The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread- Open SPOILERS -enter at own risk!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread

Good to know. Thanks.

We were going to go to see it at Swiss Cottage but we decided that the cost of the train fares isn't worth it. IMAX at waterloo is definitely impressive. Shame its not digital. The Crawley IMAX is a pretty impressive size and it was definitely good enough. Shame the 3D was so weak. Probably some of the most pointless 3D I've seen actually. Will see it again 2D for sure.

I'm actually VERY GLAD the Waterloo Imax is not digital.

TDKR will not be showing at Digital IMAX screens. Film is king. :lecture

Yeah good decision not to trek to Swiss Cottage it seems!

Just got back from seeing the film now. I could go on and on about how good is was but I'll use just the one word: WOW! :clap

OK maybe three words: Hulk smashed it!:rock

Going to have to agree. I loved Thor. LOVED. I liked Iron Man a lot. I did not care for Captain America and was quite bored through the whole thing. IM2 for me was only good when Black Widow was on the screen. The Incredible Hulk was okay.

Wow. Amazing others think the same thing as me. I thought I was the only one thinking Cap was overrated and that Thor was better than Iron Man. Hulk was good, nothing amazing, but a fun immediate followup to Iron Man.

Wow. Amazing others think the same thing as me. I thought I was the only one thinking Cap was overrated and that Thor was better than Iron Man. Hulk was good, nothing amazing, but a fun immediate followup to Iron Man.

I completely agree too

But Avengers is far better than Thor IMO

Just came back from cinema. This is definitely my favourite movie now. Enjoyed every moment and every character, but mostly Iron Man! I think every marvel fan will love it.

Just came back from cinema. This is definitely my favourite movie now. Enjoyed every moment and every character, but mostly Iron Man! I think every marvel fan will love it.

There was a right mix of people at my showing and the atmosphere was amazing. I've never been in a screening like that before. It was incredible.

Great opinion, gotta give you that.
You´re right with Loki...absolutely...but it doesn´t weigh in on me much...almost zero...so...

I have the feeling that a full movie with Ruffalo With the Leader as the villain, or something like that woulödn´t work...so...building him as the party gag in there...was great...I loved what he did...every second of that.

With that said...I need help.

I just sat 1hrs behind my signature and the board won´t accept it...it´s a beautifully cut out PNG and it doesn´t work.
Any ideas?!
:monkey2

thanks for the kind words, endo. :)

to be honest, i was a little disappointed that the norton hulk never got a sequel cos i would've loved to have seen a hulk vs leader showdown. but ruffalo's banner/hulk is now to me THE definitive movie hulk. i like bana's version and the norton pic was quite watchable but whedon and ruffalo really knocked this depiction of banner/hulk outta the park. it's awesome! (as you already know)...

btw, your sig looks just fine. :rock

I read a few months back that the film would be shown through Captain America's perspective and I'll be honest I didn't really see that working not when RDJ has established himself the way he has as Ironman but having now seen the film I gotta say I did really enjoy Evans performance as Captain America (I didn't think the Captain America film itself was anything all that special)

I was also glad the Black Widow character got as much screen time as it did, I've read a lot over the last couple of days that people felt she didn't offer anything to the film and was just there for eye candy and yet I felt she saw more action than Thor did!

RDJ obviously did his thing and in parts showed a different side to the Tony Stark character a side I'm looking forward to seeing more of in IM3, Hulk obviously got the biggest laughs most notably the bit with Loki and then with Thor & Hawkeye was very much a secondary character in the whole thing but that's not that big a deal imo.

I do have the feeling now though that Thor was treated a little as a secondary character as well, just appearing out of nowhere with no real explanation as to how he got back to earth with the bifrost broke, no real explanation as to how he knew Loki was on earth either or how he knew about the cosmic cube (I have to call it that as I cant remember specifically what they called it in the film, not specifically enough to try spelling it anyway) so I'm very much looking forward to Thor 2 as well.

Glad there's going to be a sequel and that Ironman 3, Thor 2 & Captain America 2 will all build towards it because that's what's made all the prior films so must see, knowing that they all fit in with one another and were building towards something much bigger and with Thanos involved I'm sure Avengers 2 is going to be even more epic. Cant wait for Ironman 3 now to see where the story goes next......

I do have the feeling now though that Thor was treated a little as a secondary character as well, just appearing out of nowhere with no real explanation as to how he got back to earth with the bifrost broke, no real explanation as to how he knew Loki was on earth either or how he knew about the cosmic cube (I have to call it that as I cant remember specifically what they called it in the film, not specifically enough to try spelling it anyway) so I'm very much looking forward to Thor 2 as well.

actually, they did explain how thor managed to make it to earth.

in his first confrontation with loki, there was a line that went something like
Spoiler Spoiler:

and the cosmic cube is called the tesseract here...

Just back from it an loved it!, surprised how much action we got to see from each of the characters especially Ironman, hell we had waaaay more action from him in this then we did from him in IM2.

actually, they did explain how thor managed to make it to earth.

in his first confrontation with loki, there was a line that went something like
Spoiler Spoiler:

I know that but what is this dark energy? How did Odin summon it? None of this was addressed in Thor so how was it meant to make any sense in this film? In fact at the end of Thor it was left very loosely as to whether they'd even be able to get back to earth without the bifrost, It's like we've missed a chapter. Maybe Thor 2 will actually be set directly after the last film and before the Avengers just to fill in some blanks....

Well Thor was cast out to Earth by Odin in the original. Can't remember if the bridge was used or not. But I'm guessing Thor 2 will explain it better.

Awesome !!! OMG best superhero movie ever created.. Hulk smasshhhhhhh

They've already said this will be explained in Thor 2 which is why it really wasn't embellished on in Avengers.

I know that but what is this dark energy? How did Odin summon it? None of this was addressed in Thor so how was it meant to make any sense in this film? In fact at the end of Thor it was left very loosely as to whether they'd even be able to get back to earth without the bifrost, It's like we've missed a chapter. Maybe Thor 2 will actually be set directly after the last film and before the Avengers just to fill in some blanks....

I was afraid this would happen. The other characters were fairly well set up for The Avengers after their respective films, but Thor left too much unresolved in terms of how/if he would be able to return to earth and keep his promise to reunite with Jane. If he just shows up with no explanation, it will probably be my one disappointment with the movie.

Well Thor was cast out to Earth by Odin in the original. Can't remember if the bridge was used or not. But I'm guessing Thor 2 will explain it better.

Yes, the bridge was used. Odin had just brought them back from Jotunheim, and they had their confrontation immediately resulting in Thor's banishment right back through the Bifrost.

However, Loki made it clear in Thor that there were other ways of travel. I'm sure that since Loki was able to sneak some frost giants into the treasury, Odin has investigated the method that was used. So I guess I will leave it at that--the first movie set up the idea that you didn't necessarily need the Bifrost to travel to other worlds.

dude, i think you're supposed to use spoiler tags, but a little too late for that now.

anyway, i agree that thor's return to earth wasn't satisfactorily addressed. but in the bigger picture, i don't think it matters, they just wanted a quick throwaway line of exposition to justify his ability to travel even without the bifrost. personally though, i thought it would've made more sense if
Spoiler Spoiler:

Back