The "All things TERMINATOR" thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Comments all over the internet are all making Ghostbusters 2016, Oceans 8 references. It's hard not to agree with their validity.

While yes, Terminator 1 and 2 presented a great feminist icon in Sarah Connor, they were still movies that mainly appealed to men. And look at The Sherminator in American Pie - he was ridiculed by the female characters in that movie for being a Terminator fan :lol

So I don't know why they think it's a good idea to market this movie towards women.

Cause SJWs always double down.

So far, audiences have responded with their wallets. After enough bombs, Hollywood MIGHT get the hint that we don't want to be preached at, just entertained.

:lol :lol :lol

This might just turn out to be as bad as that Predator movie lol

I’m sorry but LH looks dumb in that attempt at T2 greatness get up.

View attachment 421451

I think Hamilton looks cool but the the androgynous character in the center just looks weird and the chick on the left looks like some precocious Disney Channel actress (despite her attempt at a frowny face) and doesn't look like she fits in with the Terminator franchise at all. I also don't like they grey/brown Terminator Salvation-esque color palette. Even Genysis knew the importance of applying Cameron's signature blue tint in order to have any hopes of it feeling like a "real" entry in the series.

Marketing seems so focused to crank out a photo to show off the female leads that they didn't think through what else the photo conveys, it's like they said, perfect, people will look at this and go "yay, it's the Terminator chicks" when instead, everyone is thinking, "why the **** are these 3 people standing together."

everyone is thinking, "why the **** are these 3 people standing together."

Or rather everyone is thinking "why the **** are these 3 people standing together, oh yeah, SJW bullcrap" which is pretty much the worst possible conclusion you want longtime fans of the franchise to be coming to with your first official promo pic. :slap

I have no problem with diversity, my issue with this photo is that without knowing much about the movie, those 3 women could not look more out of place together.

Compare to the T2 promo.

55.jpg

They look like their lives intertwine, but the looks of each of these women seems like 3 separate stories that for now, would not make sense coming together.

It's a weird promo shot. Linda Hamilton looks as good as she can possibly look, so that's good. The tall skinny guy seems to be some kind of hybrid, maybe? And the Mexican (probably) girl seems to be the new 84 Linda Hamilton type character, except that she's not a waitress and she's wearing a mechanic uniform, so she's probably a genius mechanic or something. There's only one thing missing from that Terminator promo....a Terminator. :lol

Compare to the T2 promo.

55.jpg

Damn you Clown Prince for putting it in my head that I now need a NECA T-800, Sarah and John to recreate these promo shots.

It's a weird promo shot. Linda Hamilton looks as good as she can possibly look, so that's good. The tall skinny guy seems to be some kind of hybrid, maybe? And the Mexican (probably) girl seems to be the new 84 Linda Hamilton type character, except that she's not a waitress and she's wearing a mechanic uniform, so she's probably a genius mechanic or something. There's only one thing missing from that Terminator promo....a Terminator. :lol

I'm guessing the one in the middle with the weird scars is the Marcus Wright of this film and thus, a Terminator - on the side of humans because we can't not have goodie Terminators anymore.

Or rather everyone is thinking "why the **** are these 3 people standing together, oh yeah, SJW bullcrap" which is pretty much the worst possible conclusion you want longtime fans of the franchise to be coming to with your first official promo pic. :slap

I honestly don't get it. One would think the execs behind this stuff really, at the end of the day, only care about profits. So why keep ignoring the obvious dislike/unpopularity of turning largely male-fanbase properties into this stuff?

I honestly don't get it. One would think the execs behind this stuff really, at the end of the day, only care about profits. So why keep ignoring the obvious dislike/unpopularity of turning largely male-fanbase properties into this stuff?

Bring on the all-female "HEAT" remake directed by Michelle Womann, lol.

Now maybe that's just a bad promo pic and the marketing director simply needs to be fired but I can't help but shake my head at how obnoxious so many studios tend to be with regard to pushing the supposed "diversity" angle. Especially in genre films where it's so unnecessary.

I mean look at these promo pics from 30 years ago:

aliens-lg.jpg

No dudes in that shot but it's all about the atmosphere and implied off-screen danger. I *want* to see more when I look at that pic. And I certainly never wondered what comedy sitcom that the little girl might be from, she has always looked like some messed up kid in tons of danger.

Or this one that shows not one, not two, but four females in a traditionally all-male environment without beating you over the head in self-congratulatory fashion:

promo010.jpg

Again I never once looked at that pic and became instantly aware of how many chicks vs. dudes there are I just wanted to know what they were up against. Get a clue Hollywood!

Hollywood marketing has gotten lazy, the days of classy photos and taking time to stage stuff like those Aliens shots are gone, we live in the age of rushed photoshop work and logo posters.

Bring on the all-female "HEAT" remake directed by Michelle Womann, lol.

Mann is working on a prequel novel for the movie. We will learn all about how McCauley was trained by an expert female rounder - that Jimmy McElwain who gave Neil his 30 Seconds mantra? Yeah, try Jeanine McElwain, ****bird. He kept her true identity hidden all these years. Best thief he ever met, real highline pro.

Back