The "All things TERMINATOR" thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw T2-3D tonight. Pretty good conversion as It does an excellent job at creating depth. I'm disappointed that we won't see a 3D bluray release here in the U.S.

so this is official? won't be a US release? major bummer if it doesn't happen!

i just got back into the 3d bluray love w/ the PSVR. one of the latest updates added support and let me tell you... it is incredible w/ the VR setup! best depth of any 3d movie i've ever seen anywhere! because it is 2 different screens and not over lapping single images... you get no ghosting or anything that looks off. it is amazing and crystal clear! well worth checking out if you have a PSVR!

Yeah it's pretty much official. Unless they decide to release one at a later date. I'm hoping the uk version is region free but I'm sure that's very unlikely.

That's awesome. I want to try and get one of the psVR when they go on sale this Black Friday.

That's pretty bad that this is not the T2 extended cut which got the 3D treatment. I hope to god he (Cameron) doesn't do a 3D treatment of Aliens and uses the theatrical cut...as I heard a rumor mill that he's thinking of it (doing Aliens in 3D). He doesn't care anyway, just wants to make Avatar movies, which was good for one movie, but imho needs no sequel(s)...

So, I was lucky enough to have a chance to go see T2 in 3D.

I have been a fan of this movie since it came out, having toys before even seeing it, but I was only 8 at the time so my first viewing was when it aired on TV and was edited down to a PG / PG-13 version. Eventually I'd go on to see the R cut, but, I have NEVER, seen it in a theater until yesterday.

The 3D was not necessary but it was handled well and enjoyable. Cameron gets the value of 3 better than most studios and filmmakers, I felt like I was right there and could reach out and touch everything and that was awesome. Some shots and scenes shined more than others, including my most favorite at the end when T-800 is lowered into the steel.

I'm so glad to have seem this movie theatrically, this film, Jaws and any original Toho Godzilla film have been tops on my never saw in theaters and really want to list, one down now.

I'm glad this is coming on BR too, the picture quality cleanup looks great, some of the shots used to look washed over in one color or another because of white balance issues but those have all been touched up and look great.

Watching with theatrical surround sound was also really cool.

My only wish was that my first viewing ever had been in theater because there are moments that I felt if I had experienced them first with the big picture and heavy sound, the shock factor would have really got to me, like when T-1000 smashes his hook arm through the squad car window at John.

The best scene in 3D was the future scene at the beginning.
That was my favorite part of the movie in 3D

Thats where the 3D really looked great.
That future scene almost felt like a theme park ride.

I liked the endoskull in the fire coming towards the screen as well. That was super neat. I hope somebody gets a blu Ray 3D release of this, I don't want that to be my last T23D experience.

So, I was lucky enough to have a chance to go see T2 in 3D.

I have been a fan of this movie since it came out, having toys before even seeing it, but I was only 8 at the time so my first viewing was when it aired on TV and was edited down to a PG / PG-13 version. Eventually I'd go on to see the R cut, but, I have NEVER, seen it in a theater until yesterday.

The 3D was not necessary but it was handled well and enjoyable. Cameron gets the value of 3 better than most studios and filmmakers, I felt like I was right there and could reach out and touch everything and that was awesome. Some shots and scenes shined more than others, including my most favorite at the end when T-800 is lowered into the steel.

I'm so glad to have seem this movie theatrically, this film, Jaws and any original Toho Godzilla film have been tops on my never saw in theaters and really want to list, one down now.

I'm glad this is coming on BR too, the picture quality cleanup looks great, some of the shots used to look washed over in one color or another because of white balance issues but those have all been touched up and look great.

Watching with theatrical surround sound was also really cool.

My only wish was that my first viewing ever had been in theater because there are moments that I felt if I had experienced them first with the big picture and heavy sound, the shock factor would have really got to me, like when T-1000 smashes his hook arm through the squad car window at John.

Yeah there are a whole raft of films I wish I had of been old enough to see at the Cinema.

T1&T2
First Blood
Alien/Aliens
The Indy Trilogy
Back To The Future
Robocop
Predator
Die Hard
2001 A Space Odyssey
Superman 1978
Blade Runner

I liked the endoskull in the fire coming towards the screen as well. That was super neat. I hope somebody gets a blu Ray 3D release of this, I don't want that to be my last T23D experience.

Sarah's dream sequence was pretty cool too

What impressed me most with the future war 3D was how well it played out with the abundance of rear projection used to create it.

That was definitely a highlight. As soon as the movie started I was waiting for the pan up shot revealing the endo for the first time and I was thrilled with it.

While not the most interesting overall visual, when ththe helicopter first descends down towards the SWAT van, I felt like I was actually in the air, that was a lot of fun.

Oh, I might be crazy, but I think I saw them CGI Arnold's arm out in the shot where he rips the endo arm off in the gear.

I'm not sure if it was where I was seated ( to the left of the screen ) or if the projection was out of focus but to me the 3d was absolutely useless and I didn't notice it at all. Glad I got to see my second most favourite film of all time on a big screen finally though.

I'm not sure if it was where I was seated ( to the left of the screen ) or if the projection was out of focus but to me the 3d was absolutely useless and I didn't notice it at all. Glad I got to see my second most favourite film of all time on a big screen finally though.

The theater muffed up ours and set it on the wrong 3-D and had to restart the movie

Home from my first ever theatrical viewing of T2 - I was actually kinda glad that it was the original theatrical version because I haven't seen that version in many years and was curious about it. Having seen it again at last I will now say that - as with Aliens - I prefer the extended edition. I wasn't sure if I would feel that way about T2 but I do. The Special Edition stuff does make it a better film - particularly any of the stuff involving John and the T-800, and probably the Miles Dyson stuff aswell.

There was some things that I completely forgot were exclusive to the Special Edition - from the minor - Sarah telling Enrique ''you should get out too. It's dangerous for you here'' and his reply ''show up anytime and totally **** up my life'' to the not so minor - the part in the armory where John asks the T-800 if he is afraid of dying. The whole ''I have to stay functional too. I'm too important'' exchange of dialogue - not in the theatrical cut. I was amazed.

Anyway the 3D - it was fine. It didn't detract from the film but other than a few scenes here and there I barely noticed it at all so overall I'd say it didn't really need it.

The sound was great. Some of the scoring sounded cooler than at home and also I thought much of the dialogue was a lot clearer.

Lastly, I was looking out for the windshield change in the canal chase sequence and it looked great. I also wondered - did they CG Arnold's face over the obvious stuntman in that same scene?

did they CG Arnold's face over the obvious stuntman in that same scene?

Yes, there were 3 stand out moments where practical FX issues were cleaned up, the windshield falling out (which I never noticed until the interview with Cameron), the lingering shot on the stunt driver's face in th canal and Arnolds black arm sleeve when he breaks his arm away at the steel mill, and all were handled well, I only noticed the absence of what I knew was there, I didn't notice what it was replaced with, the changes are seamless.

I definitely noticed the stunt double's face being altered. I was glad they did that. They still messed up on the windshield though. It was intact after initial plunge, then the driver's side half was flopping around loose in its frame, then once again intact until the roof of the cab was sheared off.

I saw it last Sunday. I've only seen one movie (CA Civil War) in a theater that was converted to 3D so in comparison, The conversion of Terminator 2 into 3D was handled exceptionally well! The movie wasn't filmed to take advantage of the technology so it's understandable that it wasn't an incredible 3D experience. My favorite parts of the 3D was the Future War at the beginning and the helicopter freeway chase because they had an incredible depth of field.
The movie was enjoyable. I've seen the original T2 theatrically and many times since so it was a bit hard for me to get into as I know the movie too well. I was kind of hoping they made the 3D version the director's cut of T2 so it would've had a little something new, even though I've seen that version many times as well.
Cameron said if this is successful, the next film of his to get the theatrical 3D rerelease is Aliens! So I'm REALLY hoping T2 3D is successful!

Lastly, I was looking out for the windshield change in the canal chase sequence and it looked great. I also wondered - did they CG Arnold's face over the obvious stuntman in that same scene?

While I was watching it, I had thought "wow, they managed to find an incredible Arnold lookalike stuntman to perform the motorcycle stunts!" :lol
I knew about the windshield fix before and had thought that's all they fixed. Great use of CGI in a special edition, never even noticed it was different!:clap

Back