The Apple thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine appears to be all but done. Can't figure out what it is. I know it's not my music since that doesn't back up. It can't do an iCloud back up for this phone yet since it's still doing this. It will get done but I'm curious as hell at what it's still doing. My photo stream isn't showing up yet so it could be that.

Do a hard reset, see what happens.

I went to the stores just trying to check this phone out in person yesterday and everywhere I went from stores like Bestbuy to carrier stores like AT&T, verizon, etc and each one was packed with people, jeez looked like the week before Christmas. So. I walked out, I'm actually glad my eligibility won't be until next month.

I guess everyone has been waiting for the bigger screens on an iPhone. I'm telling you guys, this looked like a bigger release than the iphone5.

Online is definitely the way to go about getting one, at least this weekend

Unless you get there before stores open, but pretty much everybody will doing the same.

I always had room in the Cloud prior to getting the 6. Now that I've upgraded I got the message that I don't have enough room to back up the phone to the Cloud anymore. I think it's just a skangy way of getting $0.99 a month from me from now on. Also, I'm sure I'll get used to it, but I'm already finding instances in which I have to use 2 hands on the phone. My damn stubby thumb can't reach across to the top left corner anymore. :mad:

I always had room in the Cloud prior to getting the 6. Now that I've upgraded I got the message that I don't have enough room to back up the phone to the Cloud anymore. I think it's just a skangy way of getting $0.99 a month from me from now on. Also, I'm sure I'll get used to it, but I'm already finding instances in which I have to use 2 hands on the phone. My damn stubby thumb can't reach across to the top left corner anymore. :mad:

Force yourself to start using the reachability feature by double touching the home button. I'm sure we will all adjust in time but I can't reach the top left corner anymore either lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Finally done with the cloud stuff. Must have been some music I have on the cloud. Gotta go get a few albums when I sync tomorrow.

The one thing I'm not liking in iOS 8 is the changes to the photos. I get recently added is now basically photo stream but seeing stuff I took with my iPhone in my collection part of my iPad seems strange.

Last edited:
I don't have photo stream on my 6 but I have it on my updated iPad. Not sure why because I have everything set the same on each device.

iOS 8 gets ride of it on everything it appears. Just don't want photos I take with my phone to eat up memory on my iPad if they did make that change.

Is this an iOS8 specific issue you're seeing? Could be a bug if so.

Otherwise, general information: Tags and sorting. If it's a "Various Artists" release, then make sure all the tracks are tagged with compilation flag set to YES - if everything else is correct, such as album name, and year, then that should make sure everything is grouped together if all album tracks are by different artists. It will sort under Various Artists in such a case.

The alternative, used for non-VA albums that have guest tracks, is to set ALBUM ARTIST to the primary artist and then you can have compilation set to NO and it will still group when track artists differ (album name the same).

All my music is precisely tagged for maximum compatibility with iTunes, iOS and Slim Server (aka Squeezebox Server aka Logitech Media Server)

DazzlingImpureEyelashpitviper.gif

I remember thinking to myself that I see how that guy dropped his while I was opening mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back