The "All things TERMINATOR" thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw the new movie last night...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Re: The "All things TERMINATOR" thread.

If they had stuck with Billy Idol as the T-1000 and he made a return along with the other T2 castmembers, we wouldn't have been able to tell him and Sarah Connor apart.

Bryan-Adams-Billy-Idol-announce-joint-summer-concerts.jpg

Another review - major spoilers obviously.

He also brings up the

Spoiler Spoiler:

similarity and how Cameron's opinion on that contradicts what he has endorsed in Dark Fate.

This movie just in line with T3, TS and TG. Another useless sequel wich really serves no purpose. It is very sad what they did for the forth time. They still managed to repeat everything while they showed a big FU into the fans face and they just made the first 2 movies meaningless..and what they did at the beginning...for long years it is very sad to be a terminator fan. This universe had huge potential as showed in books and comics...and yet we have this crap again.

Prequel future movie for the first two...oh no just repeat the damn thing all over again without any creativity. Rename things for the sake of whatever. Meh...I hope this thing wont get a sequel...especially after hearing what Cameron's and Miller's plan is. I dont care about these new characters and for the new future.

And at least Alien 3 did what it did and then presented a totally different scenario than the previous two films.

:lol

Yeah that final act with the plan to trap and kill the Alien, the chasing through the tunnels etc was pretty good.

This movie just in line with T3, TS and TG. Another useless sequel wich really serves no purpose. It is very sad what they did for the forth time. They still managed to repeat everything while they showed a big FU into the fans face and they just made the first 2 movies meaningless..and what they did at the beginning...for long years it is very sad to be a terminator fan. This universe had huge potential as showed in books and comics...and yet we have this crap again.

Prequel future movie for the first two...oh no just repeat the damn thing all over again without any creativity. Rename things for the sake of whatever. Meh...I hope this thing wont get a sequel...especially after hearing what Cameron's and Miller's plan is. I dont care about these new characters and for the new future.

It's so disappointing from Cameron that after all these years - just like any of the other writers/directors who've taken this on - he arrived at the conclusion that the only way to make a third Terminator movie is to take a big ***t on the first two.

From this video, the text at 1:24

What we wanted to get in this first movie was the idea that it's just going to keep happening. The names will change but the basic conflict is going to continue to take place until it gets resolved one way or another

And why couldn't T2 have been that resolution? Oh I know, because that money was made 25 years ago. You want new moneys.

Last edited:
"What we wanted to get in this first movie was the idea that it's just going to keep happening."

Um you mean the idea that was already presented in the original T1 with pregnant Sarah prepping unborn John to send Reese back and start everything all over again? :slap

Yep, T1 already gave us the endless loop and then T2 showed us how the loop might end. Cameron screwed up big with this one. He mashed the opening of Alien 3 (which he hated) with the retread aspect of TFA (which he hated) and then coated the whole thing with cringey identity politics and a "too cute to be a feminist icon" brunette (which he chastised Wonder Woman for.) I don't know that I've seen a filmmaker destroy his own credibility in so many ways with one film before, lol.

"What we wanted to get in this first movie was the idea that it's just going to keep happening."

Um you mean the idea that was already presented in the original T1 with pregnant Sarah prepping unborn John to send Reese back and start everything all over again? :slap

Yep, T1 already gave us the endless loop and then T2 showed us how the loop might end. Cameron screwed up big with this one. He mashed the opening of Alien 3 (which he hated) with the retread aspect of TFA (which he hated) and then coated the whole thing with cringey identity politics and a "too cute to be a feminist icon" brunette (which he chastised Wonder Woman for.) I don't know that I've seen a filmmaker destroy his own credibility in so many ways with one film before, lol.

Brilliant. :lol

Awww man....''it's just going to keep happening''...interesting how that also serves as a direct metaphor for the reality of these ***t Terminator sequels and reboots - and like T2 whatever 'resolution' they come to in the Dark Fate trilogy will be undone by the next round of ***t Terminator sequels when someone else wants to try and make some money from it years from now.

If I humour them and ask 'what resolution?' the only thing I can think of that'd be different from how T2 tried to resolve it is if they copy The Matrix Revolutions and broker a peace with Skyn- sorry 'Legion'. But even The Matrix is presumably gonna undo that in its fourth movie :lol

Cameron and Terminator

vlcsnap-2019-10-25-16h13m04s190.jpg

Last edited:
The "All things TERMINATOR" thread.

Cameron just announced Alien 3 the real follow up to his Aliens.

Cameron said he?s excited to follow in the footsteps of Avengers where a team of 6 strong latino, asian and black females will lead a strike force against the Alien home planet where it is revealed that the monstrous male Alien warrior horde is holding captive a heroic female Queen Alien who holds a secret that would bridge Alien and humans towards a mutually beneficial relationship.

Starring:
JLO as Corporal Hicksconsuela
Chadwick Boseman as Ripley Holmes Brown
Michael Jai White as adult Newt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back