The Cabin in the Woods

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One more thing, when I thought the movie was awesome, and the ending was perfect, it got even better when the credits rolled. My favorite band of all time playing over the credits. Can't wait to get this on blu!

Agreed! I just saw the trailer for the first time, and I am so glad that I didn't see it before seeing the movie. For those who haven't seen this yet, stay away from the trailers! Go in cold.

I saw it once a really, really long time back. I only remembered the

"Do we want to go down" part.

Worked out in my favor.

This is a 9 out of 10 for me. I wasn't scared for a second but it's always entertaining and often hilarious.

I wasn't a fan of Evil Dead and I watched this tonight and really didn't care for it. It was okay. I did fall asleep a few times. :rotfl

The humor was good. I will give it that.

really enjoyed the movie
Spoiler Spoiler:

Just got back from seeing it. Dumbest movie ever! I thought that, my kids thought that, I heard it repeated over and over from other people.
Spoiler Spoiler:
Seriously, I'm 44 years old and it is the worst movie I've ever seen.

ETA I'm reading some of the reviews on here and am quite amazed how many of you like this. The only thing I found close to being enjoyable was the stoner. He was at least funny.

Last edited:
Well guess what, I got dragged to see this tonight, was drinking at the bar with 3 friends, and their 2 gf's wanted to go. After a long battle by me, It was agreed I would pay for half of a half of my ticket so $2 later I was in the ____tiest theatre in the world. I'm seriously never seeing a movie in a city theatre again I dont know how you guys who live in the city do it, they are sardine cans.

Anyway all in all the movie was ok and I mean just ok. There were some funny elements and characters, mainly the Stoner and gas station guy and I did like the twist at the very end.

The rest was as I pretty much predicted a bunch of unoriginal rip offs. Like watching Seinfeld do observational humor on 80s and modern horror cliches. The only "original feeling element" to me is the way every country is participating in these rituals, but that is rather sloppily explained tbh and the way it suggests this is why Horror movies are the cliched way they are.

I'd say it's like a 5 maybe 6/10 for me, no where near what the Whedon crazies here would have you believe. My friend hated it way more then I did, but he also isn't a horror fan so most of the referances probably didn't land.

I feel like that Family Guy clip in fact could probably sum this whole thing up perfectly where Peter and Chris argue about the popularity of Buffy and how Whedon fans try to make it sound more popular then it ever actually was. :lol

Oh yea, also I was a bit surprised and dissapointed Clint Howard wasn't a guy in the control room. I kept thinking he'd pop up at some point. :lol

I thought it was good for what it was i've seen it once, I cant see myself buying it on bluray

Just got back i really enjoyd it, im not going to try and spoil anything but its got this element thats not full horror but more of a mashup of a ton on genres, honestly this movie is F*&^ING WIERD!!! SO WIERD!!!

But thats why i liked it, and couldnt stop watching, i def recommend you guys check it out before it all gets spoiled!

Just got back from seeing it. Dumbest movie ever! I thought that, my kids thought that, I heard it repeated over and over from other people.
Spoiler Spoiler:
Seriously, I'm 44 years old and it is the worst movie I've ever seen.

ETA I'm reading some of the reviews on here and am quite amazed how many of you like this. The only thing I found close to being enjoyable was the stoner. He was at least funny.

that's too bad. Just out of curiosity, what types of movies are in your top rated list?

If you like horror flicks, and don't like this movie, then I don't know. I mean...I really don't. Unless you went in wanting to hate it or something.

Seeing that Evil Dead 2 cabin made me smile. I knew I was in for something special.

These five characters remind me of a favorite cartoon.
If the jock is Fred, the slut is Daphne, the scholar is Velma, and Shaggy is the stoner, does that make Scooby the virgin?

JossScoobyGang.jpg

Back