( Horror Movie ) The Cabin in the Woods.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard 2009. I thought it was a weird follow up to Thor for Hemmsworth but it made more sense when I found out it was filmed BEFORE Thor :lol

But yeah, sitting on a film for three years? That's never a good sign.

Most who've seen it seem to say it doesn't end how you'd expect it to ( as crazy as it looks ) and doesn't disappoint in the way that it does. 93% on Rotten now also, it's gone up but I'd be surprised if it didn't go down over time.

I heard 2009. I thought it was a weird follow up to Thor for Hemmsworth but it made more sense when I found out it was filmed BEFORE Thor :lol

But yeah, sitting on a film for three years? That's never a good sign.

There's lots of reasons why movies get sat on, usually because of crap at the studios, contracts, etc. etc. etc.

I believe I read on bloody disgusting that Lionsgate was going through financial problems and amidst the MGM restructure when this movie was being wrapped up so they decided to put it on the back burner for a while. I'll see if I can find that information somewhere.

Ok, here's one of the posts that I read that explain some of the information about the delay:

Bloody Disgusting regular 'JayKah' just tipped us off to something absolutely hilarious!

With the news that Sony will distribute the new James Bond movie, the filmmakers behind the long, long, long delayed The Cabin in the Woods have poked a bit of fun at the MGM debacle.

The Twitter account was updated with the below image that teases the "new" release date, while a Facebook campaign was set up to help get the film distribution. The campaign was prefaced with the following message on the film's official website:

"OOPS, YOU CAN'T ENTER THE CABIN!

UNFORTUNATELY, WHILE JOSS WHEDON AND DREW GODDARD WENT AND MADE YOU -- YES, YOU! -- A HORROR MOVIE AT MGM, THAT STUDIO THEN WENT THROUGH A MAJOR FINANCIAL REORGANIZATION, AND THE CABIN IN THE WOODS REMAINS SHELVED UNTIL AND UNLESS SOMEONE PICKS UP THE RIGHTS TO DISTRIBUTE IT.

"BUT I WANT TO ENTER THE CABIN!"

THEN CLICK THE ABOVE LINK TO VISIT THE FACEBOOK CAMPAIGN AND "LIKE" THE IDEA THAT SOMEONE SHOULD RELEASE THE FILM. JOSS AND DREW MADE US A MOVIE! WE'VE WAITED LONG ENOUGH."

Directed by Drew Goddard, the "high concept" creature feature stars Chris Hemsworth, Richard Jenkins, Bradley Whitford, Kristen Connolly, Anna Hutchison, Fran Kranz, Jesse Williams, and Brian White. Much like Cloverfield, which Goddard scripted, the Cabin story line provides a new twist on a classic scenario -- in this case the young-people-stranded-in-the-woods horror trope.

https://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/24178

Last edited:
Back