The All Things THE DEAD Thread (read)- BRAINSSSSS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So PZ's value is rising to $500 now? :google

I figure a collectible is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. IMO, eBay has really set an unreliable standard for what a collectible is worth. One day a fig. can go for X amount and the next day it could sell for +/- that same amount. I figured the longer I waited to purchase PZ...the harder it would be to find one at a lower price. With only 300 out there...there is no telling how many made it into collections. Knowing my luck...one will pop up on eBay tomorrow for $99.99! :)

I did miss one early in my search (when he was more like a $200 figure) sell on a BIN for $75 :google

But I think at this point anyone with the figure is aware enough of its value that we won't see that happening again.

Thank you! I saw the RPD version...too much! I like the Leon/brown jacket version. I see two auctions on eBay now...one going for $125+ with two days and a BIN for $200. My son loves RE 4, but my wife would kill me if she knew what I paid for some of these figs. Cornerstone was out of Leon, but had Jack and Chainsaw figs. way below retail. Thanks for the heads-up!

Actually you might want to check out the commerce section here in the forums. You might find a better deal with a bit of searching and most go through PayPal anyway so you're protected.

sealed maybe, but even that's a stretch.

I've seen them go for as high as $600, especially around Spooktacular.

I received the Security Guard, Doctor and Corporate Spokesman in the mail a few days ago and Patient Zero arrived yesterday. My favorite out of the three has to be the Security Guard. Very nice job with the sculpt and the accessories. The Corporate Spokesman is my very close second. Only negative is that my briefcase won't stay closed...not sure it it should though.

I have Patient Zero sitting here on my desk...I feel dirty for wanting to open it. I am going to wait for a few days as I have been busy with work and getting ready to move. Perhaps I will open him up this coming weekend at the new house.

I have Santa and the Babysitter coming from Monkey Depot and I scored a Hot Toys Resident Evil 4 Leon w/ brown coat from eBay. So I have plenty to look forward to the next few days! :joy

I received the Security Guard, Doctor and Corporate Spokesman in the mail a few days ago and Patient Zero arrived yesterday. My favorite out of the three has to be the Security Guard. Very nice job with the sculpt and the accessories. The Corporate Spokesman is my very close second. Only negative is that my briefcase won't stay closed...not sure it it should though.

I have Patient Zero sitting here on my desk...I feel dirty for wanting to open it. I am going to wait for a few days as I have been busy with work and getting ready to move. Perhaps I will open him up this coming weekend at the new house.

I have Santa and the Babysitter coming from Monkey Depot and I scored a Hot Toys Resident Evil 4 Leon w/ brown coat from eBay. So I have plenty to look forward to the next few days! :joy

I had them all at one point but was missing the PZ. He was a grail of mine, only showing up when I had no money and several deals that fell through. Once I finally had the cash to acquire him and had him in hand, I was more than disappointed. $300+ for the PZ is just not worth it in my opinion considering he is probably one of the worst in the series. The nostalgia of owning him is worth a little, but I could never imagine spending $500 or more on him. At this point, after briefly having him in my collection, I've come to realize that sometimes being a completist is just not worth it.

I had them all at one point but was missing the PZ. He was a grail of mine, only showing up when I had no money and several deals that fell through. Once I finally had the cash to acquire him and had him in hand, I was more than disappointed. $300+ for the PZ is just not worth it in my opinion considering he is probably one of the worst in the series. The nostalgia of owning him is worth a little, but I could never imagine spending $500 or more on him. At this point, after briefly having him in my collection, I've come to realize that sometimes being a completist is just not worth it.

I spent $210 on him and IMO he's well worth it. That's not justifying the price at all but simply stating that he's just way cool. He's a simple design but thats what sets him apart and makes him special really. As far as him being the worst or one of in this series I think thats your buyers remorse talking than the actual justification on the figure itself.

Damn...

I swore I'd never start collecting figures, but these are too cool. I have a sealed PZ on the way and I just won a brand new/sealed subject 57 ex. for $47.02 :banana

I should have my 12" PZ next week. Didn't plan on getting him but the price was right. Only other dead figure I have so far is the Doctor in blue scrubs. Going to end up getting them all. Should make for a cool halloween display.

Last edited:
Damn...

I swore I'd never start collecting figures, but these are too cool. I have a sealed PZ on the way and I just won a brand new/sealed subject 57 ex. for $47.02

So you got my blue scrub Subject 57 !! Enjoy him , he shipped yesterday .:D

With only 300 make, but so many talking about owning one, I'm beginning to wonder how many bootleg copies of the figure are out there. I was once offered one a few years ago.

When do you think the next Dead announcement will be?
What was the Ground Hog day deal? Did that pan out?
I want a new Dead figure now!
To quote Diary of the Dead "Dead Doctor, dead nurse."
I'd love to see a Dead nurse!
:chew

I know a lot of you didn't like Diary of the Dead so please, no smart ass comments.

:chew

These are so cool. Only one I had until now was the Doctor and yesterday received the Mall Santa and Harbinger. Opened them all up today. I'm not a 1/6 collector but really dig these. Next on my list are the security guard and corporate spokesperson

You've been infected, just like me. I picked up one of each within a very short time. No PZ of course, but that will be fixed when my exclusive PF shows!

My PZ came today.

Here's some pics.

3354788376_5bca9cd7a4.jpg

3354788776_1baae4900e.jpg

3353969767_f7028bca3d.jpg

3353967945_3e865c28f3_b.jpg

Last edited:
Back