The Apple thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this an iOS8 specific issue you're seeing? Could be a bug if so.

Otherwise, general information: Tags and sorting. If it's a "Various Artists" release, then make sure all the tracks are tagged with compilation flag set to YES - if everything else is correct, such as album name, and year, then that should make sure everything is grouped together if all album tracks are by different artists. It will sort under Various Artists in such a case.

The alternative, used for non-VA albums that have guest tracks, is to set ALBUM ARTIST to the primary artist and then you can have compilation set to NO and it will still group when track artists differ (album name the same).

All my music is precisely tagged for maximum compatibility with iTunes, iOS and Slim Server (aka Squeezebox Server aka Logitech Media Server)

No it did it on my five for a bit before I got this one. It's strange because it's doing it on albums I've bought straight through the digital iTunes and not ones I ripped from CDs.

Man, most of my apps crash a lot. ITunes Match takes days to download songs on a 40mb DL wifi connection, and my battery doesn't really last any longer than my year old 5s ( the 5s lasted longer actually). And it takes a while to be fully charged.

Anybody else having these problems?
Iphone 6
128GB
IOS8 (duh)

I have some crashing apps but I'm sure Apple has a ton of app updates that still need to go live in the App Store. Once the apps are updated for ios8 there should be far fewer crashes.

I think everything iTunes, App Store and iCloud related are moving slow because of all the traffic.

With a thinner phone and a larger screen Apple was aiming to match the 5s battery life for the most part. The 6+ has a huge battery to power the screen but also gets some extra battery life as a result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, but it also gets extremely hot doing normal things (like listening to music already downloaded, not streamed) and battery goes from 100% to 32% in about an hour and a half (of only listening to said tunes)

I know this will get fixed, it's not my first iphone. But you'd think they'd have this **** figured out by now....

Crazy battery consumption isn't the situation being observed by other people posting/reviewing. Try running it all the way down and then give it a full charge.

Yeah, but it also gets extremely hot doing normal things (like listening to music already downloaded, not streamed) and battery goes from 100% to 32% in about an hour and a half (of only listening to said tunes)

I know this will get fixed, it's not my first iphone. But you'd think they'd have this **** figured out by now....

That battery life definitely isn't normal.

Just checked out the new 6's today.... Same old iPhones in a different package. Not impressed. Really like my iPad air though. I'm sure I'll mess around with them again a few more times. Waiting a few more months until I upgrade. Should be a few more options out by then.

Funny thing is... The main thing I miss not having with Apple devices as opposed to android is the back button...

Same old iPhones in a different package.

It sounds like you put some serious time into exploring every bit of each device and iOS, and came into the whole experience with a totally open mind. Above all you've clearly distilled precisely why so many people prefer Apple's phones.

Last edited:
I'm having issues changing from portrait to landscape mode. My iPad is stuck in landscape mode as I type this and my iPhone 6 has been showing severe lag when changing back and forth.

It's not the lock--just seems to go into severe lag while switching. A couple minutes later it switched to portrait just fine. I'm having to be really careful how I hold the damn thing though or it gets stuck again.

That's very odd.. I haven't had that issue on my 6. Does it happen in specific apps or all apps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It happened on the lock screen, main screen, and a couple apps. I looked online and found that it's an issue for some, but not all, devices with ios8.

I have the space gray 64GB.

I experienced none of the issues you have. My gf has complained of her phone getting hot (gold 6).

I've been using my phone all day (5AM - now 6:45PM) and I'm at 33% battery - single charge.

Additionally, my phone charges pretty fast.

I'll keep an eye on my girlfriends phone to see if she experiences the same issues as you.

Just a thought, what phone carrier do you use? I'm on Sprint and she is on AT&T.

No issues spotted with my wife's iPhone 4S nor iPad third-gen. Admittedly I haven't spent a ton of time checking them out, but she uses both constantly and hasn't had even a single complaint about the OS update.

That sounds awesome for her.

If you're not interested in hearing others' experience and examples, maybe you should spare everyone your own? Food for thought.

Though maybe I'm completely off base and you're on to something. Let me apply your example…

I'm having issues changing from portrait to landscape mode. My iPad is stuck in landscape mode as I type this and my iPhone 6 has been showing severe lag when changing back and forth.

That sucks for you.

No, I don't feel right about brushing someone off like that. It's not even remotely funny.

I'm having a problem with Yahoo it's not pushing mail to my iPhone I had to install the Yahoo app to get my mail. I was getting my mail instantaneous now I have to go through that crappy Yahoo app. I tried deleting and re-entering my email twice but it's still not working

If you're not interested in hearing others' experience and examples, maybe you should spare everyone your own? Food for thought.

Though maybe I'm completely off base and you're on to something. Let me apply your example…

That sucks for you.

No, I don't feel right about brushing someone off like that. It's not even remotely funny.

The example of your wife's iPhone and iPad was posted to illustrate your point that she wasn't having issues, even though you really don't know because you don't have any experience with them after the update. I already said the issues weren't affecting every device so you were actually just proving my point, which I didn't need you to do. Half of your comments brush off what others have said so that you can post your believed superior position or knowledge. Comment how you want and I'll do the same but spare me the lesson in forum reply etiquette.

I'm having a problem with Yahoo it's not pushing mail to my iPhone I had to install the Yahoo app to get my mail. I was getting my mail instantaneous now I have to go through that crappy Yahoo app. I tried deleting and re-entering my email twice but it's still not working

That's annoying. I've noticed that I'm not getting Tapatalk notifications on my 6 but I am still getting them on my iPad. The settings are the same on both devices so I'm not sure why I'd get them on one but not the other.

Back