The "All things TERMINATOR" thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The "All things Terminator" thread.

Possibly. I love that theory. That it hasn't always been a time paradox. There was an original John Connor born of Sarah and some random other man and that Kyle Reese inadvertently wiped this John Connor from existence. Once she became pregnant after having sex with Reese during that very first time-incursion Sarah assumed the child was the John Connor and never conceives the original John.

Luckily the new John goes on to fulfil the same role.

Either that or it was all a causal loop - but then that would make it all rather pointless really because there's no way Sarah and John could ever prevent armageddon.

Ah, time travel.

Either that or it was all a causal loop - but then that would make it all rather pointless really because there's no way Sarah and John could ever prevent armageddon.

Ah, time travel.

This cracks me up :lol

My ranking.

1. T2

2. T1

3. T3

4. TG

5. TS

T3 wasn't as good as the first two films, but at least the plot was consistent with T1 and T2 and the film had a good ending setting up the future war and John as the future "savior," which is what was expected to happen after T1, until they introduced the idea of stopping judgment day in T2.

Terminator G was just silly, imo. Sure, it had some fan service with those lazy, poorly recreated images from T1, but the plot was ridiculous and the film still had the awful T3 humor along with Jay Courtney as Kyle Reese to remind you of how you'd be better off watching the original film instead.T3 may have made T2 pointless, but Genesis erases T2 completely.

That's true. I was mega pissed when I first heard that Genesis would erase the T1&2 timelines, but by the time the movie actually came out I'd mellowed a bit and realised that it really didn't matter that much. Movies like that can be pretty easy to ignore, really.

Just noticed half of the franchise had a Rotten Tomatoes score of over 90%, while another half scored from 70's to mid 20's. Yikes.

Great list. One of my favorite moments is when Arnie goes in the club and he breaks the guy's hand without looking. It's a small moment, but I like it.

"Hey that guy didn't pay!!!"

I was clearing out some DVD's the other day and I found the original dvd from the late 90's before they came out with the special edition with the redone audio and extra footage/documentary. Interestingly I prefer the old mono audio soundtrack in this one for sound FX vs. the special edition. I hate the way the gunshots sound in the special edition vs. this one. It's much better

71QQRZPATYL.gif

I thought I got rid of it honestly, but glad I kept it!

I'll play along too, if I rank them it's

T1
T2
TSCC
T3 (i'm the minority who liked T3)
TS
TG

Last year I re watched the 2 seasons of TSCC and despite for a few 'filler' episodes in the 2nd season which were snoozers (Sarah's dreaming/hospital one and the old Terminator in the wall) it's a shame they canned that show, had lots of potential. I still wonder, did Derek actually kill Jesse...

I was clearing out some DVD's the other day and I found the original dvd from the late 90's before they came out with the special edition with the redone audio and extra footage/documentary. Interestingly I prefer the old mono audio soundtrack in this one for sound FX vs. the special edition. I hate the way the gunshots sound in the special edition vs. this one. It's much better

Yes I greatly agree. I wasn't even aware that those changes had been made a while back and I thought it was quite jarring to hear the new gunshot audio when T1 was re-released in theaters last year.

There's just T1 and T2 for me. I've seen all the other ones and just choose to ignore them.

Keep it, the original Mono mix is VASTLY superior than the 5.1 mix. As an audiophile, I cringe listening to the new mix. It would have been fine if the newer release lets people choose between the new and old mix, but that's not the case. I'm in the process of mixing the remastered blu ray with the original sound, but my PC takes hours to re-code videos.

Last year I re watched the 2 seasons of TSCC and despite for a few 'filler' episodes in the 2nd season which were snoozers (Sarah's dreaming/hospital one and the old Terminator in the wall) it's a shame they canned that show, had lots of potential. I still wonder, did Derek actually kill Jesse...

He probably did. That Jesse wasn't the same Jesse he knew because of the altered timeline.

The real quandary for myself, anyway, is which is my favourite film, T1 or T2?! I find it really hard to elevate one above the other.

The real quandary for myself, anyway, is which is my favourite film, T1 or T2?! I find it really hard to elevate one above the other.

I find no need to do so. Perfect showing of Arnie as a 'bad' Terminator. Perfect showing of Arnie as a 'good' Terminator.

John Connor was already the leader of the sperm army in T1. He led a successful attack on Sarah's egg on May 15, 1984 at 2:35 AM. The first of many victories. Thus, the legend of John Connor wad born.

Back