The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I recall from Sleeping Beauty, curtains were one of the options. Others matched the scenary in theme, and worked pretty well.

Maybe they should display curtains on the sides. I still remember the day the theaters had curtains that opened up when the movie started. Damn, I feel old sometimes. :lol

That's not a bad idea actually. The only problem I can think of is burn-in on plasmas. DisneyView has the bar images changing from time to time to prevent that.

Perhaps the curtain could be kind of rippling or flowing ever so slightly...

As I recall from Sleeping Beauty, curtains were one of the options. Others matched the scenary in theme, and worked pretty well.

Interesting...

One of my local cinemas still has the curtains and whatnot. Half time interval aswell. Thought I'd share that snippet of pointless information with you guys.

That's not a bad idea actually. The only problem I can think of is burn-in on plasmas. DisneyView has the bar images changing from time to time to prevent that.

Perhaps the curtain could be kind of rippling or flowing ever so slightly...

Interesting...

This has been discussed at length in other threads. The burn-in on plasmas is over exaggerated and it wouldn't happen during the length of this movie.

Yeah, you have to spend $2500 in one calendar year.

Actually, you have to have a Best Buy Reward Zone Mastercard and spend $2500 on that card. It's not that hard to do. You can use the credit card anywhere. I only need a couple hundred more before Feb to qualify for another year. If ever I'm afraid I'm not going to make it, I just use that card exclusively. Use if for Sideshow and it adds up quick!

By using this card you also get rewardzone points quicker than with their regular rewardzone program. It's totally worth it.

Actually, you have to have a Best Buy Reward Zone Mastercard and spend $2500 on that card. It's not that hard to do. You can use the credit card anywhere. I only need a couple hundred more before Feb to qualify for another year. If ever I'm afraid I'm not going to make it, I just use that card exclusively. Use if for Sideshow and it adds up quick!

By using this card you also get rewardzone points quicker than with their regular rewardzone program. It's totally worth it.

I don't have their Mastercard, but yet I am still a Silver Member. :wink1:
Yeah, I just spend too much at Best Buy. :lol

I don't have their Mastercard, but yet I am still a Silver Member. :wink1:
Yeah, I just spend too much at Best Buy. :lol

Huh, when I was looking for info about it, it only mentions it with the mastercard. Since you spend so much there, I'd look into it because you get more reward points per dollar so you'd get more reward certificates.

I'll be spending about $100 there tomorrow.:)

Huh, when I was looking for info about it, it only mentions it with the mastercard. Since you spend so much there, I'd look into it because you get more reward points per dollar so you'd get more reward certificates.

I'll be spending about $100 there tomorrow.:)

Yeah I know, hehe. I just have too many credit cards so I don't need another one. My AMEX is fine :lol

Here's the link saying that you really don't need the Mastercard, but like you said it does help. :exactly:
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/premier/offerDetails.jspx?offerCode=2863

Premier Silver: how to get there

Simply spend $2500 in a calendar year at Best Buy® or BestBuy.com® or spend $2500 anywhere with the Reward Zone® program MasterCard® to qualify for Premier Silver status.*

This has been discussed at length in other threads. The burn-in on plasmas is over exaggerated and it wouldn't happen during the length of this movie.

I own a plasma and I know this. I've left my TiVo paused for over 5 hours on accident and no burn in. Incidentally, regular black bars are more likely to cause image retention than static curtains would.

However, I would think the fear of burn in would motivate the manufacturer to put something in the sidebars that changes from time to time. They don't want to be blamed for causing image retention.

Yeah, you have to spend $2500 in one calendar year.

:thud:

That's like 2 weeks worth of dvds for some of the guys in here. :lol

:exactly:

Not sure how I feel about "DisneyView" yet.

It didn't bother me on Snow White.

Maybe they should display curtains on the sides. I still remember the day the theaters had curtains that opened up when the movie started. Damn, I feel old sometimes. :lol

This is how snow white was I thought.

Man I may have to see if Weenie is hitting Wal-Mart for the hunt on Black Friday ! (or pray Amazon matches)

Angels & Demons (Blu-Ray) - $5.00
Armored (Blu-Ray) - $5.00
Batman Begins (Blu-Ray) - $5.00
Fight Club (Blu-Ray) - $10.00
Get Him To The Greek (Blu-Ray) - $10.00
Gran Torino (Blu-Ray) - $5.00
Hot Tub Time Machine Unrated (Blu-Ray) - $10.00
Ice Age (Blu-Ray) - $5.00
Invictus (Blu-Ray) - $10.00
Legion (Blu-Ray) - $5.00
Live Free or Die Hard (Blu-Ray) - $5.00
Lord Of The Rings The Fellowship Of The Ring (Blu-Ray) - $10.00