The Apple thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I go Otterbox. I drop my phone sometimes intentionally to show off its strength. ***** takes a licking... and best thing, lately the silicon has been cracking on my other casing, so they are sending me another one free of charge. Great stuff!

Not sure what the touch ID has to do with the screen protector.

As for the iphone screen, my wife's has little micro scratches all over it. This screen protector is a piece of glass with an oleophobic coating. If I place mine side by side with my wife's phone it's a night and day difference.

Well, the Spigen nano slim tr features a screen protector that also covers the touch ID. It doesn't make sense to have that much protection, especially on the one part of the phone that's virtually indestructible. I guess you can always remove the part from the home button if you don't want it, though.

The screen on the iPhone 5/5s is pretty tough, and since it's made of glass, the only thing that can scratch it is quartz from sand and concrete. So, as long as you don't have sand in your pockets (or wherever else your store your phone), you'll be fine. I've carried around an iPad 3 for over a year without a screen protector and it still hasn't received a single scratch. The olophobic coating is starting to show signs of wear though.

Well, the Spigen nano slim tr features a screen protector that also covers the touch ID. It doesn't make sense to have that much protection, especially on the one part of the phone that's virtually indestructible. I guess you can always remove the part from the home button if you don't want it, though.

The screen on the iPhone 5/5s is pretty tough, and since it's made of glass, the only thing that can scratch it is quartz from sand and concrete. So, as long as you don't have sand in your pockets (or wherever else your store your phone), you'll be fine. I've carried around an iPad 3 for over a year without a screen protector and it still hasn't received a single scratch. The olophobic coating is starting to show signs of wear though.

I've got it on my phone now and it doesn't have anything on the touch id and didn't come with any protection. It has the option to add little jelly buttons if you're into that thing, but that's only for the 5c. My wife throws her phone in her purse with her keys and other knick knacks women keep in their Marry Poppins bags. It's got little hairline scratches all over it. Nothing awful, but in the right light is visible.

I've got it on my phone now and it doesn't have anything on the touch id and didn't come with any protection. It has the option to add little jelly buttons if you're into that thing, but that's only for the 5c. My wife throws her phone in her purse with her keys and other knick knacks women keep in their Marry Poppins bags. It's got little hairline scratches all over it. Nothing awful, but in the right light is visible.

Oh, I see. I was watching a review on YouTube and someone's Spigen tr came with a screen protector for the home button. I was like "what the hell?" :lol. It really didn't make sense.

But, it seems like your wife needs the screen protector more than you. I went over to my parents yesterday, and my mom got a gold-colored 5s. Although I personally hate cases, I made sure to order a thick leather clam shell case for her phone. I might throw in a screen protector too. Women and their bags :lol :slap

She actually had two of the old glass tr screen protectors. She broke both by dropping her phone. After the second I told her lets see how she does without anything for awhile. :lol

I've never messed up an installation so I can't say if you can manipulate it if you have to. My gut feeling says no, once it's down it needs to stay down. But that's just a guess. I'd do what Solidus says if you're not confident in applying these things. It's too expensive a protector to waste if you mess up.

Final follow up to my my iPhone 5 saga (last posted 10/15). Quick summary: iPhone died, took it to the Apple Store, and they determined that the issue was a "hardware failure". I was SOL because I was three weeks out of warranty. Apple's flat repair rate was $280 plus tax, and this "repair" consisted off them replacing the five straight up.

I purchased my 5 with an AMEX, and I filed a claim with them. Let me say, if you have an AMEX, buy all your electronics with it. Their extended warranty program is phenomenal. They refunded me $313 and change, which is what I paid for the iPhone 5 (32 GB at $299 plus tax). And I came out slightly ahead since the repair came out to about $294 with taxes. Had my bricked iPhone 5 replaced with a new one. Sucky thing is I hadn't backed it up in about six months, so I lost some stuff.

Only sketchy thing (well semi-sketchy): Apple keeps the damage iPhone, saying that they'll erase the data and recycle the phone...but I wonder if they just make the neccessary repairs and sell them refurbished. Can you even buy a refurbished iPhone?

Only sketchy thing (well semi-sketchy): Apple keeps the damage iPhone, saying that they'll erase the data and recycle the phone...but I wonder if they just make the neccessary repairs and sell them refurbished. Can you even buy a refurbished iPhone?

Your old phone will be someone else's warranty replacement phone.

The delay and dumbing down of the caps lock key on my MacBook Pro is possibly one of the worst/frustrating design decisions ever!!!!!! :gah::gah::gah:

Still can't decide between an iPhone 5s and galaxy S4

I love the UI and simplicity and the beautiful deluxe contruction of the 5s as well as the Fingerprint scanner.

I love the idea of being able to customise everything on the Galaxy S4 and the large screen.

Galaxy would get me 2GB Data and no upfront cost at £37 a month
5s would get me 1GB, £29.99 upfront cost at £42 a month.

So the S4 is a far better financial deal

:gah: can't decide

Still can't decide between an iPhone 5s and galaxy S4

I love the UI and simplicity and the beautiful deluxe contruction of the 5s as well as the Fingerprint scanner.

I love the idea of being able to customise everything on the Galaxy S4 and the large screen.

Galaxy would get me 2GB Data and no upfront cost at £37 a month
5s would get me 1GB, £29.99 upfront cost at £42 a month.

So the S4 is a far better financial deal

:gah: can't decide

I have the 5s and had the Galaxy S4. For the actual phone, I much prefer the iphone. The s4 feels cheap, as the back of it is plastic. This was a huge turn off for me...and actually the main reason I ditched it. I NEVER thought that something like that would bother me as much as it did. I did not feel comfortable holding it and wasn't very comfortable in my pocket...too big. The S4's big screen was a big selling point for me...but I don't miss it. I never felt a difference going to the smaller iPhone screen. Yes, the S4 is customizable and allows you all types of wonderful, illegal, stuff...but...meh. If I really miss that stuff, I'll buy a dirt cheap android phone and do that stuff over wifi...not that I've ever done...stuff...before.

Oh, and the fingerprint thing is cool at first but its actually gotten a little annoying lol.

I have the 5s and had the Galaxy S4. For the actual phone, I much prefer the iphone. The s4 feels cheap, as the back of it is plastic. This was a huge turn off for me...and actually the main reason I ditched it. I NEVER thought that something like that would bother me as much as it did. I did not feel comfortable holding it and wasn't very comfortable in my pocket...too big. The S4's big screen was a big selling point for me...but I don't miss it. I never felt a difference going to the smaller iPhone screen. Yes, the S4 is customizable and allows you all types of wonderful, illegal, stuff...but...meh. If I really miss that stuff, I'll buy a dirt cheap android phone and do that stuff over wifi...not that I've ever done...stuff...before.

Oh, and the fingerprint thing is cool at first but its actually gotten a little annoying lol.

I am waiting for Apple do do something better soon. The fingerprint thing was not important enough for me to buy the 5S.

Back