The "All things TERMINATOR" thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
Re: The "All things Terminator" thread.

As for Bale, he's a great actor but never strike me as John Connor. Too much light trashing.

My rankings

1. Terminator: Genisys
2. Terminator: Salvation
3. Terminator
4. Terminator 2
5. Terminator 3

Christian Bale was the best John Connor and he could save the franchise.

hlwSGsE.gif

I'm a simple guy with simple taste:

1. The Terminator.
2. T2.
3. The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

This :lecture

10187b597617485c0c7fd80239cf4a4e.jpg

Can't rotate this one, but this is a sweet Terminator print I own.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Very nice.

For me there's only T1, T2 & TSCC.
And I have no desire to rank them.

Well yeah, T3-5 aren't canon to me either. Although if I do count them as movies that's how I'd rank them.

T3 is the worst because it didn't attempt to do anything new. It was just a pointless tacked-on 3rd film full of bad jokes. Genisys is the best of the crap ones because there was some mildly interesting and fun things going on there.

Man, looking at that GIF, I would pay money for another movie with full evil Arnie again, not just cameos to be blown up. I remember as a kid, evil T-800 was terrifying. #MakeTerminatorScaryAgain

My rankings

1. Terminator: Genisys
2. Terminator: Salvation
3. Terminator
4. Terminator 2
5. Terminator 3

Christian Bale was the best John Connor and he could save the franchise.

Checks date.........nope, it's not April 1st :gah:

Man, looking at that GIF, I would pay money for another movie with full evil Arnie again, not just cameos to be blown up. I remember as a kid, evil T-800 was terrifying. #MakeTerminatorScaryAgain

I'd love another evil Arnie film, but we're perpetually stuck in T2 clones...

you mean old Arnie, like right now? Like a sequel to Genesys?

you mean old Arnie, like right now? Like a sequel to Genesys?

I dunno, something than nothing. I don't mind an old Arnie as evil T-800, if the story works. These newer movies seems to forget that the T-800 are supposed to be scary, instead they treat it like videogame bosses to be beaten in a few minutes.

Heck, if all else fails, I dream we could see a CGI hard R rated, Robocop vs Terminator movie with Arnie and Peter Weller, while they're both still alive to do the voices. :lol

The "All things Terminator" thread.

For me there's only T1, T2 & TSCC.
And I have no desire to rank them.

___

1. The only "future" Conor to have a full role
2. Yet another boring "whydontyoujustkillme" Bale

1. Bale's Connor wasn't really bad ass, more like tryin' too hard to be one
2. Even back there no one believed that Furlong could grew up to be this

That's actually how I felt about Bale's Connor, he seemed to try to be a badass but he just couldn't sell it. I'm sure that's more of McG's fault than Bale's though.

Isn't Furlong's John Connor' technically not original John Connor? I was always a bit confused on this but that Original JC had a different dad compared to Furlong's didn't he?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't Furlong's John Connor technically not original John Connor? I was always a bit confused on this but that Original JC had a different dad compared to Furlong's didn't he?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possibly. I love that theory. That it hasn't always been a time paradox. There was an original John Connor born of Sarah and some random other man and that Kyle Reese inadvertently wiped this John Connor from existence. Once she became pregnant after having sex with Reese during that very first time-incursion Sarah assumed the child was the John Connor and never conceives the original John.

Luckily the new John goes on to fulfil the same role.

Last edited:

That's good, maybe practice in front of a mirror or something.

Furlong's John Connor was cool. He had a bike, wore a Public Enemy shirt, stole money from the man using a computer thingy, and he didn't take **** from Todd and Janelle.

I was thinking about my favourite scenes from T1, obviously tons to choose from, so I did a top 5

5. Gun Store scene 'Wrong'
4. Chase on the freeway with pipe bombs & T-800 getting hit by truck 'Get Out'
3. Tech Noir shootout 'Come with me if you want to live'
2. The Ending ' There's a storm coming'
1. Police Station massacre. 'I'll Be Back'

I was thinking about my favourite scenes from T1, obviously tons to choose from, so I did a top 5

5. Gun Store scene 'Wrong'
4. Chase on the freeway with pipe bombs & T-800 getting hit by truck 'Get Out'
3. Tech Noir shootout 'Come with me if you want to live'
2. The Ending ' There's a storm coming'
1. Police Station massacre. 'I'll Be Back'

Great list. One of my favorite moments is when Arnie goes in the club and he breaks the guy's hand without looking. It's a small moment, but I like it.

Great list. One of my favorite moments is when Arnie goes in the club and he breaks the guy's hand without looking. It's a small moment, but I like it.

Yeah & just before that he brushes the guy with the afro aside. The guy looks at Arnie and thinks better of it to start on him, Thinking about small scenes how about when he chucks the beardy guy out of the telephone booth. :lol I also like the scene when the T-800 is in his hotel room. & the janitor says. ' Hey budy you got a dead cat in there? Terminator then chooses the appropriate response. :lol

Yeah & just before that he brushes the guy with the afro aside. The guy looks at Arnie and thinks better of it to start on him, Thinking about small scenes how about when he chucks the beardy guy out of the telephone booth. :lol I also like the scene when the T-800 is in his hotel room. & the janitor says. ' Hey budy you got a dead cat in there? Terminator then chooses the appropriate response. :lol

I love all those little things too. You just don't find that kind of stuff in any of the later movies.

Back