The Apple thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, you're right; I just checked: 5.8" for the iPhone X versus 5.5" for the iPhone 8 Plus.

The Plus is only bigger because the X's screen goes all the way to the edge, and has no border/bevel.

EDIT: Waller beat me to it!!!

iPhone X is not worth the extra $200-$300 in my opinion. It was supposed to have a embedded Touch ID sensor in the screen but it got scrapped because of production issues. I bet the next round of phones has both the face ID AND the Touch ID because they will have time to work with Samsung to get the production issues sorted. Going with the 8+. Removal of the Touch ID was a step backwards.

These should have bumped its camera sensor up to 16MP to give it some separation from the 8’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
What why would I want to upgrade besides having the latest and latest?

What makes this better than a 7 or even a 6?

So not phones jack....that's my deal breaker...

As someone who has had the IPhone since the first one, I know we are pretty loyal to their brand and they are banking on that, but the price is insane when the Samsung S8 is just as good for $300 less. I'm tempted to make the change

What why would I want to upgrade besides having the latest and latest?

What makes this better than a 7 or even a 6?

I take lots of pictures and shoot lots of video so just the camera upgrade coupled with a bump in processor speed is usually enough to convince me to upgrade. But Apple seems to be running out of worthwhile ideas on the hardware side. iOS continues to get better and better.

I’m getting an X for sure. And I was jus charged today for my Apple Watch series 3 stainless steel 42 mm with cellular. Can’t wait to set it up! My series 2 is being sold as we speak as well as my last gen Apple TV.

Will grab the 4K as soon as Prime video is available on it. For now, my 4K tv smart apps will do.

Gotta love how Apple products retain their value as far as $$$ is concerned. Makes upgrading easy and not very expensive.

Unlike the other brands......

I take lots of pictures and shoot lots of video so just the camera upgrade coupled with a bump in processor speed is usually enough to convince me to upgrade. But Apple seems to be running out of worthwhile ideas on the hardware side. iOS continues to get better and better.

do you feel like the X is enough of a upgrade on the 8 just from a camera/video point of view? That's the only reason why I want to upgrade from my 5+, but I'm not really sure the extra $200 from 8 to X is justified.

do you feel like the X is enough of a upgrade on the 8 just from a camera/video point of view? That's the only reason why I want to upgrade from my 5+, but I'm not really sure the extra $200 from 8 to X is justified.

Edit: my response was comparing the X to the 8+. If you are comparing the X and the 8.. definitely go for the X.

- - - -

I don’t. The X has a slightly better telephoto camera with an aperture of 2.4 vs 2.8 for the iPhone 8. The telephoto lens also has optical image stabilization on the X. The front camera supports portrait mode and portrait lighting on the X.

And that’s the difference. The X will be better at pictures and video that use 2x zoom because the image/video should be smoother and a bit brighter. And selfies can be taken in portrait mode to blur the background. But that’s it. The regular cameras are the same and they both have portrait lighting.

I don’t think that’s a $200 improvement.

Nah. It’s simply a bug that will get fixed in no time.

The watch tries to connect to WiFi even if it’s a network that it doesn’t know.

Apple said they are working on a fix.

I wouldn’t worry. Mine will be here tomorrow.

Its just a bug. You guys act like its the end of the world for a bug.

They designed a smart watch out of thin air, you guys don't think they can fix a bug quickly?

Back