The Cabin in the Woods

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I took razor head for being pinhead. I also think Myers was based into the masked Strangers type characters.

In the article that was posted on the previous page it said that kevin was supposed to be a seemingly nice best buy employee but he's a murderer

he was never in the movie, a lot of scenes that were cut will be on the bluray theres also a lot more characters that we never saw.

Thanks for the link. I just bought the Visual Companion so that I could read through it and take my time with it all. I usually like to get Whedon's books because he offers so much insight into his work. Sometimes you miss things, and then you read what he was trying to get at and you're like...whoa.

Saw it, liked it a lot.loved the ending. Will buy the Blu Ray.

5/10 at best unless you are in the Joss can do no wrong camp.

Hmmm. I haven't liked over 90% of the stuff that dude has made in his entire career. None of his tv shows (NONE) and the majority of movies he's made/written. Still interested in seeing this but tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if it was 'meh' like most of his other work to me.

..garbage.

I came out of semi retirement to say that.
Any movie which relies on a bad actor doing really juvenile stoner jokes should have tried a lot harder.

Most of the audience I saw it with at the Archlight were left dumbfounded by it's silliness. The other half laughed like clowns every time pot was mentioned.

Hand your "Exorcist 3" "Fog" and "The Haunting - Original Version" tickets at the door.

Stupid silly teenage rubbish.

IMO.

..garbage.

Any movie which relies on a bad actor doing really juvenile stoner jokes should have tried a lot harder.

Most of the audience I saw it with at the Archlight were left dumbfounded by it's silliness. The other half laughed like clowns every time pot was mentioned.

Hand your "Exorcist 3" "Fog" and "The Haunting - Original Version" tickets at the door.

Stupid silly teenage rubbish.

IMO.

Ouch. Tell us how you really feel. :lol

..garbage.

Stupid silly teenage rubbish

IMO.

You are correct! This movie sucks. :nana:

I like this film because of it's self reflective nature and it's pretty much a thesis film on the current state of horror films.

This film itself is not a horror film. It breaks down like this.

The kids in the cabin are the films we're used to seeing.

The guys in the control room are the film makers that make said film.

The gods are the "Watchers" or really, us the audience, and we demand to be satisfied.

And the Zombies. that was a clear choice in my eyes as they are making fun of the current craze of zombie movies and their popularity and the fact they made them dumb red neck hick zombies is a pretty clear jab they think the zombies need to go away and they have just become a dead horse the industry will not stop beating.

The film makers have to make the kids dumb to satisfy our thirst for blood and carnage. If we the people don't get that we walk of the film feeling cheated, much like the gods do at the end of this film and rage against those that did not satisfy their thirst for blood. This film is designed to anger those that don't care to watch a film that is a thesis on horror films and made to rewards those that want to watch what these film makers think of the film makers that make "horror" films. Love it or hate it, it's a cleaver little film. I may not watch it again but I really like this approach to the film and thought it was worth a watch.

Sucks... No...

Over praised... YES!

Exactly.

And these people who keep trying to explain the movie like the fact they understood it was some amazing feet, it's a pretty simple straight forward film, let me assure you those of us who don't like aren't confused, you'd have to be special needs. In fact it's that I do get it which is why I dislike it a bit.

The fact that Whedon simply stole a bunch of horror films and cobbled them togeather into the Truman show which he wrote in 2 days is not impressive, and the fact that people are calling that original and innovative is completely retarded and my main problem with this. His fans are just like the Avatards who thought that was original and the biggest emotional eye opening experiance they ever had thanks to Sci-Fi. Theres nothing wrong with a movie like this or Avatar making money, theres everything wrong with misplaced critical praise of originality. This is no Evil Dead, No Ghostbusters, not even close.

Back