The Apple thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Lifeproof Fre' case for my 5. While I agree that the slim designis damn sexy and one of the main appeal of the phone, that sleek design don't mean ***** if I drop the phone and the screen breaks and gets ding.

Plus taking underwater pics at the pool is pretty cool.

This is what I've got for my iPhone. It's quite expensive but really nice. A lot of people seem to ask about it when they see it.

agu6epuj.jpg

avapapyp.jpg

Here's a link there's plenty of other designs & you can even get them to customise your own one.

https://www.grovemade.com/product/iphone-5-case/#flash-bamboo-iphone-5-case

Damn. My iPhone 5 just bricked minutes after I posted in this thread. I was responding to a PM, and the screen just powered down. I haven't been able to get it back on.

Anybody heard of anything like this?

Damn. My iPhone 5 just bricked minutes after I posted in this thread. I was responding to a PM, and the screen just powered down. I haven't been able to get it back on.

Anybody heard of anything like this?

Did you try plugging it into an outlet? It might turn on if there's an external power source.

I'm using a Lunatik Taktik Strike for my 5S. It's huge but makes the phone more comfortable to text with for me, and it's tank. I do love the leather Apple brand 5S case I have and an switching between the two.

What are the best cases for a 13" MacBook Pro? Thanks

Teddy, I had a Speck case. That lasted YEARS. Loved it. I recently got a cheapy one from Amazon (because the Speck case was now $40++). Got this newer (generic) one for $15 or so shipped. The bad part about the cheaper ones is that the 'feet' on the bottom are made of foam. Two days in and one already fell off. My only complaint.

Did you try plugging it into an outlet? It might turn on if there's an external power source.

I had it plugged in to the charger and the wall socket for over two hours yesterday and nothing. When it powered down and shut off on me, I was responding to a PM from this site, and had about 35% power left.

Strangely, it was able to turn on this morning after I plugged it in. Looked fine. I powered it off fully so it would charge faster. When I attempted to turn it on again, the "Attach to iTunes" screen came up. Once I did that, the screen prompt told me my iPhone was in recovery mode and I had to do a system restore.

Seems to be working fine now, though, but it was still weird how it shut down on me. :dunno

WTF? My 5 crashed AGAIN, doing exactly the same thing. I was responding to a PM on this site, when it crashed with 99% power. I was previously able to read PMs, check threads, and send texts. I wonder if there's a correlation between trying to respond to a PM and it crashing? I'm not using Tapatalk. Should I be using that while responding from my phone?

^Man, that's strange. I've been browsing SSF with my iPhone and even sent a few PMs without any problems. You should probably carry it into an Apple Store and have them troubleshoot the problem for you.

^Nice! Are you getting a 5s with the trade-in or something else?

Where did you get that much for a 4S?

Sorry for disappearing for a while. :lol

Anyway, I traded it into Gamestop. They offered $201 base for the phone. They have a promotion where you get 30% trade in bonus if you put your trade in towards a pre-owned product. So I got $262 and spent $4.99 on a used copy of Fallout 3. :lol Net $257.

I took all of my credit and converted it to Amazon gift cards by buying the Kindle cards they sell at Gamestop. Kindle cards work for anything on Amazon.

Your mileage may vary.

Anyone else having texting problems with the 5s or iOS7? Every time I compose a new message and type certain letters in the recipients bar (like the letter M if I'm trying to pull up mom) it crashes and goes back to my home screen. It's only certain letters though.

It happens sometimes when I go into my photo album and choose a photo to send then choose a name. Sometimes it just takes a while too. BTW I have 4.

Back