The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread- Open SPOILERS -enter at own risk!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread

So they released this overseas already before the U.S.?

I thought an american film premieres in the U.S. first then overseas :dunno

Perhaps it's a strategy. Think of it this way, with the MASSIVELY positive buzz surrounding the international screenings, they stand to significantly increase US anticipation and as a result their opening weekend gross (as though it wasn't going to be huge already).

thanks for the kind words, endo. :)

to be honest, i was a little disappointed that the norton hulk never got a sequel cos i would've loved to have seen a hulk vs leader showdown. but ruffalo's banner/hulk is now to me THE definitive movie hulk. i like bana's version and the norton pic was quite watchable but whedon and ruffalo really knocked this depiction of banner/hulk outta the park. it's awesome! (as you already know)...

btw, your sig looks just fine. :rock

I loved the Norton Hulk too, but too bad that Marvel seems to kinda fail when it gets to contracts, know what I mean?!

I loved Rufallo as Banner/Hulk. He just played it as if he never played anything else. I was really sceptic at first, but this guy IS HULK!!!

To my sig: No, it isn't alright. It looks excellent full scale, but it's a PNG it's not supposed to have a white background, y'know?!

So you guys are saying that the hulk scenes blew away the Scene in the incredible hulk when he was fighting abomination ? That scene was awesome so if hulk is as brutal as that then I cant wait.

So you guys are saying that the hulk scenes blew away the Scene in the incredible hulk when he was fighting abomination ? That scene was awesome so if hulk is as brutal as that then I cant wait.

The best scene in that movie is when Tim Roth takes on Hulk for the first time after taking the super soldier serum and It's Roth that makes it awesome!:rock It all goes downhill when he becomes the Abomination.

I went into the film not being that bothered about seeing the Hulk, but after seeing the film, it's the Hulk that makes it for me. He was awesome!

The way he deals out pain and destruction is so effortless, it's a thing of beauty!

So they released this overseas already before the U.S.?

I thought an american film premieres in the U.S. first then overseas :dunno

Well you got to see Safe a week before the UK. That's a fair trade don't you think?

lmfao.gif

Actually I heard Safe is pretty good, so I might check it out.

I was avoiding all Avengers related threads, until I saw the movie. I saw the 3D version yesterday, & seriously, I don't know if the new Batman or Spiderman movie will top, or even be as good as this. A fun, action packed, superhero movie. Might make you want HT's figures that much more.

Edit: It's not out in the US? :lol How does that make sense?

Last edited:

Just got back from seeing this a third time! I can't get enough of this film. :rock :rock

I was avoiding all Avengers related threads, until I saw the movie. I saw the 3D version yesterday, & seriously, I don't know if the new Batman or Spiderman movie will top, or even be as good as this. A fun, action packed, superhero movie. Might make you want HT's figures that much more.

Edit: It's not out in the US? :lol How does that make sense?

In my opinion Spiderman and Batman should not be able to top this (even thought they're my favorite two heroes). If they were able to, it would be a slap in the face to Marvels "Ultimate" movie. This is their ultimate team project film, and if it fell to a movie with one superhero....that would be unbelievably ridiculous. Avengers gets the #1 spot regardless of how much it makes.

In my opinion Spiderman and Batman should not be able to top this (even thought they're my favorite two heroes). If they were able to, it would be a slap in the face to Marvels "Ultimate" movie. This is their ultimate team project film, and if it fell to a movie with one superhero....that would be unbelievably ridiculous. Avengers gets the #1 spot regardless of how much it makes.

So a movie with one superhero can't be better than one with half a dozen of them? What kind of logic is that :lol

A better movie can have 100 heroes or 1 hero, it doesn't matter, it just has to have a stronger story and or better acting

So a movie with one superhero can't be better than one with half a dozen of them? What kind of logic is that :lol

A better movie can have 100 heroes or 1 hero, it doesn't matter, it just has to have a stronger story and or better acting

Someones obsessed with Batman :ohbfrank:
I see you chose to leave out action, which also makes a Superhero movie not look like another regular Hollywood FBI movie. If Batman had 0% action with a solid story, acting and script, many wouldn't like it nearly as much and vice versa.
Apparently the acting doesn't suck in The Avengers, and They won't spend alot of time not being Superheroes also. The question is: How much Batman will be in Batman?

Last edited:

hum sorry but for me, The avengers is not a bad movie but not a good one too!

For me, tdk and begins are already better movie!:wave

Back