The "All things TERMINATOR" thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not seeing it. If not for the obvious fact that she has female breasts she looks completely androgynous to me there. Which might not be bad depending on what they're going for. Mel Gibson had Satan played by an androgynous looking woman who was then dubbed by a man to give him an extra creepy off-kilter vibe and they could be going for something similar with this movie (hopefully.)

Sounds like it's the hair that's throwing you off. To me, there's no ambiguity there with regard to her soft feminine facial features and body pose. The small boobs and attire couldn't solely be attributed to your perception of androgyny because Linda Hamilton essentially wore the same outfit - albeit a black wife-beater - in her desert scenes. The only thing different, is the hair.

The promo pic, on the other hand, is much more ambiguous coupled with her androgynous facial features and butch-like body positioning.

that image is just bad.....

Can we just get back to films with both sexes as the leads?

Sci-Fi films are male dominated audiences....and they like male dominated films......just a truth.

While filming T6

XDlY5S1.jpg

Arnold looks cool as hell. The bearded look might be cool for a Terminator.

Glad this is going to pick up after T2 and push all the other stuff out of canon. I did like the Terminatrix design, but that was about it. If there is a female Terminator this time I will be curious to see if the endo resembles the TX.

Arnold looks good. Hopefully he isn't just shoehorned into the narrative. To me that was one of the detriments that hamstrung the sequels, although never saw Genisys.

Glad this is going to pick up after T2 and push all the other stuff out of canon.

Nothing to be excited about though really, both T4 and Genisys did that, making no particular reference to T3 and T4 respectively. And you have to be instantly sceptical when they talk about making another trilogy out of it - as both T4 and Genisys did - and both failed to be popular enough to actually get second and third parts. I have virtually zero confidence that this will be any different. The feminist push they're giving it, rightly or wrongly, will harm it if anything, a lesson studios are just refusing to learn.

Last edited:
Cameron being involved with this used to make me feel better,
Now I am wondering if he’s going the George Lucas route

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I really hate when studios start talking about trilogies before a movie is release. It's like saying, "we have a whole plan mapped out to get your money and keep ourselves employed" rather than "we've made an incredible film that is going to blow you away." We know studios like to milk these franchises for everything they're worth. I agree having Cameron come back was a bit encouraging until I remembered the video of him praising Genysis. I also remembered how much I was looking forward to Prometheus with Ridley Scott at the helm. Which then brought us Covenant. Thank god he didn't direct Bladerunner 2049. Like the upcoming Predator movie, this Terminator could be make or break for the franchise--a rebirth or a last gasp. It would be great to see them get this one right, but who knows.

This will flop- not as hard as the last one but it will make something like $130 million domestic but it'll cost that and more to make. Franchise over.

Everything after the first is like fanfiction to me, with T2 being like the ultimate god damn masterpiece of fanfiction ever created. Still an unnecessary story in relation to the first film, which had a completely shut door ending.

This new one probably only has to top T3 and Salvation to get people talking, which is a pretty low bar. Seems like it would be easy, but I said the same thing before Genisys came out.

Nothing to be excited about though really, both T4 and Genisys did that, making no particular reference to T3 and T4 respectively. And you have to be instantly sceptical when they talk about making another trilogy out of it - as both T4 and Genisys did - and both failed to be popular enough to actually get second and third parts. I have virtually zero confidence that this will be any different. The feminist push they're giving it, rightly or wrongly, will harm it if anything, a lesson studios are just refusing to learn.

This. I´m kinda interested where this is going, but confidence in it?! Nah.

Back