The Apple thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm gonna wait for the six. I like that this has a better camera, processor, etc that this one has but it sounds like the 6 will have a 6" screen. So I'm cool with waiting until next year.

Yup, and they better deliver. The 6 may make or break apple. The first test of the loss of Jobs starts next year IMO.

I agree if they're going to stay very strong they will have to really bring something to the 6. Besides the things from the 5s. Should be fun to see what they do.

**** Fingerprints. Apple wants to beat the competition, I want a retinal scanner by the 7. Until then, I'm sticking with my 5.:lol

I think apple better come up with something big for their next phone. They really ****ed this one up. I'm a huge apple fan too. Seriously what a bore fest.

I agree if they're going to stay very strong they will have to really bring something to the 6. Besides the things from the 5s. Should be fun to see what they do.

Well, it's becoming harder to invent something "big" because the market is already littered with smartphone innovations. It's not like the old days of 2007 when smartphones were still fresh and simplistic, and Apple could "wow" the world with a simple touch-screen sensor.

Practically the only thing left for manufacturers, is to make small iterations to their current designs. Looking ahead, the iPhone 6 will likely be a small improvement over the iPhone 5s; with a faster processor, better camera UI, and an improved version of the operating system (iOS 8?). The same thing will goes for the Samsung and their Galaxy SV (whenever that's released).

I think boring years are ahead of us :lol.

Last edited:
Well, it's becoming harder to invent something "big" because the market is already littered with smartphone innovations. It's not like the old days of 2007 when smartphones were still fresh and simplistic, and Apple could "wow" the world with a simple touch-screen sensor.

Practically the only thing left for manufacturers, is to make small iterations to their current designs. Looking ahead, the iPhone 6 will likely be a small improvement over the iPhone 5s; with a faster processor, better camera UI, and an improved version of the operating system (iOS 8?). The same thing will goes for the Samsung and their Galaxy SV (whenever that's released).

I think boring years are ahead of us :lol.

Agreed Solidus.

Pretty pathetic they would do that considering Siri under iOS 7 now uses Microsoft's Bing instead of Google for internet searches. :slap

Somehow Bing became my main search engine in... get this.. MY GOOGLE CHROME! My old Safari still goes to Google, but now my Google browser goes to the Bing search engine. ahahaha The irony. I know it's not Chromes doing. Some tech nerd will tell me what happened.

In 3.... 2.... 1....

Somehow Bing became my main search engine in... get this.. MY GOOGLE CHROME! My old Safari still goes to Google, but now my Google browser goes to the Bing search engine. ahahaha The irony. I know it's not Chromes doing. Some tech nerd will tell me what happened.

In 3.... 2.... 1....

Chandler-Bing-laughter-to-shock-reaction-at-meeting.gif

I don't think there's any reason to upgrade if you have the 5, if you have the 4S that's probably fine.

Still using my 4S with no desire to upgrade to the 5 or 5S. Nothing in the 5 made me want to upgrade and the 5S, beyond the fingerprint scanner, is nothing that makes me want to swap out my phone either.

That being said, if iOS 7 makes my phone nearly unusable after the update, then I may upgrade out of pure frustration. Nothing more.

The new OS is ok. Maybe it will grow on me, but my initial impressions are that some things are a step forward while others are a step back.

I like a lot of the new features, like the 'command center' or whatever they call it. But I find that the white color toned menus are more difficult to interpret/differentiate options than the previous color tones they used.

I'm really liking the new IOS. Simplistic & easy to navigate. Just been messing around with it for the past hour.

Talking of upgrading I won't be this year. I have 2 year contracts so my next phone will be the iphone6. My wife's due a new phone though, she wants the C only because of how colourful it is but I'm going to make her get the S :D

I tried downloading 7 on my iphone 4 and ipad 2 right when my time zone allowed and DENIED. Now I have to wait until after I get off work.

Anyone figured out yet if you use iTunes Radio if it actually downloads that song to your iPhone/iPad?

you mean does it illegally give you the songs you listen to for free?? :lol

No, I think it puts the songs you have on your phone that aren't already there. At least that's what I think may be the case based off what my folks said when they used it. Plus I can't get them to delete off the phones once they're on the phone. Its kind of wacky right now.

Back