1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Is it acrylic? What is the width (thickness) of the sheets?
It's 5mm acrylic with polishing of all corners and black glass inside the stand (so the tumbler won't stick to the wooden finishing). Around 310$ for one dome. I'm going to pick up two, coz I want to display bat-pod and all the villains near in the same case.

you can hoist it up just enough that the tires still touch the ground. this vid explains it the problem at 7:15 mark: [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV2uogEUnuM[/ame]

Can you not just rotate the wheels a little every so often?

look up toys210 video of the tumbler. at the 7:15 mark he explains the problem. can't post a link for some reason

Damn, well that's disappointing. I've had my Tumbler for about a month, and I can confirm that I have the same problem. I'll have to stick something beneath the front side to elevate the wheels a bit.

Nice socks Butters.

In case anyone is looking for an acrylic case for their Tumbler, the guy that did mine ended up getting a few more orders after I showed some pics of the one he did for me and has now listed it on his website as a custom item for sale. I can vouch for the quality of this piece, and will be using him for any other cases that I will need made.

https://clearpc.ca/store/products/dark-knight-batmobile-rc-car-collectible-display-case/

004-8.jpg

Last edited:

That's an awesome case but the link doesn't work :gah:

This is what i get

In case anyone is looking for an acrylic case for their Tumbler, the guy that did mine ended up getting a few more orders after I showed some pics of the one he did for me and has now listed it on his website as a custom item for sale. I can vouch for the quality of this piece, and will be using him for any other cases that I will need made.

https://clearpc.ca/store/products/dar...-display-case/

004-8.jpg

Link didn't work.

Link fixed, sorry bout that

What's this crap now about the front wheels and weight distribution causing panels coming loose.

Why can't Apple have the damn license for 1/6 and 1/4 high end collectibles.

Foxconn can manufacture. :lol

Last edited:

nice set up but i suggest putting something under the tumbler itself. the weight puts stress on the front wheels and the sides slowly start sticking out. where did you get the materials?

I've never heard of that issue before. I've only ever heard about the QC issues. This is news to me and a little worry some. Right now it's flat on a section of my computer desk and I may have to check that out when I get home today. Thanks for the info!

But I got the materials at Lowes. It's nice because they will cut it for free to your measurements.

https://clearpc.ca/store/products/dark-knight-batmobile-rc-car-collectible-display-case/

004-8.jpg

That's a beautiful case and set up man. Wish I had the extra ducketts for that case. Looks top notch!

What's this crap now about the front wheels and weight distribution causing panels coming loose.

Why can't Apple have the damn license for 1/6 and 1/4 high end collectibles.

Foxconn can manufacture. :lol

Actually that's happening to my Tumbler too, but is really hard to notice that, you have to lift the front side of the car and watch the side panels of the front wheels and you'll see how the panels come back to the designed position... The good thing is, the issue is not that noticiable, and after watching the DX12, this thing, even if all panels comes off, still looks far more accurate than DX12 :lol :lol

Actually that's happening to my Tumbler too, but is really hard to notice that, you have to lift the front side of the car and watch the side panels of the front wheels and you'll see how the panels come back to the designed position... The good thing is, the issue is not that noticiable, and after watching the DX12, this thing, even if all panels comes off, still looks far more accurate than DX12 :lol :lol

I appreciate the heads up on the Tumbler weight issue...I've already propped mine up underneath and the panels went back into place.

no problem. just looking out for you all and my friend who had the same issue until i saw the video. a lot of money went into to this and i'm waiting on the 89 myself

I don't think the front tires will ever give out due to this issue however... if it did we'd know about it from previous owners.

Back