The Cabin in the Woods

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everything was leading up to the ending.

Plus, if you throw in the symbolism of either idea (The audience are the gods, disappointed with the ritual(movie) get pissy and destroy the world (the movie), or the fact that horror movies need to change ect.)

I've seen enough Whedon to know his style. I expected it. He is always going to bring his own personal touch to his projects. It's what a good filmmaker does.

its what writers do aswell. The best works have been from the arthours perspective of things and the life lessons he/she learned.

Last edited:
I never knew Arthur went through some really ****ed up ****. :(

190px-Arthur_Read.svg.png

Just got round to seeing this film.

I'm not much of a horror fan as they don't tend to affect me much, and the most recent "horror" I enjoyed was Tucker and Dale VS Evil. However, I really liked this. The way it was able deconstruct the codes and conventions of Horror, and how the causal viewer sees the Horror genre in front of us was brilliant as they still made it out to be a serious film.

And I love it when the ending turns out to be different. It's a nice rarity when the good guys don't win.

There are rumors of a Resident Evil house this year as well. (They already had Resident Evil in Universal Japan so it might happen now)

Back