The Avengers or Man of Steel!!??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which do you prefer, The Avengers or Man of Steel?

• Total voters
As it stands for those who could figure it out more DC fans than Marvel preferred Avengers and more Marvel fans than DC preferred MoS. Interesting!
Maybe they best understand the inconsistencies and flaws translating comic to screen. As a lifelong fan of all this junk there are things that annoy me about nearly every comic film where they take what I feel to be excessive liberties.

What if I'm not a rabid fanboy and like both companies? :dunno

idjLpP0ijzy8C.gif

I liked the avengers a lot but the replay value hasn't been that great for me. I never feel like watching it sort of like how I feel about TDkR. I thought the movie was fantastic when I first saw it in the theater but since then my enjoyment has trailed off. Maybe its unfair to compare and my vote for man of steel is biased because its still new and I want to see it again- much more then watching the avengers which has been collecting dust on my blu ray shelf.

I am not loyal to either marvel or DC as I don't read comics. I just started buying a few for my son because he interested in them- and have glanced at a few. Some of them are ****ing confusing to read because of the text layout on the pages. I also hate ****ing cliffhanger endings in book's, and comics love them apparently since every single one ends with one.

I'm a DC guy (well to be fair mostly Batman and Superman) but I give it to The Avengers. Better actors all around, more believable character interactions and it was kept at a fast pace, moving the plot along while not ignoring the character interplay. Also most importantly Avengers is fun!

I loved MOS because it builds a good foundation and there is a lot to love about it, but it falls short with a rather dodgy screenplay and not enough time given to get to care for anybody. Hopefully the sequel will build on the characters.

But for me personally, I will take any of Nolan's Batman films above Avengers because it's the Goddamn Batman! (and they are better films) :chase

I've watched The Avengers a ton of times. It's never gotten old. The characters are well rounded. The set ups have pay offs. The ending logically builds to it's conclusion. And nothing can top that final battle. It's literally a character moment war. It's perfect cinematic bliss.

I've watched The Avengers a ton of times. It's never gotten old. The characters are well rounded. The set ups have pay offs. The ending logically builds to it's conclusion. And nothing can top that final battle. It's literally a character moment war. It's perfect cinematic bliss.

The end is great I guess the whole team fighting with each other like school kids bothered me after a while. Its literally like I'll kick your ***, why dont u step outside, my daddy can beat your daddy **** that leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. I want to just fast forward till the end and the "hulk smash" ****.

That's why it works. You have to have these different characters, with different principles going at each other so they can see how everyone ticks.

Plus, most of that scene was caused by Loki's spear anyway, so it wasn't like they were getting pissy on their own.

The first contact/fight in the woods was fine it was the stupid back and forth on the ship that felt forced and i thought was stupid. Also if it was the staff why did it just stop effecting them when Loki was near them at the end. In fact IM was immune to it because of the arc reactor was blocking his heart. What cause it then, the touch to the heart or just being around the staff?? It can't be both just to suit the plot in some scenes. If it was just being near the staff then it should have effected IM, thor and the hulk at the end

It's magic. It can do whatever the story needs it to do.

Ya I see that as a plot device and never made the connection that the staff could cause that without contact since they had established he had to physically touch Hawkeye and the doctor to corrupt them.

Hence why I thought it was terrible dialog and still do. All that bickering could have been ommitted and the movie would have been uneffected- in fact it would have been better IMO.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfBgGIh8o_M[/ame]

The scene implies it's the spear doing it.

Back