The "All things TERMINATOR" thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have faith in Cameron anymore. He hasn't done anything since 2009's Avatar (which I thought was absolute ****) except work on more Avatar films and tease a Battle Angel film that he's been working on for ten years. He completely sold out when hyping up Genisys as something it wasn't, and he wears ugly shirts. He can say whatever he wants, but I'll believe this is getting released when it's actually in theaters. Even then, I highly doubt it's going to live up to anyone's expectations.

This feels like an attempt to mirror the SW continuation......

Use original characters to "anchor" the story of new characters....

I dunno if that formula is working with SW yet...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lil bit.

I don't have faith in Cameron anymore. He hasn't done anything since 2009's Avatar (which I thought was absolute ****) except work on more Avatar films and tease a Battle Angel film that he's been working on for ten years. He completely sold out when hyping up Genisys as something it wasn't, and he wears ugly shirts. He can say whatever he wants, but I'll believe this is getting released when it's actually in theaters. Even then, I highly doubt it's going to live up to anyone's expectations.

Butt... butt... muh ocean...

It is a very ****** film outside of the technical achievements and crystallizes how much that man knows nothing about relationships and romance :lol there's a lot of awful writing in it.

Ugh do people really want to see some new 18 year old female lead? Surely the majority of Terminator fans are 30+ years old now and watching movies and shows with teenagers of today is bloody annoying.

I'll be happy to see Linda return, but God knows what they will have her do.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It is a very ****** film outside of the technical achievements and crystallizes how much that man knows nothing about relationships and romance :lol there's a lot of awful writing in it.

Cameron is a great movie tech guy. Unfortunately, he may have hit the point where he needs to keep doing that instead of writing screenplays. Avatar was a visual spectacle, but the story was predictable and absolute **** so I don't think I can sit through any more of them. Titanic was the same--cool underwater footage and CGI ship going down--plus Winslet's boobies--but everything else was predictable and boring to me.

Cameron is a great movie tech guy. Unfortunately, he may have hit the point where he needs to keep doing that instead of writing screenplays. Avatar was a visual spectacle, but the story was predictable and absolute **** so I don't think I can sit through any more of them. Titanic was the same--cool underwater footage and CGI ship going down--plus Winslet's boobies--but everything else was predictable and boring to me.

I actually knew someone who was whole heartedly surprised at Titanic. They knew so little about it, it was as if they were hearing about the disaster for the first time, 12yrs after the wreck was even found and then known she broke in two (which represented the biggest shock factor for this person).

+1 on Winslet's life preservers....

Perhaps Cameron should have been called on board for this:

MV5BMTMxMjQ1MjA5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjIzNjg1Mw@@._V1_.jpg

But as to whether or not Cameron will be able to do justice to whatever iteration of future Terminator movie, I don't hold out much hope as you really can't believe a thing he says anymore. First, pontificating to no end about 5 Avatar sequels, then saying he wants to make NOTHING else BUT Avatar movies, then the 'you will love it' BS he was paid to say regarding Gene****, and now he's going to do a direct sequel to T2? It has about as much chance at becoming a reality as Bloomkampt's Aliens direct sequel.

:lol :lol

I may be in the minority about Titanic. I mean, it made a **** load of money so people apparently loved it. I also may be a bit jaded about it since I worked at a movie theater when it was released. Day after day of listening to Celine Dion will break a man.

I may be in the minority about Titanic. I mean, it made a **** load of money so people apparently loved it. I also may be a bit jaded about it since I worked at a movie theater when it was released. Day after day of listening to Celine Dion will break a man.

It wasn't a horrible movie, and to tell the story of the historic event I think he did a great job. Without the love angle the movie would not have had as much wide appeal, so he knew he had to bring that angle to it.

I hear you re: Celine, I was working at a law firm copy room/office service dept when that movie was out and KRBE (local radio) literally would play that song, GUARANTEED at least 4 times an hr. The girl in the department loved it of course and we were subjected to it and the other latter 90's crap on the radio at the time...I do believe they actually played the song twice in a row more than a few times on that station.

I still like Titanic although the fact that the sinking is probably no longer totally accurate bugs me a little :lol

yeah and even Cameron said he wasn't gonna go back and re-do the FX shot of the breakup to be more accurate. Thank god, as we don't need another director screwing with his films endlessly.....imagine if Cameron had the same disease that Lucas does and went back and re-did all the FX shots for T1 for an uber blu ray release...

His best films will always be T1, Aliens and T2. Honorable mention for Abyss and Titanic (shared 4th).

yeah and even Cameron said he wasn't gonna go back and re-do the FX shot of the breakup to be more accurate.

The thing is even I always knew something couldn't have been right about the way it happened in the film. If it had happened like that everyone would have seen it - there'd have been no doubt that the ship broke in two - and yet no one knew for sure until the wreck was found. That fact alone would have led me to conclude that the breakup was less easily seen, that maybe you had to be on a lifeboat at a certain side of the ship to see it happen or whatever.

Cameron's an intelligent man so I'm surprised he didn't likewise think about it this way.

lol that is so accurate.

My only memory of Titanic was that song and women in 1999 pointing out that Phantom Menace would never beat Titanic’s box office which also turned out to be accurate lol.

lol that is so accurate.

My only memory of Titanic was that song and women in 1999 pointing out that Phantom Menace would never beat Titanic’s box office which also turned out to be accurate lol.

Proof that I must be a sucker for punishement--I used to bartend at Caesar's Palace in the Colosseum where Celine does her show. Night after night listening to her sing has made me very good at selective hearing.

I totally understand wanting to make a movie about the titanic,

But i will never understand why he made it a sappy cheesy romance.
Thats not even a genre he was famous for or experienced in.

I know it made money that way, but i never understood why he took that route.

Only way to get it easily funded by a major producer(s).

You just answered your own question lol

Terminator 6: Arnold Schwarzenegger REVEALS which other movies it will ‘completely IGNORE’

Speaking with The Terminator Fans, the 70-year-old star said: “The sixth Terminator movie is definitely going to ignore Terminator Genisys.

He added: “And there is a high probability that Terminator 3 and Salvation will be ignored too if this is a Terminator 2: Judgement Day sequel, as cited of late.”

All the other movies but 1 and 2 be like:

sarah-connor-terminator-genisys-new.jpg

Jye could do probably something creative (weird) with this. :lol

He should stay as a producer since he can't write worth a damn. The Terminator franchise didn't have any writing that was amazing, but wasn't bad either, but has tons of classic lines within them. Biehn really ran with the script and truly made you believe he was a PTSD soldier there from the future to protect Sarah.

As for Cameron, I don't think his early work is a fluke, I just think he's not even remotely the same guy anymore to pull that stuff off again. He's not in it to do anything but go down as the highest grossing director, forever.

And don't forget Winslet's pubic wig :lol

I still remember seeing it with my very first girlfriend when I was like 11 years old... and she was a ***** :lol

Dion's song is nowadays a classic, but it was so drilled into your head back then that if it's on TV or something I have to run for the remote.

Last edited:
Back