The Dark Knight 10th Aniversary Theatrical Rerelease

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7hS51TO.gif

What was that? :lol

Best movie of the 21st Century imo. So far

Definitely one of the best comic book movies. In my top ten. I saw it four times in the theater.

I'd be in for another theater viewing if it comes to town.

10 years ago already...wow.

Best comic book movie for me would be Iron Man, the first one.

Yeah, I'd put Winter Soldier and Iron Man up there with TDK as well... can't go wrong with any of the 3.

Winter Soldier

you couldnt even pick a NON super hero movie... jesus christ lol.

and for that matter both The Dark Knight AND spiderman are much better movies than winter soldier. Winter soldier is only good in the context of the franchise.

you cannot really just pick up winter soldier and show it to someone that nas hever seen any other movies.

you can totally take the dark knight and show it to a non comic fan and they will be able to follow it. or Spiderman. winter soldier is more like a chapter in a book than a stand alone movie. so for that reason alone it cannot be counted as best movie. a good movie needs to stand on its own. and needs tobe able to be seen and enjoy by anybody.
winter soldier doesnt do either

I’m a Batman fan so TDK would be my #1 but I think I have more fun sometimes watching Iron Man…. I just love the Starkitude.

I’m a Batman fan so TDK would be my #1 but I think I have more fun sometimes watching Iron Man…. I just love the Starkitude.

yes, iron man is more fun, it is a great time. with awesome effects

dark knight just tells a more engaging story in a more tense and interesting way.

Iron man is still the best of the mcu imo. They never surpassed that.

But it doesn’t hold a candle to TDK.

And winter soldier... No. :lol

Also I did see TDK in real imax ( it it’s been converted to liemax since) and it was definitely worth it.

I do have a home theatre tho so have no need to go to the cinema again, unless they put it on a true imax. I’d definitely see it again in those circumstances.

I guess I'm in the minority who find IM1 to have not aged well (the opening in particular I find rather unwatchable these days). I'm not bashing it by any means as I still like the film a lot, it's miles better than IM2 or IM3 which don't even touch it, and it's still in my list of top tier MCU - but personally I'd take Avengers 1, First Avenger, Winter Soldier, GotG1, and hell even Thor 1 over it. I'm not saying those are better flicks objectively, I just personally enjoy them more... plus I really don't like that guy who played Rhodey in IM1.

After just recently re-watching TDK, I'd put it and IM1 on the same level... but I'm also in the minority who prefer Batman Begins over TDK, so don't listen to me. :lol

I guess I'm in the minority who find IM1 to have not aged well (the opening in particular I find rather unwatchable these days). I'm not bashing it by any means as I still like the film a lot, it's miles better than IM2 or IM3 which don't even touch it, and it's still in my list of top tier MCU - but personally I'd take Avengers 1, First Avenger, Winter Soldier, GotG1, and hell even Thor 1 over it. I'm not saying those are better flicks objectively, I just personally enjoy them more... plus I really don't like that guy who played Rhodey in IM1.

After just recently re-watching TDK, I'd put it and IM1 on the same level... but I'm also in the minority who prefer Batman Begins over TDK, so don't listen to me. :lol

whats the best movie of the 21st century for you?

I like BB better than TDK as well, always have. But for me it’s not a huge difference.

I agree on iron man not aging well in some ways, as I find it less rewatchable over all. I also agree on avengers 1 and Thor 1 being around the same. I don’t like the cap movies or gotg much however. I haven’t seen ragnarok yet though... I was so excited, the trailer was awesome, but everyone talking about it being a joke fest and comparing it to gotg2 made me hold off. How long till that hits bluray now I wonder

I haven’t seen ragnarok yet though... I was so excited, the trailer was awesome, but everyone talking about it being a joke fest and comparing it to gotg2 made me hold off. How long till that hits bluray now I wonder

Ragnarok hits BR March 6. I was in the majority who didn't like it at first, thinking Hela was the only good part of it, but looking back I can honestly say I prefer it over the likes of IM2, AoU, CW, Ant-Meh, and GotG2... all of which suck ass IMO.

I used to dislike Gremlins 2 because it was a full blown parody of the first, but I love that flick now. With any luck maybe Ragnarok will grow on me in the same way, or at least I'll dislike it less. Jeff Goldblum's character is annoying af though.

Just be prepared for a full blown parody ala Gremlins 2 and you should be fine.

Back