The Avengers or Man of Steel!!??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which do you prefer, The Avengers or Man of Steel?

• Total voters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfBgGIh8o_M

The scene implies it's the spear doing it.

That's my point it can't work both ways. If it does why even emphasize the touch to begin with. Personally I think they just wanted them to fight like that and used the staff as a plot device to make it happen even though it contradicted established logic. Again this is just my opinion, if u can reconcile the differences and it doesn't bother u fine, but it something I really dislike about the movie. Its just not fun to watch and feels tact on

It can work any way it wants too. It's MAGIC. There is no logic in Magic.

Nothing in the movie contradicts anything. No one says only Loki can control the spear, nor does it say Loki needs to hold it, to control it.

Nothing in the movie contradicts anything. No one says only Loki can control the spear, nor does it say Loki needs to hold it, to control it.

That's your opinion and your filling in blanks and contradictions in the plot by saying its magic it doesn't need to make sense. As I said before u can reconcile the differences that's fine but again I base things on what I see and how a movie holds true to its own established logic and world. That scene felt completely out of place too me in the movie. I don't need to know who has a bigger **** cap or IM and I definitely don't need to see them argue like kids on the playground.

If the spear can cause them to fight like that any time its in their pressence why the hell does this magic not work at the end on them?? Why do they keep fighting Loki and not fight each other?? If u can't see that as a contradiction then your love of this movie has blinded you to its flaws. Kind of like your hate of man of Steel has blinded u to any of its good qualities. Also i see why ypu bring up the death toll in man of steel when u don't actually see that many people die. Its because you like explaining things in movies that aren't even in the movie, kind of like how the staff works in avengers

Loki's point was that he was going to drive them to hate each other. But they figured that out pretty damn quick, and over came their differences, and fought WITH each other. That was the whole point to the ending.

Cap even explained it that Loki was going to try and do that.

Loki's point was that he was going to drive them to hate each other. But they figured that out pretty damn quick, and over came their differences, and fought WITH each other. That was the whole point to the ending.

Cap even explained it that Loki was going to try and do that.

OK now were getting somewhere. Yes it was part of lokis plan to get them to fight, however he knew he had to touch them to corrupt them so I am not sure how he knew they would just fight. I found his surrender plan stupid and the whole aftermath and use of staff to cause the fight without physical contact a convienent plot device to set the whole thing in motion
He even thought he had to touch them with the staff to corrupt them, as illustrated with the ironman scene where he says "this usually works". Also They were arguing with each other before the scene where banner grabbed the staff (physical contact.). The only way for Loki to get them to fight like that was to touch them with the staff and control them, however for that particular scene they switched it up and just inferred the staff was causing it by proximity alone, just to move the story along.

for me, not really even close. MoS easily!!!! I still love Avengers though, its a great and fun movie. But there was more meaning and thought in MoS for me.

Avengers for me. Saw it 7 times at the cinema, and a couple more on DVD. Love it so much. For me the best comic book film of all time.
And while I enjoyed MOS, I'm not keen to see it again really.
But it's great that we have these amazing films to go and see. We live in good times

Man of Steel was decent but has problems. Avengers was real good but overrated.

Avengers.

Back