The Cheap-O Customizer Thread! Post your under $100 customs!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2013-10-02%2001.31.02.jpg

Crappy cell pic for now, just gotta put it together/probably grab a different body. This one is clocking in at 20-25 bucks.

Mr. McClane is going to be in at around 70-80, but he's worth it. Paints almost done, pics soon.

2013-10-02%2001.31.02.jpg

Crappy cell pic for now, just gotta put it together/probably grab a different body. This one is clocking in at 20-25 bucks.

Mr. McClane is going to be in at around 70-80, but he's worth it. Paints almost done, pics soon.

Like it:)
Got any links to the robe shorts etc and prices?

would these count?
HPIM0239.jpg

these were anywhere from 10-15 bucks........and with any additional pouches and bits maybe another $6.........:dunno.......nice cheap & fun to do.

next one is a snowtrooper......
snw9.jpg

the best i can guess would be around $70 (putting a $30 value on the marmit body i used).

conan..........
const3.jpg

body was a jaxx stone cold steve austin i found at a kb years ago for $10...........the head was about $20? from storerooms (probably a recast sideshow....:slap), the marto sword was the most expensive at about $45 back when........the rest is just scrap stuff i had maybe value it at $5-7????

the movie heavy metal b-17 airman...........
attachment.php

$30 marmit body.......$2 skull (was a keychain), $10 jacket, $5 pants, $5 boots, $8 life vest, $5 headset, $7 parachute, scavenged the hands from a plastic halloween skeleton......$1 maybe?

one big reason i got into customizing was i just couldn't see paying those hot toys prices for stuff (that's totally out the window now..:lol) & because some of the stuff i did didn't exist. but mainly for the fun & challenge of it. i have lots more like zombies, more upgraded hasbro star wars stuff, and a few odd pieces i came up with so these are just a few.

That conan is insane nice work

Sunohc's, scored it for 20 bucks

Good price;)
I have that head aswell and alternate it with another headplay one I'm still working on.
100_7778.jpg

This figure cost around the 100 dollar mark aswell
Head 20 pounds
vest 5 pounds
guns another say 20 pounds
pants 5 pounds
body 24 pounds
walkie watch and stand say another 10 pounds so a bit over

Last edited:
Good price;)
I have that head aswell and alternate it with another headplay one I'm still working on.
100_7778.jpg

This figure cost around the 100 dollar mark aswell
Head 20 pounds
vest 5 pounds
guns another say 20 pounds
pants 5 pounds
body 24 pounds
walkie watch and stand say another 10 pounds so a bit over

:hi5: This looks your best! and for roughly $100. :clap

Wow Mando... unrecognizable change to the sweater. I'm strongly considering tackling Freddy now :rock

Now I don't know if this is cheating or not... but here's "technically" an under $100 custom. However, it was done through strategic buying and selling.

dutchb_zps75401743.jpg

dutchc_zpsedcdc112.jpg

Costs and Recipe
$0 MMS117 Body- taken from parted out figure (made more than I paid)
$0 DX10 Head-taken from parted out figure (made more than I paid)
$150 HT Dutch Ex
-$230 Sold Dutch Ex. Headphones ($50), Body ($100) and Head ($80)
-$80 Total

So in the end I made $80 on this figure :lol

This looks really good, great job:clap

Heres my custom for under a 100 bucks

Road Pig
KP body 40 bucks
head and pads 50 bucks
the boots, pants were from the junk box:lol
Made the cod piece myself
Axe is from the bits a pieces set, just a stand in til the hammer comes.

roadpigwithaxe002_zps5aa6ffdd.jpg

roadpigwithaxe003_zpsf356d884.jpg

would these count?
HPIM0239.jpg

these were anywhere from 10-15 bucks........and with any additional pouches and bits maybe another $6.........:dunno.......nice cheap & fun to do.

Very cool Jawas. I'd buy a couple from you.

Great idea for a thread by the by.

Mcclanes looking good hunter.
I’d give him a bit more flesh colour looks a bit sandy.
Love the jawas barryo.
Where did you get the pouches and weapons?
I only have one but might get some more they look great.

Love the jawas barryo.
Where did you get the pouches and weapons?
I only have one but might get some more they look great.
Thanks I made some of the pouches and bought a few ww2 pouches from toy anxiety. I think I took some of the bandoleers that came with the jawa and separated them and put on a new strap. Made a few weapons gizmos and weathered the ones that came with it.

Saw some ww2 bandoliers on ebay earlier thought it might be them.
Look great thats on the list of to dos. Love the sniper rifle and weathering all you need is a few droids and you have a cool diao.
Ooh teenie:)

Not much to this one compared to a lot of the cool stuff in here.The pic sucks but it's what I'm working with at the moment

IMG_4957_zps28fe6d95.jpg

I bought a loose stock SSC Friday 3 Jason cheap. I switched out the body, boots and mask, modified everything else.

SSC figure- $35
ACE body-$25
custom hock-$35

The boots, white tee and machete I already had in my parts bin for ages.

I still have to restitch the pants so they're not as baggy.

Back