The Apple thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I just ordered a 5s (space gray color). I'm not sure how long the wait will be, but it looks to be at least a few weeks. The stores seem to be sold out now.

can you use the finger print scanner to back out of an app? Or is it just used to unlock? Would be nice if you could back out of a program too instead of wearing that home button out.

can you use the finger print scanner to back out of an app? Or is it just used to unlock? Would be nice if you could back out of a program too instead of wearing that home button out.

Well, it's capacitive, so maybe. I wouldn't mind having a touch sensor, too.

By the way, I was reading the news on Google and I found the excerpt below pretty hilarious.

Besides all of the starving children, and people getting killed with disease, God's main priority, is apparently, ensuring that this ghetto chick gets her gold-colored iPhone :rotfl :slap.

Things at the Santa Monica store were relatively calm until a store employee approached to survey which phones people wanted. By the time she got to the 14th person in line, she warned that the coveted gold iPhone 5s would likely be sold out by then.

That -- coupled with the news that many of the first people in line were planning on buying two gold iPhones -- angered those further back, including 20-year-old Kassandra Allen.

"Why do they need two? Why why why? That's so selfish, seriously," she said in disbelief.

Allen, a student at the Art Institute, was about the 20th person in line after arriving around 8 p.m.

"I should have come here earlier," she lamented. "I just wanted the gold. I'm Jamaican, I love gold."

Nwabudike Washington, a new friend she'd made in line, was also upset by the gold iPhone shortage.

"I've had the white, I've had the black, I haven't had the gold. It just looks very exclusive," the 23-year-old from Culver City said. "I'm gonna need every prayer, hope I can get. I need to call up on Jesus. He needs to answer this call."

When you get it fill me in. Thanks! :wave:hi5:

Well, there's probably news on it already, from someone who got their iPhone today. I wouldn't receive mine until 10 days. At least, that's the estimate that T-Mobile is giving me, with the temporary shortage that's currently going on.

It takes everything I have to keep from getting political after reading that.

It takes everything I have to keep from getting political after reading that.

Yeah, just imagine that people were lining up and panicking for a phone that's going to be available several days (or a few weeks) later :lol. That gold color isn't going to be exclusive anymore when Apple finally starts shipping it out.

I didn't think I'd use it, but it's actually a lot faster than entering your Apple ID to buy or download something and you don't have to slide to unlock to enter your pin (if you use one), you can just scan straight from the lock screen which makes it feel almost like you don't have a pass code.

I agree that makes things easier. Just wish it could do more. Maybe down the road.

Had to go to my Apple Store for a 5S case, and people were lined up outside in the rain waiting for iPhones. Couldn't believe people lined back up on Saturday.

Meh, to each their own. People are into different things and if one of those is waiting in line to get the next phone, so be it.

Meh, to each their own. People are into different things and if one of those is waiting in line to get the next phone, so be it.

I'd be willing to agree with you because I've been in lineups before (mostly for autographs). But, I think some of the more hardcore people in the lineup really need to re-evaluate their lives. Here's a video from last year:

[ame]https://youtu.be/BMsLArefSOw[/ame]

Back