The current state of DC 1/6 collectibles . . . DEAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty much all high end burton Batman merch sells for crazy money even the neca. The 1/4th bats went for damn near 500

Exactly, it's a license to print money. Hot Toys just don't have the will and are selfishly sitting on the license. If it wasn't a license issue other companies would have made these figures by now.

1/6 Catwoman and Penguin would be big sellers and you can only imagine the interest should they do Keaton, Pfeiffer and Nicholson in 1/4 scale.

And the Superman Returns license. I'd love a new Routh figure, either from SR or his Kingdom Come suit. With the way Hot Toys drags ass about DC, can't count on them to make one.
Honestly, if you want a solid Superman Returns figure I think you might be better served to go down the custom route. Even if HT decides to devote some energy to DC, Superman Returns is a bit of a double whammy: it's both old and not especially popular.

Of course, that could change quickly if we get a Superman film that blows up on the global stage. Even less chance of that happening, though. :/

I could see CW Routh happening, though--if CW Flash wasn't a one-and-done. These days I try not to get excited about any DC possibility because it's a recipe for disappointment.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

KC Routh would be awesome.

31acac319e037648ce2cc53918632549.jpg

They need to revisit Reeve Superman to. I still love the figure they gave us but it is showing its age.

Paint app would be much improved today and the likeness though good has room for improvement. Suit really isn't great at all, from the stick on emblem to the weird shiny material used.

Just make a Superman 2 version and a Terence Stamp Zod. Failing that at least make Reeve and Keaton in 1/4 scale. They would sell out in no time.

If only Blitzway could nab the Batman Returns license.
Blitzway is about as slow with delivering any/every product they make as HT is with just DC. I honestly wouldn't want them holding the DC license.
And the Superman Returns license. I'd love a new Routh figure, either from SR or his Kingdom Come suit. With the way Hot Toys drags ass about DC, can't count on them to make one.
I would really love a new Superman Returns figure. I did like him in the Kingdom Come suit, but I would much prefer a revisit of the SR suit especially considering how much better the screen printing process is now at this scale vs what it was back when the original figures were released. And maybe the chest shield will actually have tiny \S/ stamped in instead of the small texture HT put on their originals along with an accurate pleather-ish cape instead of a cloth one.

Blitzway is about as slow with delivering any/every product they make as HT is with just DC. I honestly wouldn't want them holding the DC license.

In terms of quality, though, they're the only ones who approach HT.

Thank God for Sideshow, though. Most of the figures I've bought this year are from their DC line.

In terms of quality, though, they're the only ones who approach HT.

Thank God for Sideshow, though. Most of the figures I've bought this year are from their DC line.

True, for the most part, overall quality is pretty nice. I've only ever had the Fight Club set in hand to go buy however, that was a gift to a now ex who loves that movie.

But yes, regardless of my small gripes with SS figures, overall I'm glad they've released some nice DC figures. I mean, all my purchases this year have actually been from Sideshow and not HT. Still waiting on my comic Superman though :(

Last edited:
Well hopefully we can get another Leto Joker since he is in the Snyder cut now.... :lol

Can't imagine wanting to see more of Leto's Joker, myself. Worst ever.

I'm happy for you, honestly, if you're getting what you enjoy. I have to wait wait till 2022 for The Batman.

Yeah I do, we all need a break from the conventional Joker. I have no issues with Leto's Joker, would love to see him interact with Batman. :yess:

My immediate reaction to this news was that decisions like this are exactly why this franchise gets so little figure love now.:lol

I ****ing love my Phoenix Joker, I love my Ledger Joker, therein I have my perfect weird mix of different Jokers. You know what, I love my weird Gang Banger Leto Joker. I'd like to see more of him without a script by Ayer and see what he can do, he's a great actor. Also my AA Joker is still top 5 Hot Toys, don't think I'll ever sell it. I'm looking forward to it, great for me, cos I'm also extremely looking forward to the Batman, I win in all situations!!!!!

Personally, if I was a director and I heard about Leto's juvenile antics on Suicide Squad, I would never hire him. Hell, I wouldn't hire him to work at a McDonald's.

Back