The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From Blu-ray.com:
JP Jeunet Disowns Alien Resurrection Blu-ray Transfer

French filmmaker Jean-Pierre Jeunet, director of Alien Resurrection, has revealed on his personal blog that, unlike Ridley Scott for Alien and James Cameron for Aliens, he wasn't invited to supervise the remastering of his movie, included in the Alien Anthology Blu-ray. Jeunet has said that the BD of the fourth Alien installment has the picture quality of "a very mediocre DVD."

Jeunet sarcastically cites the tagline for the new box set: "On Blu-ray, everybody will hear you scream" only to add: "They got that right - scream with rage!"

On the other hand, Jeunet did supervise the remaster for the Blu-ray release of his first film, Delicatessen. He said that most of the sequences have been "de-grained," removing almost all the grain. He explains that there is some grain left "on some shots filmed on 400 ASA stock, and that would become too soft if we de-grained them more. The colors are like we had always wanted, and the result is, albeit imperfect, amazing if we compare it with what we were working from."

I agree, I haven't see the Alien Resurrection BLu-ray yet. For me, it's all about Alien, Alien Director's Cut, Aliens, and Aliens Special Edition. :yess:

I haven't watched it yet, but I haven't heard of any reviewers complaining about it. Sounds like Jeunet being petty because he wasn't involved.

Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment has announced that will release Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (Kaze no tani no Naushika; Hayao Miyazaki, 1984) on Blu-ray on March 8, 2011, on a BD/DVD combo pack. This would be the first Blu-ray release of a catalog title from the famous Studio Ghibli in the US (the 2008 production Ponyo was released earlier this year).

Special features include:
The World of Ghibli: Visit Nausicaa's world in this enchanted interactive experience
Behind the Studio: Discover the film's origins in this documentary, including an interview with Hayao Miyazaki
Enter the Lands: Explore the many worlds of Studio Ghibli
Studio Ghibli Trivia Challenge
Original Japanese Storyboards
Behind the Microphone: with A-list voice talent (on the DVD)
The Birth Story of Studio Ghibli (on the DVD)
Original TV trailers (on the DVD)

I hope this means more will follow soon :pray:

$5 off Disney BD over $16.99 coupon in Target ad. :wave

That is a great deal for people that don't have Beauty and the Beast yet. Disney Movie Rewards activated the $10 coupon again so you could save $15 (Target coupon + 1 manufacturer coupon) on it! :rock

https://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/promotions/special-offers/batb-coupon

For those of you that don't have the Target ad, here is the online one to print out the coupon. Just click on the Electronics section:
https://coupons.target.com/mcp/pd.c...Eufz78vi+Py5XrQcP/jPaVHU/IE1V/SRgUKrIy+WSQ==#

I agree, I haven't see the Alien Resurrection BLu-ray yet. For me, it's all about Alien, Alien Director's Cut, Aliens, and Aliens Special Edition. :yess:

Agreed.

I have to say, after watching them I think Alien looked a lot better than Aliens. Neither has ever looked better !

I will still watch the other two. My son needs to know the history did not begin with AvP.

Amazon.com has started their Black Friday sales. The Lord of the Rings Blu-ray movies are $7.99 each if anyone is interested. :)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003TT2X6I?tag=bluray-032-20

I still refuse to double dip !!!!!!!

Here is the full list:

Blu-rays

$7.99 Blu-rays:

* Watchmen
* Lord of the Rings. Thanks tintin_snowy [Discuss]
o LTR I
o LTR II
o LTR III
* The Departed
* V for Vendetta