The Bridge Direct's The Hobbit Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you sure? I am in Australia as well and am looking forward to wave 2 figures for the 3.75 inch line. This is really unfortunate news. Will there be sold in New Zealand?

Yeah mate, it's confirmed based on the reply. I'm disappointed as I really want to collect the figures :(. They didn't explicitly say though that they won't be selling them anymore. They said "at this stage". They probably still have the licence to distribute. I'm guessing the AUJ figures didn't sell very well; I still see some pieces at my local Big W and Toys R Us store. I'm not sure about NZ. They probably have a different distributor there.

10451666806_3eda750049_b.jpg

Yeah mate, it's confirmed based on the reply. I'm disappointed as I really want to collect the figures :(. They didn't explicitly say though that they won't be selling them anymore. They said "at this stage". They probably still have the licence to distribute. I'm guessing the AUJ figures didn't sell very well; I still see some pieces at my local Big W and Toys R Us store. I'm not sure about NZ. They probably have a different distributor there.

10451666806_3eda750049_b.jpg

Thanks Mate for the info. Looks like we both have to purchase these from overseas. You are right. I still see the wave 1 figures in Big W and Toys R Us. Must be the poor sales. This really sucks after a whole 1 year waiting in anticipation.

Yeah that stinks pretty bad.

I pre-oredered everything when bbts put it up for pre-order and got dealt the crushing blow when they canceled them all but on the bright side I was told at the time everything was still coming out they would just be exclusive to Toys R Us and now its down to just two 6" figures and one 3.75" figure (burried in a 5 pack).

Hopefully the second movie brings enough intrest to get a lot of the old product off the shelves and maybe just maybe kick the rest of the line into production.

I got a Radagast this week to review. He looks pretty cool but I am bummed that the wave isn't as big as wave 1.

Mine arrived today. I gave up on my Toys R Us so I bit the bullet and ordered them through WBshop.

Radagast is better than I thought he would be. My kids new exactly who he was even if the likeness is a little soft. Azog looks just like the SDCC exclusive minus the extras. I haven't opened him yet to confirm it.

I'm tempted to get Radagast. The sculpt looks good, but he needs a repaint badly. So much detail missing.

Thought i'd bump this thread up so collectors can vent their frustration for a toyline that did'nt deliver for us. So many great characters in the Hobbit trilogy, and this company could'nt complete the core ones !! I would have to assume that nothing more will come from TBD. Very disappointed :monkey2

I finally got the 3.75'' Radagast and Azog today. I managed to get a decent-ish deal on them. Shame they never made it to the US, at least.

I finally got the 3.75'' Radagast and Azog today. I managed to get a decent-ish deal on them. Shame they never made it to the US, at least.

How did you manage this. Did you buy the prototypes or something. I have searched the web for other 3.75 hobbit figures and this has proved fruitless?
Which country was able to produce and sell them?

I've been done with The Bridge for a while. Now it's Asmus turn to make figures for an amazing trilogy.

How did you manage this. Did you buy the prototypes or something. I have searched the web for other 3.75 hobbit figures and this has proved fruitless?
Which country was able to produce and sell them?

They were available in the UK when Desolation came out. Getting harder and harder to find, though.

They were available in the UK when Desolation came out. Getting harder and harder to find, though.

Thanks, will have to look into it. I never understood why some of the figures were exclusive to UK, USA or Australia. Makes it hard for collectors to get them and in the end, pay more for them because of their rarity + international shipping costs.

Oh well... We do it to ourselves i guess!

Back