The current state of DC 1/6 collectibles . . . DEAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tdk trilogy could of been perfect but imo tdkr drags it down and is a terrible movie with an awful story however Snyder just isn?t cut out to make comic book films. Why kill Superman in his second film? Why make Batman fight Superman once in a film called Batman v Superman. People like to say it?s WBs fault and that may be true since he went ahead with there crappy plans to rush into the JL instead of plan it out. So I never got what ?vision? this guy had when he was just a yes man for WB and injected his crappy style in it. I hope after this silly Snyder cut he will be long gone. DC doesn?t need some idiot who doesn?t like Superman or comics to headline the universe

Hack Snyder is a hack. He had one entertaining film, 300, the rest were craptastic! :lecture

And Nolan is overrated. Memento, Batman Begins, Prestige were great and then everything else after that was mostly good (Inception) to decent (Dunkirk) to terrible (Interstellar).

The scale tips in Nolan's favor. Case closed! :lol

Pretty much. Nolan is very overrated. I remember people acting like tdkr was going to be the second coming of cinema and it became the least liked of the series. Hated that movie and what they did to the robin character. I pretend that one doesn?t exist.

Snyder is just meh. All his movies are meh. The only thing I give him credit for is he made a Superman that actually punches.

I like Snyder. He tries, and his movies are great looking on the surface. Not everything has to be The Godfather, there's room for brainless popcorn movies too.

I like Snyder. He tries, and his movies are great looking on the surface. Not everything has to be The Godfather, there's room for brainless popcorn movies too.

I think this is probably my issue with Snyder's DCEU. It seems like it's trying to be both The Godfather and brainless popcorn flick and it manages to fail at being either.

I think this is probably my issue with Snyder's DCEU. It seems like it's trying to be both The Godfather and brainless popcorn flick and it manages to fail at being either.

I would say he is in the middle style of both as a director, just like Nolan.
Watchmen, Mos and Dawn of the dead are for sure in the middle.

He actually care and tries to be something memorable, different for example of James wan in Aquaman, Patty jenkins in WW or Sandberg's Shazam, they all choose to do light popcorn movies.

We have bay to make those. DC is more than brainless action

If you ever wanted to understand why there aren't many DC figures being made, well, Marvel just announced a billion new series and an FF movie... meanwhile, over at WB, dudes are like "What if we made the Justice League movie nobody liked AGAIN."

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I'll say in WB's defense, Marvel is working from an advantage of having Disney Plus already successfully up and running, while AT&T shat the bed with the HBO Max launch and were a bit too late to the streaming game. They are supposedly doing a Green Lantern show, but it's not gonna be ready until late 2021 at the earliest. Hence the panicked and boneheaded move of sending their entire movie slate to streaming.

I'll say in WB's defense, Marvel is working from an advantage of having Disney Plus already successfully up and running, while AT&T shat the bed with the HBO Max launch and were a bit too late to the streaming game. They are supposedly doing a Green Lantern show, but it's not gonna be ready until late 2021 at the earliest. Hence the panicked and boneheaded move of sending their entire movie slate to streaming.
I would be totally fine with that if it applied to my country, haha. I'm not going to a theatre any time soon, so I guess I just won't be watching any of those movies.

I would be totally fine with that if it applied to my country, haha. I'm not going to a theatre any time soon, so I guess I just won't be watching any of those movies.

But thats your choice, you can download the movie to make HBO Max move faster in the localization of the app in your country.
Baby Yoda merch sold out in the whole planet, because everyone watched by torrent outside US, we live in a world of globalization, we agree to pay but they dont give us the choice.
We as consumers have the power, not the other way around, they work for our money. If they don't give us the choice to pay to watch than there is the torrent who is for free.

IMO, 'The Batman' being on HBO & in cinemas (on day one) will be the biggest test to this model. There's no way I'm not seeing Matt Reeves' movie on the big screen, biggest screen possible.

They've been "making a Flash movie" for fifteen years, so honestly I'll believe it when I'm buying the ticket.

This. Looks like Spider-Man is gonna beat them to the punch. Freaking sad

WB can compete with marvel on the same level. DC universe was a thing before Disney plus and it only had lackluster content with some good sprinkled in. The problem is they either don?t want to or they don?t care. They make the worst decisions I?ve seen in a studio and I thought Sony was bad but atleast they wised up. WB is practically begging Disney to buy DC and looney tunes at this point . And if that happens I wouldn?t be surprised in the slightest. Whoever is behind the scenes of WB are idiots. They should of been fired when they put Snyder in charge .

Sometimes DC spins gold like the JOKER movie but then they?ll go back to crappy tactics with the Snyder cut. Yes give more money to the guy who hasn?t made a good movie since 300

WB can compete with marvel on the same level. DC universe was a thing before Disney plus and it only had lackluster content with some good sprinkled in. The problem is they either don?t want to or they don?t care. They make the worst decisions I?ve seen in a studio and I thought Sony was bad but atleast they wised up. WB is practically begging Disney to buy DC and looney tunes at this point . And if that happens I wouldn?t be surprised in the slightest. Whoever is behind the scenes of WB are idiots. They should of been fired when they put Snyder in charge .

Sometimes DC spins gold like the JOKER movie but then they?ll go back to crappy tactics with the Snyder cut. Yes give more money to the guy who hasn?t made a good movie since 300

But "Joker" is a Snyder type of movie, dark and deep, but people wasnt ready for this tipe of movie without bias when MOS was released.
I really think the problem with Warner is with herself as a management company, its proved that it was Warner who mess up in Snyder's movies by demandind stuff right and left, you may dont like him, but the fact is when they let him release what he wants, he delivery good stuff.

No it?s not a Snyder type movie. Snyder isn?t freaking deep . He?s flashy and is good with visuals . Far from deep. He tries to be but sucks at it. Doing what he did to Superman was silly and no even without WB?s involvement his movies are still terrible . The directors cut of BVS wasn?t good in the slightest

No it?s not a Snyder type movie. Snyder isn?t freaking deep . He?s flashy and is good with visuals . Far from deep. He tries to be but sucks at it. Doing what he did to Superman was silly and no even without WB?s involvement his movies are still terrible . The directors cut of BVS wasn?t good in the slightest

Dude a Pixar movie is deep, God vs Human(bvs) is deep, and so on......
Joker can also be see as a dumb incel movie whose protagonist is damaged by our aggressive society, poor guy. See i just did what you did with Snyder. I oversimplified the movie.
There is a lot of directors who sucks, but you love to hate Snyder.

I imagine if Snyder stopped making terrible DC movies, DC fans would stop talking about him in the DC thread.

Back