The current state of DC 1/6 collectibles . . . DEAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still think the DC line is dead? Now should be a good time to fill in DC with Marvel films on hiatus.

They're absolutely gonna be making figures for the Disney+ shows so people need to temper any expectations they'd have about Marvel going away. And even if the films wind up delayed again I'd not be surprised if work was being done on figures for those too as we speak.

Still it'd be nice to get Batman Returns Catwoman and that new Ledger Joker. It just got leaked McFarlane is making toys for The Suicide Squad. Hopefully HT at least does Harley.

They're absolutely gonna be making figures for the Disney+ shows so people need to temper any expectations they'd have about Marvel going away. And even if the films wind up delayed again I'd not be surprised if work was being done on figures for those too as we speak.

Still it'd be nice to get Batman Returns Catwoman and that new Ledger Joker. It just got leaked McFarlane is making toys for The Suicide Squad. Hopefully HT at least does Harley.

I'm in for a new version of Harley. I have the first suicide squad version with the smiling sculpt and still think it's a great figure. Deadshot is a solid release too, the masked head looks great on the figure. If the movie was better he'd probably be selling at $700+

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2021/02/jared-leto-joker-justice-league-zack-snyder?mbid=social_twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_brand=vf&utm_source=twitter&utm_social-type=owned

New image of Joker up! Very interesting look and I love that Snyder bought him back. Interesting read Snyder talking about the history of Joker and Batman in his BvS universe. A shame people didn't like the world building he created to explain the Bat that we got, I thought it worked extremely well, but there you go...

Joker-first-look-embed.jpg

Not really looking good for DC right now unless you are into rehashes. Been looking at the future lineup and what could get made:

The Suicide Squad - Harley
The Batman - Batman, Batcycle?
Black Adam - Black Adam, Hawkman, Dr. Fate, Atom Smasher
The Flash - Flash, BatmanKeaton, BatmanAffleck?, Supergirl
Aquaman 2 - Aquaman, Mera?, Black Manta?
Shazam 2 - Shazam this time?
WW3 - Another WW
Superman Reboot? - Superman
I don't even know if Zatanna, Nightwing, Supergirl, JL Dark are happening, just "in development".
Gotham Knights, Suicide Squad and Arkham Knight games with the Titans tv show. Maybe a SooSoo Robin from Titans? Still waiting on Nightwing PO from Arkham.

Honestly. If Shazam didn?t get made then I doubt black Adam will. I find that so weird. Who teases something and doesn?t release it?

See: many others. Can never count on something until it goes up for preorder. I hope Nightwing isn't even close to the timeframe of Batgirl.

I don't think HT can pass on The Rock DC figure. I for one would be interested in that Dr. Fate (Pierce Brosnan) figure if the costume looks good.

I'm in for a new version of Harley. I have the first suicide squad version with the smiling sculpt and still think it's a great figure. Deadshot is a solid release too, the masked head looks great on the figure. If the movie was better he'd probably be selling at $700+

All SS figures are great.

Looking forward to the ZSJL two-pack next year and still holding onto hope for a Cyborg figure. But other than that I’ve pretty much stopped caring and am walking away from DC. I’ve taken up another 1/6 figure project as appears in my sig.

Looking forward to the ZSJL two-pack next year and still holding onto hope for a Cyborg figure. But other than that I’ve pretty much stopped caring and am walking away from DC. I’ve taken up another 1/6 figure project as appears in my sig.

I'm sort of in the same boat, at least in terms of live action characters. I'll still get Sideshow comic DC figures most likely, but the movie stuff doesn't excite me any longer. Maybe The Batman will change that if the movie is any good. But my excitement with any movies going forward that were sort of Snyderverse (at least in terms of actors carrying on their roles), doesn't excite me one bit.

Back