The Avengers VS The Dark Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is the better movie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only movies from Marvel and Nolan's Batman trilogy that are comparable, are Batman Begins and Iron Man, because when the first Iron Man came out it seemed grounded in reality as close as a film like that could be.

LOL I know I was like
homer-bush.gif

:lol :lol :lol

had this discussion with a few co workers the other day we talked about whats a better movie i personality feel like the dark knight is better avengers is a awesome movie but dark knights story and their cast is better

Just saw Avengers last night. Dark Knight was superior IMO. Comparison is a bit hard because the nature of the movies, stories, and characters were so different, but Dark Knight felt like a more fulfilling movie-going experience. It was as if, this is just about the best you can do with a movie Batman. But with the Avengers guys, I think there is room for improvement, even though I really enjoyed the film.

The only movies from Marvel and Nolan's Batman trilogy that are comparable, are Batman Begins and Iron Man, because when the first Iron Man came out it seemed grounded in reality as close as a film like that could be.

Good point! I loved your Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy vs Bond analogy. It's perfect. Both are spy movies but clearly setting out to create completely different styles of film. Just like Nolan's Batman films and the Marvel Universe movies are doing.

i liked the avengers.kept entertained.it was an alsome ride.
the hulk rocked.. kicked butt !!!!!!!i held my blatter because i didn't want to miss anything..
batman begins put me to sleep..the dark knight was good..not great.became overrated in my opinion..
also how many times have we had Batman on the Big screen already..
Avengers nailed it on the first GO...

i liked the avengers.kept entertained.it was an alsome ride.
the hulk rocked.. kicked butt !!!!!!!i held my blatter because i didn't want to miss anything..
batman begins put me to sleep..the dark knight was good..not great.became overrated in my opinion..
also how many times have we had Batman on the Big screen already..
Avengers nailed it on the first GO...

To resume, nothing with a serious story line or it puts you to sleep. Gotchya....:lol

Yeah, Avengers is definitely the superior film.

Sure, the Batman movies are realistic and serious..but they aren't entertaining whatsoever.

And I love serious, more realistic movies. Fincher's TGWTDT for example. I loved that movie. It was..amazing. It didn't put me to sleep. Didn't bore me. It was very well made.

It seems like that is all the Batman movies have going for them. And everyone chooses to like them because they think they're so deep..so complex..so dark... :rolleyes:

Sure, the Batman movies are realistic and serious..but they aren't entertaining whatsoever.

I wanted to counter this with box office numbers and then realized "Avatar" made more than TDK and I don't think that movie is entertaining whatsoever either. So to each his/her own.

I personally love Nolan's movies. All of them, not just Batman. Not just because they are serious and grounded in some fantastic sense of realism, but because most of all they are entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back