The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread- Open SPOILERS -enter at own risk!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread

Fantastic movie!!! So good I must watch it again at least twice.

There not much that I could add that others haven't so I will keep it short.

I was initially worried that this will be Ironman 3 with other superheros because the marketing seems to really feature Iron Man prominently. But I am glad that's not the case.

Joss Whedon is the perfect director for this. Everyone has very balanced screen time and development and you really feel for every single hero, even for Loki too. I am now a big fan of Hawkeye cause he is just so COOL!!!

The lines are classic Whedon, and the funny moments really come when you least expected it. The last act is just epic and a lot of iconic comic imaginary flashes in my mind.

I must however add that Captain America is portrayed so much better here than in the Captain America movie. For once he really fights like a super soldier showing off his tactical ability, agility, hand to hand combat, and reflexes. I always hated how he was portrayed in the First Avengers, where he seems to be 'floating' around instead of actually using any fighting skills.

I am however very shocked at the dead of a major character.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I totally did not see that coming. He is a favourite of mine and I will miss him.

Great movie!!! The Hulk basically stole the show for me :D

I couldn't stop looking at S.Jo's behind the whole time :yess:

Joss Whedon is the perfect director for this. Everyone has very balanced screen time and development and you really feel for every single hero, even for Loki too. I am now a big fan of Hawkeye cause he is just so COOL!!!

The lines are classic Whedon, and the funny moments really come when you least expected it. The last act is just epic and a lot of iconic comic imaginary flashes in my mind.

Indeed. They balanced each characters screentime perfectly.

The biggest funny moment (in regards to the audience laughing in the cinema although it wasn't a joke) was when
Spoiler Spoiler:

It was like; Yeah
Spoiler Spoiler:
just did that! :rock :rock :rock :rock

Just saw an ad for this on TV had no idea it was coming out this year. Oh well. Easy pass.

:lol

No, I took off the weekend for this. Looks awesome!

Now I just gotta schedule my 5 day vacation around TDKR. :lol

Awesome movie!

Got me in stitches and then they unraveled.

So they released this overseas already before the U.S.?

I thought an american film premieres in the U.S. first then overseas :dunno

Just saw an ad for this on TV had no idea it was coming out this year. Oh well. Easy pass.

:lol

No, I took off the weekend for this. Looks awesome!

Now I just gotta schedule my 5 day vacation around TDKR. :lol

3hrs to watch TDK only leaves you 4 days and 21hrs to cry about it being inferior to Avengers. Think 5 days will be enough? :huh

So they released this overseas already before the U.S.?

I thought an american film premieres in the U.S. first then overseas :dunno

Hey get over it, we get most of the premieres before you for the big tent poles, benefit of being 12 hours ahead normally but in this case it was a whole week....sucked in.:yess:

Judging from initial reactions, hulk really steals the show I this movie. To which makes me wonder....where the hell were these guys when the incredible hulk was released? Didn't that movie under perform at the BO which leads to future solo hulk movies an uncertainty? Even Kevin feige said no plans for another solo hulk movie, despite the HUGE positive reaction to hulk in this movie.

in answer to somebody's question a while back cap looks as big in this as tfa he looks boss, and is portrayed better than in tfa and the suit looks awesome. but just wait til you see what they did with Hulk it is amazing

I laughed my ass off when...

Spoiler Spoiler:

and

Spoiler Spoiler:

I saw this yesterday and thought it was awesome from start to finish! Humour and action was great. Easily the best of the marvel films for me...can't wait to see it again!:clap

Just seen the movie and was totally blown away. There were some spectacular fight sequences and I was laughing a lot throughout the movie. The Hulk in this film looked very good, much better than the one in TIH. All the characters had some defining moments and the last battle was amazing.

Indeed. They balanced each characters screentime perfectly.

The biggest funny moment (in regards to the audience laughing in the cinema although it wasn't a joke) was when
Spoiler Spoiler:

It was like; Yeah
Spoiler Spoiler:
just did that! :rock :rock :rock :rock

ceiling floor ceiling floor floor floor. lolz
Spoiler Spoiler:

ceiling floor ceiling floor floor floor. lolz
Spoiler Spoiler:

True that,

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back