The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread- Open SPOILERS -enter at own risk!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread

scaled.php

Yay for the new Avengers footage... I hoipe it hits the net soon! :pray:

Booooo to Joephisto. :mad: :cuss

i so cant wait for the movie, wonder if hawkeye will wear some sort of costume, or if they're going to keep him in that military garb. also is it just me or does anyone else think the avengers cap outfit looks more like pj's ?

You know, I'd like to see skrulls in the movie. But I'm getting the feeling that the army Loki is referring to may be frost giants.

I am fairly certain that the info that has been made public makes it pretty clear that Loki's army is Skrulls.

I am fairly certain that the info that has been made public makes it pretty clear that Loki's army is Skrulls.

Definately not IG, will be the Skrull/Chitauri.

Even Loki's prison in the D23 footage is from the Ultimates if i'm not mistaken.

Definately not IG, will be the Skrull/Chitauri.

Even Loki's prison in the D23 footage is from the Ultimates if i'm not mistaken.

In the Ultimate Universe....aren't eh Chitauri and the Skrulls the same race ???

Exactly! Super pissed about them pulling their panel to just wait another month and present it at the Disney Turd Con 57 or whatever its called :cuckoo:

Thats what I told my Dad. Freaking lame. :mad:

I gotta say,

I love RDJ's public persona when with the fans and press. You can tell that it's an honor for him to portray TS/IM, he has so much fun with it! :rock :clap :rock
He does seem to enjoy himself. But I'm not sure what he really thinks of the geek fanbase here, or how much of an honor it is for him to actually be a geeky character like Iron Man. I saw him on Conan a few years ago, promoting something. Conan brought out one of the Iron Man toys, and RDJ made a knock against geeks who collect such things. It was funny in context, but showed a level of condescension. But then, I guess that is a big part of RDJ's public persona, being judgmental towards everyone. So, I guess I'm not sure he has a respect for the fan-base.

I hope you're right. But how does the information released make it "clear"? I thought all that was known is that Loki is in possession of the cube and is in control of an unidentified army. Maybe I missed something?

You want a guy who plays a superhero that understands and loves the geek fanbase, checkout the Andrew Garfield footage from SDCC. Even though he's an actor, I totally buy his appreciation for it.

For (Disney) movies (not collectibles) D23 > SDCC
Fixed. And therefore, for all non-Di$ney movies, coverage of all other pop culture and collectibles SDCC >>>> D23.

Exactly! Super pissed about them pulling their panel to just wait another month and present it at the Disney Turd Con 57 or whatever its called :cuckoo:

Thats what I told my Dad. Freaking lame. :mad:

And stuff like this is exactly why I've hated the idea of Disney owning Marvel since Day 1. Here we have them directly hoisting a big middle finger at the core fan base of this property (SDCC attendees) by sitting out the biggest all-media event of the year to save this stuff for their own in-house company masturbation gig. And Joe Quesada (who seems to get fatter by the day eating off the Disney hog) comes out and introduces the most anticipated Marvel film of all time wearing... a Mickey Mouse shirt? You gotta be ____ing kidding me. They're not even trying to appear genuine now. :lol

And this is just the beginning. Mark my words, Disney will ultimately dilute and ruin the integrity of Marvel. As a media conglomerate they are now a pervasive and negative force in our culture. Just look at how they've basically changed, dumbed-down and ruined modern sports via ESPN.

I don't know when it's ultimately going to happen, but they will turn their Marvel stuff into a Cleveland Steamer at some point. We should just enjoy the good times while they last... and prepare for much more screwings like this D23 vs SDCC thing.

Yeah, a private in house deal is what really sets me off any at all. Its snubbing your nose at the people who are going to spend a ton at the movies to see this.

In the Ultimate Universe....aren't eh Chitauri and the Skrulls the same race ???

No. The Chitauri were originally supposed to be the Skrulls of the Ultimates but as the universe progressed they introduced the Skrulls anyway. They are from the same system but different aliens. The Skrulls actually take offense to being confused for the Chitauri because they consider them terrorists. The thing is the Skrulls and Super Skrull specifically are huge FF villains so no one knows if Fox already has them locked up in their licensing under the FF umbrella. The Chitauri allow for Marvel to use the same basic principal without infringement if that is the case but to date no one has fully published what Fox and Sony actually have in terms of character stables just that Marvel Studio effectively added a clause that said whatever they didn't have they couldn't suddenly pull in.

No. The Chitauri were originally supposed to be the Skrulls of the Ultimates but as the universe progressed they introduced the Skrulls anyway. They are from the same system but different aliens. The Skrulls actually take offense to being confused for the Chitauri because they consider them terrorists. The thing is the Skrulls and Super Skrull specifically are huge FF villains so no one knows if Fox already has them locked up in their licensing under the FF umbrella. The Chitauri allow for Marvel to use the same basic principal without infringement if that is the case but to date no one has fully published what Fox and Sony actually have in terms of character stables just that Marvel Studio effectively added a clause that said whatever they didn't have they couldn't suddenly pull in.

I thought it was something like that....just couldn't remember the details (been some time since I read some Ultimate Universe stuff)

Fixed. And therefore, for all non-Di$ney movies, coverage of all other pop culture and collectibles SDCC >>>> D23.

You're 100% correct, I was just joking because of the freaking Avengers extended trailer showing up at the devils house. :lol

That being said, the word was already out a month before SDCC that SDCC was getting the snub by Marvel for their main event and then the rumor about D23 started soon after.

I don't think anyone is surprised this happened.

But unless everyone all of a sudden boycots everything Marvel, I don't think there's much we can do about it.

Who's not going to see the Avengers movie (or IM3 / Thor 2) because of what just happened at SDCC/D23, raise your hands?

Hmm, well...mine is still down, i'll be there at the midnight show.

Many at Marvel (executives etc) got plenty rich, wish I was one of them.

All I can hope for is that Disney infuses more money into the Marvel movie budgets and then lets Marvel make their movies.

Much more than that, I'm not going to become a hater or angry and miss out on a Disney financed Marvel movie just because of this incident.

And lets face it, it will be like this every year now with what just transpired between SDCC/D23 so plan your SDCC visits accordingly. If Marvel movies not by Sony/Fox are your main event, I guess D23 will be your new home. :dunno

Last edited:

I'll be curious to see if going forward if they start skipping comic-con or not. Hopefully it won't be an every year thing but if it is it is I guess since I go for many other reasons.

And this is just the beginning. Mark my words, Disney will ultimately dilute and ruin the integrity of Marvel.

Eh, Quesada already screwed up Marvel IMO. The only comic series I've picked up from the company in about 10 years was Planet Hulk. I was turned off to the direction of pretty much every other major series. Winter Soldier, Civil War, Spidey turning to Satan, etc. I dismiss it all.

No matter what Disney does from here on out I can die content with the Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, X:FC and first two Raimi Spidey flicks we've already gotten. Way more than I ever dared to dream we'd see in my lifetime.

Back