The "All things TERMINATOR" thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Terminator 3 was very much a product of its time. It didn't take itself seriously, which action movies really couldn't afford to do around the time it came out fifteen years ago. Action movies that did take themselves seriously back then weren't really taken seriously by anybody else.

T3 is a less creative T2, but the ending is gives us what T1 promised. The action isn't bad either. Genesis craped on John Connor, T1, T2, the t-800 and Kye Reese by casting a ****** bag. Not to mention, the ending is a crappier version of T2....but much safer, and predictable. I may not consider T3 "canon", but it's at least a Terminator film. I don't even consider Genesis a Terminator film.

T3 is a less creative T2, but the ending is gives us what T1 promised. The action isn't bad either. Genesis craped on John Connor, T1, T2, the t-800 and Kye Reese by casting a ****** bag. Not to mention, the ending is a crappier version of T2....but much safer, and predictable. I may not consider T3 "canon", but it's at least a Terminator film. I don't even consider Genesis a Terminator film.

That's sort of where I'm coming from but you've arrived at the opposite opinion. Both T3 and Genisys are crap, but, for me, the latter is enjoyable crap because I can't even come close to considering it a Terminator film. T3 is T2 without any heart, humour without proper context and the beginning of cartoon CG action in the franchise. It contradicted T2's message and didn't even compensate with anything that I can say I was glad to see.

I suppose it's a case of you either have to nail it or not even try and just take the absolute piss. Anything in between is the worst thing it could be IMO. So T6 has its work cut out, bit of a tightrope there.

So T6 has its work cut out, bit of a tightrope there.

T6 is DOA. Terminator is all about prime Arnold and a premise that only works in one movie...maybe two, because Jim C pulled a miracle out of his ass. The franchise has struggled to move past Arnold, so they keep bringing him back, but Arnold...ain't even Arnold anymore, so whatever they do, it won't be good enough. It can be different, but it won't be T1 or T2, nothing will.

Before Fury Road and BR 2049 I would have believed you. But after two top shelf sequels without the original star in his prime (or there at all) anything's possible at this point. Are the odds that T6 will be great? Of course not, but stranger things have happened.

Both BR2049 and MM:FR had an intriguing plot and not just a rehash of the story, so many sequels just replay along the original stories route but with new locations and characters. Since T2 every Terminator film has the premise of a good terminator protecting the heroine or hero from a bad terminator, the good terminator always degrades as the story progresses and ultimately dies. T:S introduced the future war but still managed to follow the principle from previous films. T:G changed it around a bit but ruined it with their "shock twist", especially when it was revealed prior to release.

T6 looks to be old school, but does it just re-tread the footsteps of earlier films?

Both BR2049 and MM:FR had an intriguing plot and not just a rehash of the story, so many sequels just replay along the original stories route but with new locations and characters. Since T2 every Terminator film has the premise of a good terminator protecting the heroine or hero from a bad terminator, the good terminator always degrades as the story progresses and ultimately dies. T:S introduced the future war but still managed to follow the principle from previous films. T:G changed it around a bit but ruined it with their "shock twist", especially when it was revealed prior to release.

T6 looks to be old school, but does it just re-tread the footsteps of earlier films?

A t least in T3, the machines won, sort of. That was different.

I love Salvation- it to me was the only one after T2 that stood on it's own and had a decent story. I don't get the hate on it.
I believe T6 has a chance at being very very good but it will bomb at the box office- no one cares about a new Terminator movie. Most kids look at the character as a nostalgia thing as a curiosity

I love Salvation- it to me was the only one after T2 that stood on it's own and had a decent story. I don't get the hate on it.
I believe T6 has a chance at being very very good but it will bomb at the box office- no one cares about a new Terminator movie. Most kids look at the character as a nostalgia thing as a curiosity

I don't dislike TS, but I thought it was a bit boring. I'll say this, the giant terminator robot was scary....something about the robotic sounds and that thing being so big, I thought it was scary...but I have a deep fear of large, faceless robots.

The sounds that thing makes is the stuff of nightmares for me. :lol

I like Terminator Salvation. I thought Bale was decent as an adult John Connor. I was hoping they would have continued the war against the machines in sequels.

I hate Genisys. That movie is awful.

Bale was one of the worst choice for adult John Connor. He just lacks the charisma completely for the role...also I like him but he just does not have the acting skills to play him. I like Bale don't get me wrong but he is not that good.

I don't dislike TS, but I thought it was a bit boring. I'll say this, the giant terminator robot was scary....something about the robotic sounds and that thing being so big, I thought it was scary...but I have a deep fear of large, faceless robots.

The sounds that thing makes is the stuff of nightmares for me. :lol

Reminded me of the Alien machine sound from War of the Worlds.

Last edited:
Back