The Cabin in the Woods

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any movie that you can still take seriously and love with a unicorn prancing in it, kicks ass! OH YEAH!

It's no spoiler. It's so what the ____, that people will be puzzled... Oh snap! A unicorn? Man, this movie is all kinds of awesome.

I would like to wrap myself in it like a big blanket and be smoked like a big stogie!

I have never understood why people continue to hang around in a thread to keep saying how much they like it. Once you've come in, said your piece, why not move on? Let the people who didn't liked it and want to continue to talk about it be the only ones who stick around.

Well played sir, but unlike you, some people don't get that there are two sides of the coin. If one can go on about how great something is, why can't someone explain their dissatisfaction of a film? Funny logic. But yes, constant negative banter is a bit tiring to read vs. positive canter. So I can see your perspective, but also see BuffyGirl's. I think people deserve to have an opinion of the film, good or bad. But I said my piece about loving this movie! It is phenomenal. I have nothing left to offer this thread, but one question. Was there anything that went on during or after the credits? I left right away, so I am curious if I jumped ship a wee bit early. Either way, I'll be getting a second serving of this as my mother is a huge Joss Whedon fan. I got her pumped up, so I definitely should take her, and maybe even the girlfriend for a second go-around.

Well played sir, but unlike you, some people don't get that there are two sides of the coin. If one can go on about how great something is, why can't someone explain their dissatisfaction of a film? Funny logic. But yes, constant negative banter is a bit tiring to read vs. positive canter. So I can see your perspective, but also see BuffyGirl's. I think people deserve to have an opinion of the film, good or bad. But I said my piece about loving this movie! It is phenomenal. I have nothing left to offer this thread, but one question. Was there anything that went on during or after the credits? I left right away, so I am curious if I jumped ship a wee bit early. Either way, I'll be getting a second serving of this as my mother is a huge Joss Whedon fan. I got her pumped up, so I definitely should take her, and maybe even the girlfriend for a second go-around.

This post deserves a STFU Eli. Sorry my friend. :lol

Saw The Cabin in the Woods this afternoon. I won't go spoil anything or go into detail but I really enjoyed it. Had plenty of laughs, gore and was just a fun movie. Definitely one of the better horror movie I've seen in recent years.

STFU Eli.

And for the record I didn't dislike the movie. I just found it average and not as clever as people are claiming it is because this Weedon guy wrote it.

For a comparable movie, the first Scream was far better.

STFU Eli.

And for the record I didn't dislike the movie. I just found it average and not as clever as people are claiming it is because this Weedon guy wrote it.

For a comparable movie, the first Scream was far better.

You first mother hen! I know you didn't. You just wanted to be an ass. I got your post. Trust me. Again, I thought your post was well played. I love the movie so much I got a wee bit carried away. I still have more gears to go... mmmmhmmm.

It was good. Nothing great but VERY interesting. Last half got insane and was super fun.

Just imagine if they had the rights to use icons!!! Man.

Yeah, the movie was pretty good. It was just very entertaining to watch, it got really good for me after they get in the elevator. Quick question though:

Spoiler Spoiler:

just saw it, great movie. It's pretty rare nowdays when you go into a movie not know exactly what to expect, and it keeps you guessing towards the end, AND gives you a very satisfying finale finish. This is one of those movies.

When the movie started, people were checking their phones, talking etc.. everyone expected it to be a run of the mill slasher movie with some sci fi throw in, by the end when the credit rolled the theater was dead silent, i never seen this movie theater (in a mall with lots of teens) so quiet..ever. Then like a delayed response, everyone clapped and cheered lol.

It was great, love the movie. And makes me even more excited about the upcoming avengers.

Last edited:
Yeah, the movie was pretty good. It was just very entertaining to watch, it got really good for me after they get in the elevator. Quick question though:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Nah, I got. Like I said, I just wish they had expand on the monsters and how they were collected. That would have been fun to watch.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Too funny! :rotfl

Oh, also
Spoiler Spoiler:

imagine if they had Myers, Jason Freddy, Pinhead Every horror icon in there jajaja that be sick. For a sec I thought the clown was pennywise.

cool, i am still smiling about this movie so glad i saw it tonight. Does anyone know who those 2 guys with the white mask are? Are they famous monsters?

They are supposed to be from the movie the strangers, looked at that article Celtic was cool to find out what kevin was. I had a feeling thats who it was lol

How was the theater when you went? Was there a lot of laughing, etc? The first time we went was full of Whedon fans, as I mentioned, so there was a lot of laughing. It was because they completely understood his writing. The second time we went, half of the theater laughed and the other half screamed.

Never thought about that. Whedon fans getting inside jokes other people don't. I wondered why some people laughed during certain scenes. Some horror fans maybe since he also pays homage to other films but good observation.

Back