The Apple thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And now there are reports that Apple is going to be building HDTVs too. :slap

Honestly, the last Apple product I had was in 1984. It's called an Apple IIc.

When I was a kid I loved Apple Jacks. This was back when they were loaded with sugar and you could get glow-in-the-dark stickers!

D9NU4.jpg

Anyone ever have a reddish tinted shapes on there Mac screen that you can only see on black screen or dark images?

I have a Macbook Pro and so far I haven't had that problem. The only thing is it gets very hot sometimes on the bottom so right now I'm looking for a cooling pad to protect it.

I called apple care and made an appointment for them tk take a look at it at one if the apple brick stores.

____ing apple tech guys! They replaced my LED screen with an LCD! Now I got to go back up there and start this whole process all over again..

They must have thought there was LCD in it. Or maybe there was some kind of fowl up, I dont know.. there gonna fix it though. I might even try and make them throw in a Iphone dock charger for the inconvenience! :pfft:

Wow! That sucks. They should definitely compensate for the inconvenience.

Wow! That sucks. They should definitely compensate for the inconvenience.

Yep. I'm sure gonna try and make them.

I knew there was something off when I first opened it up and looked at it, it just didn't look vibrant enough? But then I thought because I had just upgraded my graphics card on my PC from a ATI 5770 to a Geforce 560 TI, that I had just gotten use to looking at those higher display settings. But lo and behold I was up late tonight trying to adjust my display settings on my mac and I when I went into the system display properties it says - I have a an LCD display and not an LED.

This is a major fowl up, because if I didnt catch this right away they could have denied me a replacement, or I could have gone on forever not even realizing I had an LCD in my macbook.

Yep. I'm sure gonna try and make them.

I knew there was something off when I first opened it up and looked at it, it just didn't look vibrant enough? But then I thought because I had just upgraded my graphics card on my PC from a ATI 5770 to a Geforce 560 TI, that I had just gotten use to looking at those higher display settings. But lo and behold I was up late tonight trying to adjust my display settings on my mac and I when I went into the system display properties it says - I have a an LCD display and not an LED.

This is a major fowl up, because if I didnt catch this right away they could have denied me a replacement, or I could have gone on forever not even realizing I had an LCD in my macbook.

Good catch!!! They're trying to pull a fast one!!! :lol

Probably an honest mistake, but still, that could have easily happened to me. Don't know if I would been able to catch though. :(

Best of luck to you.

I love Apple. I will never have to hear the gears cranking in a Dell ever again. Never ever have to deal with some customer service rep named "Bob" in another continent. I get answers at the Apple store when I have a question. I can have a computer that lasts years for it's money.

Is anyone getting the iPhone 5s? I love how they included a fingerprint scanner.

Is anyone getting the iPhone 5s? I love how they included a fingerprint scanner.

I think apple better come up with something big for their next phone. They really ****ed this one up. I'm a huge apple fan too. Seriously what a bore fest.

I'm gonna wait for the six. I like that this has a better camera, processor, etc that this one has but it sounds like the 6 will have a 6" screen. So I'm cool with waiting until next year.

Back