The Cabin in the Woods

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has been getting great reviews on rottentomatoes. Regardless, I was going to see this anyway since it is by Joss. I have been completely spoiler-free so far and want to see it before someone spoils it for me.

I still thought this looks awful. Truman Show meets Cube from the sound of it.

But I'm positive of it now based off the commercials they are airing here around me, they are the same as the Paranormal Activity commericals where they have audiences of 40 year old women or 13 year old kids saying how awesome and scary it was, followed by footage of them watching it in the theatre and jumping and screaming. Not one of them looks like they have ever seen a single horror movie before, they look like the Twilight crowd.

Pretty much as clear an indication as I need.

what.jpg

Last edited:
Dude, this movie has every single logical thing you want in a horror movie.

I ____ you not. Every. Single. Thing.

I could name it. But that would ruin it.

But I'm positive of it now based off the commercials they are airing here around me, they are the same as the Paranormal Activity commericals where they have audiences of 40 year old women or 13 year old kids saying how awesome and scary it was, followed by footage of them watching it in the theatre and jumping and screaming. Not one of them looks like they have ever seen a single horror movie before, they look like the Twilight crowd.

what.jpg

Sure, if you want to let young teens ruin a chance at seeing a brilliant film, it's your loss.

what.jpg

That's a very dumb way to decide if a movie is good or not.

Maybe but the only other films I've seen advertised in this manner were Paranormal Activity which was garbage that everyone said was new and innovative and scary, and the similar alien abduction movie or whatever it was with Milla Jovovich. Oh, and Grown-Ups, and Jack and Jill and Zookeeper. It doesn't exactly inspire confidence, I'll see it when it hits HBO if it's still getting acclaim then.

Seriosuly dude? I know you are saying the marketing strategies are similar but surely you can't think the outcome of Cabin In The Woods will be anything like Zookeeper, Grown-ups and Jack and Jill.

Not seen any of them but I can tell they suck ass! I can't wait to see Cabin In The Woods.

Maybe but the only other films I've seen advertised in this manner were Paranormal Activity which was garbage that everyone said was new and innovative and scary, and the similar alien abduction movie or whatever it was with Milla Jovovich. Oh, and Grown-Ups, and Jack and Jill and Zookeeper. It doesn't exactly inspire confidence, I'll see it when it hits HBO if it's still getting acclaim then.

Because a stupid marketing stunt automatically means the movie sucks as well.

Loved it !. Thought it was brilliant. 8/10.
Took it further than I was expecting and did it well.

Massive spoilers here.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Deckard I can understand where you're coming from but this is nothing like those movies. Still it's an odd one , might not be everyone's cup of tea and when people are saying it's out there they mean it. :lol

Loved it !. Thought it was brilliant. 8/10.
Took it further than I was expecting and did it well.

Massive spoilers here.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Seriosuly dude? I know you are saying the marketing strategies are similar but surely you can't think the outcome of Cabin In The Woods will be anything like Zookeeper, Grown-ups and Jack and Jill.

Paranormal Activity was getting great reviews and I thought it was pretty awful so who knows. Grown Ups is getting a sequel. :slap I hope this isn't as bad as the aforementioned but the fact that they feel the need to advertise it in this same way is bothersome and feels a bit desperate, I haven't seen good movies doing this so it would be a first.

I also keep hearing how original it is followed immediately by it's x movie meets x movie, which doesn't exactly sound original.

I know a couple douches on this board that have The Thing in their avatar & sig just as you do ... so I guess that means you must be a ****** too. ... :dunno

Going to see this in a few hours i cant wait, hearing great things about this movie

This movie has got everything one could want in a horror film, and then some. It's got the classic pieces that make people scream out, "Oh come on! Even a blind person would know not to go in there!" And then it has pieces that turn your mind upside down and have you saying, "Holy s#*%!"

Anyone who decides to not see it for whatever lame reasons... you're missing out, and I feel sorry for your sad, Joss-less life.

I cannot wait to see it again. And again. And again.

On a side note, for those of you who HAVE seen it... I know it's completely unrealistic to do, but:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

:exactly:
Spoiler Spoiler:

If the last half of the movie didnt happen...yes. But after that? :lol

I got my fill. :D

But I loved that concept.

If the last half of the movie didnt happen...yes. But after that? :lol

I got my fill. :D

But I loved that concept.

Yeah, that's kind of what I'm saying. For example:
Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm not the genius writer that Joss is, so my plotlines are simplified and sucky. But, that's the general concept.

Back