The All Things THE DEAD Thread (read)- BRAINSSSSS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been looking through this thread for quite some time...

Anyone know where a good place to buy clothes for customizing these figures?

I got my Harbinger yesterday and wasn’t really thrilled with it. The detail on the head wasn’t as good as the Sideshow photos and on top of that there’s the neck, and forearm issues. The new body to me is weak at the hips, and mine has a problem with the feet and elbow posts working out of the sockets. I was already disappointment with the green skinned Subject 805 T.C.U.O. and the Street Prophet (hair falling off in the box), so with the added price, multiple variants, reduced quality (no sculpted necks and forearms) and what I think to be a lesser grade body, I’m thinking of calling it quits as well. I wish they would go back to three figures a year with one or two exclusives. To me it made the line more special, and they had time to do everything right, now it just seems to be like any other, anything and everything is being cranked out to make money. I may be just blue over it now, but if the next Dead isn’t a home run I may be doing more than thinking.

I got my Harbinger yesterday and wasn’t really thrilled with it. The detail on the head wasn’t as good as the Sideshow photos and on top of that there’s the neck, and forearm issues. The new body to me is weak at the hips, and mine has a problem with the feet and elbow posts working out of the sockets. I was already disappointment with the green skinned Subject 805 T.C.U.O. and the Street Prophet (hair falling off in the box), so with the added price, multiple variants, reduced quality (no sculpted necks and forearms) and what I think to be a lesser grade body, I’m thinking of calling it quits as well. I wish they would go back to three figures a year with one or two exclusives. To me it made the line more special, and they had time to do everything right, now it just seems to be like any other, anything and everything is being cranked out to make money. I may be just blue over it now, but if the next Dead isn’t a home run I may be doing more than thinking.

Nice honest review. Glad I never bought him...till he gets on the GC list.

Still waiting for Haz Mat Subject.

Not Dead related...but more Zombie related...but I was quite bored, and I decided to play around in PS. Its the story of the Zombie attacks! Woo! Original I know...but still...

Zombie1.jpg

Zombie2.jpg

zombie3.jpg

zombie4.jpg

zombie5.jpg

zombie6.jpg

nom

zombie7.jpg

:joy
I just won a Prophecy Zombie from Sideshow!!!!!!
I reeeeeeealy wanted to buy one and was saving up, now I don't have to!
So glad I entered the prophecy contest, I spent an hour trying to think of something and just barely met the Deadline.
:blissy:blissy:blissy:blissy:blissy

Thanks Sideshow!! :D

Awesome for you! I also entered but put a really practical prophecy which was that Sideshow would create an Alien Queen Diorama from the film Aliens. Well, I woke up the next morning to see my dream had become a reality!

So what was your prophecy?

Awesome for you! I also entered but put a really practical prophecy which was that Sideshow would create an Alien Queen Diorama from the film Aliens. Well, I woke up the next morning to see my dream had become a reality!

So what was your prophecy?

Golden Girls Premium Format figures, they're bound to happen someday. :D

You might laugh, but I have a die-hard Golden Girls fan in the house. Has every season on DVD and watches them every night at bedtime. And people look at me strange for my collecting habits!

You might laugh, but I have a die-hard Golden Girls fan in the house. Has every season on DVD and watches them every night at bedtime. And people look at me strange for my collecting habits!

Actually, back in the 80's my Grandmother had to babysit me for a period and there was only one TV in her house, and no Cable.
I started to like the show, it's more controversial then most people think.

:joy
I just won a Prophecy Zombie from Sideshow!!!!!!
I reeeeeeealy wanted to buy one and was saving up, now I don't have to!
So glad I entered the prophecy contest, I spent an hour trying to think of something and just barely met the Deadline.
:blissy:blissy:blissy:blissy:blissy

Thanks Sideshow!! :D

Kongrats!! Glad a freak won one.

We know. It's you. You just lied and told us you were watching the old Universal monster flicks. Look on the bright side though, you have a buddy to take with you to therapy:

Actually, back in the 80's my Grandmother had to babysit me for a period and there was only one TV in her house, and no Cable. I started to like the show, it's more controversial then most people think.

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Sitting here checking through my emails, and I just realized that I'm currently tracking four Dead figures coming my way. I've got a Santa from Monkey Depot for a great price. Thanks again for the tip magman! A Harbinger from Viking Playground. An exclusive Street Prophet directly from SS, because I was suckered in for the free gift again. And finally a Spooktacular exclusive version of the Corporate Spokesman from a fellow freak.

My Dead count will rise to eight within a few short days!

:lol

Back