The "All things TERMINATOR" thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly think with all the Syfy original movie writing they forced on us with the last one... just stick with the history that we know. Make it the timeline where T2 doesn't exist yet (sorry a-dev) and have Sarah "go into hiding before the war" with John and we get a proper future war film. Show us the 1997 Judgment Day we've been hearing about for 30 years.

If they want this to be another snoreogy, just guide it up to The Terminator Arnie, Reese, Uncle Bob and T-1000 going back in time. It's the best cut off point IMO.

I'd take it back even further where Sarah Connor hooks up with Stan Morski, they have a one night stand after hooking up at that pizza place or tech noir or somwthing and then John is raised by a crazy, militant, single mother. Have judgment day be in '97. Have John meet a young Reese in those camps. Make it a war film.

Then it ends with Connor sending Reese back in time to save his mom, only to be Marty Mcflyed at the end as he's walking out of Skynet's command center. Either that, or he starts to morph into the Furlong/Edwards Connor. Either way, that's what happens since in every universe Kyle basically cucks him.

I'd take it back even further where Sarah Connor hooks up with Stan Morski, they have a one night stand after hooking up at that pizza place or tech noir or somwthing and then John is raised by a crazy, militant, single mother. Have judgment day be in '97. Have John meet a young Reese in those camps. Make it a war film.

Then it ends with Connor sending Reese back in time to save his mom, only to be Marty Mcflyed at the end as he's walking out of Skynet's command center. Either that, or he starts to morph into the Furlong/Edwards Connor. Either way, that's what happens since in every universe Kyle basically cucks him.

You mean Cameron? :lol

I would take that as well. They gotta stop trying to needlessly fix the only two films of the series that aren't broken. As for who the hell the original John Connor was, it probably was Stan's kid. I never bought it that the time travel back to 1984 ALWAYS was a thing in the original timeline.

The bad thing about this being a direct sequel is it ruins the great ending T2 had.

I never bought it that the time travel back to 1984 ALWAYS was a thing in the original timeline.

Yup, it's impossible.

I think it's very telling how flustered Kyle Reeese gets when he's like, "I shouldn't have said that" when he awkwardly confesses his "love" to Sarah. He basically knows he wiped his general/father figure/best friend off the face of the earth at that point. Ironically, he did what Skynet and it's cyborg assassin couldn't do, take out John Connor before he was ever born. You didn't even have to kill Sarah Connor, just get in her pants. :lol

The bad thing about this being a direct sequel is it ruins the great ending T2 had.

Which is why the best thing to do would be to just leave it all alone.

That's what I feel too. It's the perfect bookend. Which is why I feel it's better to just circumnavigate around it within the framework of the already established history of the first two films.

Yup, it's impossible.

I think it's very telling how flustered Kyle Reeese gets when he's like, "I shouldn't have said that" when he awkwardly confesses his "love" to Sarah. He basically knows he wiped his general/father figure off the face at that point. Ironically, he did what Skynet and it's cyborg assassin couldn't do, take out John Connor before he was ever born. You didn't even have to kill Sarah Connor, just get in her pants. :lol

You might be right about that. Now, I'm going to see that scene differently every time now :lol

All this pre-T1/2 talk makes me wonder what were the circumstances that even made the original John become the Resistance leader. I assume the John created through Reese was probably more tougher than the original given Sarah was beating him over the head with military training as early as him taking his first steps.

Which is why the best thing to do would be to just leave it all alone.

Would be best, but you know, money.

I was just thinking about what Sarah's role would be in this next film and I have a theory... they're going to be the hack writers that they are and like with John, they're going to turn her into a Terminator.

God I hope not. I think they learned their lesson from Genisys.

All this pre-T1/2 talk makes me wonder what were the circumstances that even made the original John become the Resistance leader. I assume the John created through Reese was probably more tougher than the original given Sarah was beating him over the head with military training as early as him taking his first steps.

Original John Connor was probably just the strongest guy at the disposal unit camp or something. It's implied that both Connor and Reese are prisoners there. Connor might have just been more seasoned and grizzled from having been older and actually experiencing nuclear war (and fall out) first hand. Reese was born after all that stuff.

According to the original timeline, John would be what, 12 or 13 when the bombs drop? Of course he'd be one of the most hardened people by the 2020s. Wouldn't even need military training from birth to become that.

I was just thinking about what Sarah's role would be in this next film and I have a theory... they're going to be the hack writers that they are and like with John, they're going to turn her into a Terminator.

Already been done in T2. Sarah becomes the Terminator and Miles Dyson becomes Sarah.

But yeah, I could see the doing it literally like they did with John in Genisys. :lol

Original John Connor was probably just the strongest guy at the disposal unit camp or something. It's implied that both Connor and Reese are prisoners there. Connor might have just been more seasoned and grizzled from having been older and actually experiencing nuclear war (and fall out) first hand. Reese was born after all that stuff.

According to the original timeline, John would be what, 12 or 13 when the bombs drop? Of course he'd be one of the most hardened people by the 2020s. Wouldn't even need military training from birth to become that.

He's a lot like Batman in the sense he lived through a heinous and traumatic event as a kid, and then became a superhero.

Already been done in T2. Sarah becomes the Terminator and Miles Dyson becomes Sarah.

But yeah, I could see the doing it literally like they did with John in Genisys. :lol

:lol yeah I know that was Cameron's intention, and was done very well that when I was a dumb little kid I didn't pick up on the subtly of it, as I'm sure it happened with many others when they first saw it.

I honestly would of loved that angle in T5... if it wasn't blatantly spoiled in posters and trailers.

So basically Terminator Genisys?

What movie where you watching? They still had Sarah Conner, Kyle Reese, the Arnold T-800 Terminator, and John Connor, all the same characters. While I like the characters in T1 and T2, the story doesn't need to center on them, the proper actors needed to portray them are either not interested, got old, or unusable so time to move on to new characters and new actors.

Wasn't there murmurings that with the timeline change in the last one that John was going to be a girl? :lol

News to me; and it's a stupid idea. They don't need to recast john, just kill the character somehow and start over with a new story line.

Theyre supposedly looking for a 18 year old girl to play the lead in the new film.

This feels like an attempt to mirror the SW continuation......

Use original characters to "anchor" the story of new characters....

I dunno if that formula is working with SW yet...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back