Dioder lights...damn Ikea for changing them...the ones on my detolfs are the old ones

IMAG0018.jpg

IMAG0017.jpg

They have different options at my Ikeas... those puck round ones shown in the detolf and these strips. I prefer the strips.

Thinking i might get a display box for my tumbler just as another option, where is the best place in the UK to source one?

@dsokyra - did you deliberately go for the colour changing ones? 'Cos if you only want white light, Ikea do white dioder strips which are slimmer, and the wires are much smaller. Also, have you thought of putting one strip vertically in each corner? You could run the wires underneath the case and drill 4 small holes in the base to feed them through. That way it'd look a lot neater and the wires would be hidden.

It's very hard, cause the size. I have the 89 batmobile on PO too... my girlfriend will kill me when she know/see the 2 cars :panic:
I'm seriously thinking to nail them on the roof :monkey4

My friend was also thinking of putting it on the wall with case but the weight is a problem.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Hey, dsokyra, mate, how much it was to order dome like this?
I'm trying to find one workshop here to make 2x for me, but the best price that they've gave me was around 300$ for ONE. Just want to realize the worldwide price meter. :D It's glued org-glass, right?

They have different options at my Ikeas... those puck round ones shown in the detolf and these strips. I prefer the strips.

The only problem is that the strips don't give off as bright of light as the old pucks do.
@dsokyra - did you deliberately go for the colour changing ones? 'Cos if you only want white light, Ikea do white dioder strips which are slimmer, and the wires are much smaller. Also, have you thought of putting one strip vertically in each corner? You could run the wires underneath the case and drill 4 small holes in the base to feed them through. That way it'd look a lot neater and the wires would be hidden.

I thought of that, but then it would be very hard to open the display case for changing poses etc.

:clap Sick setup , i need to make a case when i move , i had somthing simular planned just like that. Great job buddy :hi5:

Thanks buddy!

Hey, dsokyra, mate, how much it was to order dome like this?
I'm trying to find one workshop here to make 2x for me, but the best price that they've gave me was around 300$ for ONE. Just want to realize the worldwide price meter. :D It's glued org-glass, right?

It was about $400 from a local guy...but it was well worth it...he did a great job...no bubbles from the glue anywhere...and he gave me some special acrylic cleaner/polish

Hm. I'm surprised.
I guess I should go with those guys' offer since I'm ordering 100x60x50 dome - bigger than you have.
Thanks! It was very helpful for me.
And congratz! Totally worth it.

Hm. I'm surprised.
I guess I should go with those guys' offer since I'm ordering 100x60x50 dome - bigger than you have.
Thanks! It was very helpful for me.
And congratz! Totally worth it.

Is it acrylic? What is the width (thickness) of the sheets?

Self made display case made from acrylic. I'll definitely make another one for The Bat-Pod and other things but for my first attempt it wasn't bad. And it only cost me $60 so that's a plus lol

Self made display case made from acrylic. I'll definitely make another one for The Bat-Pod and other things but for my first attempt it wasn't bad. And it only cost me $60 so that's a plus lol

nice set up but i suggest putting something under the tumbler itself. the weight puts stress on the front wheels and the sides slowly start sticking out. where did you get the materials?

nice set up but i suggest putting something under the tumbler itself. the weight puts stress on the front wheels and the sides slowly start sticking out. where did you get the materials?

Even if you put something under the Tumbler, the front wheels are still bearing weight. Wouldn't they still eventually bulge? Unless you mean have something underneath to prop it up so the wheels aren't touching the surface.

Can you not just rotate the wheels a little every so often?

Back