The Chev's Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Chev

Super Freak
Reaction score
Greetings my fellow freaks. I'm finally starting a thread for my collection. My collection has grown quite a bit since I started last March. While I don't have detolf's yet, but I do have two small display cabinets and I love to photograph my figures and statues, sometimes comically.

I have enjoyed my time here, and a great deal of the people on this site are really awesome to discuss topics with, and talk to.

First 1/6 figure I got last march(I didn't get the chair till only recently)

First Hot Toy(this is the actual first photo I took moments after unboxing)

Here's my two display cabinets with figures in them. I need to get some detolfs badly

More pics to come....

Some Great Pieces in your Eclectic Collection and a interesting observation, turning the vertical shelves horizontal for larger pieces to be displayed, Late Welcome to the Show and Great Great Post Chev

Some Great Pieces in your Eclectic Collection and a interesting observation, turning the vertical shelves horizontal for larger pieces to be displayed, Late Welcome to the Show and Great Great Post Chev

Actually, It was custom built by my uncle and is actually supposed to be horizontal. If you look carefully you can see the piece that's supposed to hang on the wall on top. It was built for these Little Rascal dolls I got as a child. However, you're right, it could work the other way for smaller items. Good observation, and that might be something I could look into when I'm out searching for shelves and display cases.

Actually, It was custom built by my uncle and is actually supposed to be horizontal. If you look carefully you can see the piece that's supposed to hang on the wall on top. It was built for these Little Rascal dolls I got as a child. However, you're right, it could work the other way for smaller items. Good observation, and that might be something I could look into when I'm out searching for shelves and display cases.

I can say one thing, they don't have Craftsmanship like that anymore, Good looking Shelf with the trim on it, the majority of stuff these days is so flimsy, it's pathetic

I can say one thing, they don't have Craftsmanship like that anymore, Good looking Shelf with the trim on it, the majority of stuff these days is so flimsy, it's pathetic

Yes, my uncle is quite good at this stuff. If I recall correctly, it took him six months to build it. He took his time and did it right. The other thing is the dolls I had originally displayed in there had be in that case since 1996, and when I removed them back in April of this year, they were just as fresh looking as if they were brand new. The protection this case provides is amazing. It's a shame it only holds a low number of figures. I'm patiently trying to get him to build me another one cause that quality can't be beat.

The sad thing is, more than half of my collection is boxed up due to lack of space of space at the moment.

It's supposed to be a walk in closet!

Tell me about it

DSCF1892_zpscc2fcc4c.jpg

The box room
:thud:

Last edited:
Here's a 12' statue I purchased from a artist who I commissioned to make something for me.

This isn't as polished as fine as what most of us are used to, but there is something I really like about it. Plus, I'm a huge Classic Monster fan.

Back