The Apple thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Downloaded and installed it on my 7, my wife's 7 plus, my 12-year old daughter's 6, and the family's iPad. Some cool features.

My watch works great, sold my series 2 stainless steel for almost 75-80% if the whole cost of the new one.

Love how Apple products retain value when upgrading, makes it easy and not as expensive as some think.

Now, just waiting to PO the X!

My watch works great, sold my series 2 stainless steel for almost 75-80% if the whole cost of the new one.

Love how Apple products retain value when upgrading, makes it easy and not as expensive as some think.

Now, just waiting to PO the X!

what do you find is the best method of trading/selling one of their products to upgrade?

what do you find is the best method of trading/selling one of their products to upgrade?

Locally first (Facebook, etc) by eBay is really safer.

You’ll get a lot of bids from people from another countries, where Apple products are a luxury you wouldn’t believe. A current gen X or 8 is likely impossible to afford (or even find!) for people that live in Brazil, Argentina, some parts of the Middle East, etc.

Description is KEY. I never use EBay’s global shipping but I’ve heard is safer. My descriptions on Apple products are usually 2 pages long, I always get the 2 year AppleCare no matter what, that way I’m off the hook of the item malfunctions 6 months from the sale (state clearly that AppleCare is included for that very reason).

My descriptions are throughly as hell, every single point covered with words. I’ve been doing the same for 6 years straight, never ever had a problem all of those sales have been intl’ buys.

Never give out the IMEI/SERIAL etc. There’s no reason.

Take plenty of pics of it so you are covered.

Hope that helps.

Locally first (Facebook, etc) by eBay is really safer.

You’ll get a lot of bids from people from another countries, where Apple products are a luxury you wouldn’t believe. A current gen X or 8 is likely impossible to afford (or even find!) for people that live in Brazil, Argentina, some parts of the Middle East, etc.

Description is KEY. I never use EBay’s global shipping but I’ve heard is safer. My descriptions on Apple products are usually 2 pages long, I always get the 2 year AppleCare no matter what, that way I’m off the hook of the item malfunctions 6 months from the sale (state clearly that AppleCare is included for that very reason).

My descriptions are throughly as hell, every single point covered with words. I’ve been doing the same for 6 years straight, never ever had a problem all of those sales have been intl’ buys.

Never give out the IMEI/SERIAL etc. There’s no reason.

Take plenty of pics of it so you are covered.

Hope that helps.

interesting. I think I've sold a phone on ebay once. I actually have 2 5S that I want to get rid of for a 8 or X, one has the screen sticking out. Wouldn't you want to put the serial number in the auction so someone doesn't try to scam you by saying they got a broken phone, and return a broken phone while keeping the good one?

interesting. I think I've sold a phone on ebay once. I actually have 2 5S that I want to get rid of for a 8 or X, one has the screen sticking out. Wouldn't you want to put the serial number in the auction so someone doesn't try to scam you by saying they got a broken phone, and return a broken phone while keeping the good one?

Excellent question,

I usually take a pic of the AppleCare warranty (on apples website) showing only the last 4 digits of the serial. That way they know (and I make sure to mention it in capital, bolder red letters) that if what they want is to scam me, they should probably look at another auction.

There's already an Iphone X...it's called the samsung galaxy S8+

I just received my iPhone X a few days ago. It’s my first upgrade since the iPhone 5, and I’m loving it. I’m addicted to the camera and the OLED display is gorgeous. I thought the lack of a home button would take a lot of getting used to, but FaceID is intuitive and swiping up has become second nature. If anything, the feature that took the most getting used to was an older one: 3D Touch. I was so used to the traditional touch screen of my iPhone 5 that the idea of new features being accessed depending on the pressure I asserted was kind of alien to me. All in all, though, I have nothing but great things to say about this phone. The stereo speakers are amazing, the image quality is superb. I realize that there are other phones on the market that probably have superior specs, but, after 5 years, I figured it was time for an upgrade and, let me tell you, that leap is one hell of an upgrade.:lol

Nice review and congrats Batfan08. I may upgrade next year from the 7plus. I have seen a friends IPhone X and the sceeen size is the same as the plus models but smaller phone which is fantastic!!!

Nice review and congrats Batfan08. I may upgrade next year from the 7plus. I have seen a friends IPhone X and the sceeen size is the same as the plus models but smaller phone which is fantastic!!!

Yeah, that was a big plus for me, as well. I have a friend who’s been getting the Plus models for the last several iterations and who said that, in trying out the X, he was so used to the bigger phones that he couldn’t get comfortable with it, even with the screen, technically, being slightly larger, as that additional bezel space made for a much larger phone. It’s about perfect for me, though. I was a little worried it might be too unwieldy, but I can reach most everything I need with one hand. Accessing the control center in the top right corner is the only part that makes me stretch my thumbs.:lol

Well, I upgraded to an iPhone SE a few days ago. I could’ve gotten one of the other iPhones, but I just love 4 inch screens.

Well, I upgraded to an iPhone SE a few days ago. I could’ve gotten one of the other iPhones, but I just love 4 inch screens.

You’d love the X. It’s not as huge as a plus, and feels like a 5 really. What throws you off, is that the whole phone is a screen with no bezels, kinda hard to describe.

And Face ID is sincerely out of this world.

When people say “well, my android phone had that feature 100 years ago” I can’t help but laugh. Yeah, a feature no one used and didn’t work 89% of the time.

On the X, is simply just amazing. I don’t think I could ever go back to a home button, so much that I sold my iPad Pro (12.9) because I know Apple will release one with the same technology soon.

The X is the best iPhone I’ve ever had. The 7 was a letdown, and so was the 6S. Still great phones, but the X is in another league.

Back