The All Things Republic Commando Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it would look as if this thread is currently dying...

so is no one really that interested in "play as Sev" level added to the PC game? Cuz I've bin workin on it, and I'm too lazy to post pics unless I'm sure people are interested... otherwise, I could be doing other things with my time... like working on Sev's level! :D

If you would like to see updates, please say so before this thread sinks to the bottom...

Dude Person, I think what you did are really fantastic! I saved some of the photos you attached, in case SS don't produce these Commandoes and that I may have to get my hands dirty. I wish I got this game for my PC but honestly, I am lucky that this PC of mine is still working at all! LOL

I only got this game on me old Xbox and it finally stopped playing anything after a few years of not playing with it and besides, FPS always made me nausea, dunno why. I did forced myself to play into second mission or 3rd but I got too sick to carry on. 3rd person don't give me no problem. I can play Modern Warfare without a problem tho, the first for me! If Lucasart is going to produce a new Commando game, I hope they look into Advance Warfighter or Modern Warfare 2 for some seriously good tips.

Peronally, I like to see what you've done and I am enjoying the art side of it instead of using it for the game.

so is no one really that interested in "play as Sev" level added to the PC game? Cuz I've bin workin on it, and I'm too lazy to post pics unless I'm sure people are interested... otherwise, I could be doing other things with my time... like working on Sev's level! :D

If you would like to see updates, please say so before this thread sinks to the bottom...

It's kinda bitter sweet. Those of us who know about the RC's love them. Unfortunately, knowing there'll be no more Traviss novels is like a kick in the balls. Let's hope they show up in the animated series. Sideshow's already stated that if they pop up there, there's a very strong chance they'll see the light of day.

Its a kick in the balls to have Traviss out of the RC novels.

Anyhoo, if SS said that than I hope the Commandoes will make an appearances on screen or should I say, the tube, than I hope there is a website where we can pester them to bring the Commandoes onto CW.

Its a kick in the balls to have Traviss out of the RC novels.

Anyhoo, if SS said that than I hope the Commandoes will make an appearances on screen or should I say, the tube, than I hope there is a website where we can pester them to bring the Commandoes onto CW.

You know, I can't think of a better place than this year's Celebration. If you get a crowd to start chanting it when they preview Season 3, it'll plant the seed.

Personally, if I was wealthy enough, I would meet with Lucas and finance an animation studio to produce Traviss' novels. I think they'd make a great serial.

You know, I can't think of a better place than this year's Celebration. If you get a crowd to start chanting it when they preview Season 3, it'll plant the seed.

Personally, if I was wealthy enough, I would meet with Lucas and finance an animation studio to produce Traviss' novels. I think they'd make a great serial.

Hmmm, that would work!!!:D I enjoy the CW pretty! I hope Lucasfilm listens. Even Hasbro or Revell listens to their customers.

Sir, if you are going to finance a RC movie with Lucas. I will be first in line to pester you to make it into live-action movies instead of animation!:chew

Hmmm, that would work!!!:D I enjoy the CW pretty! I hope Lucasfilm listens. Even Hasbro or Revell listens to their customers.

Sir, if you are going to finance a RC movie with Lucas. I will be first in line to pester you to make it into live-action movies instead of animation!:chew

I only wish I had enough $$$, and live-action wouldn't work. Too much green screen and Temuera Morrison (who's too old now anyway, to play a bunch of 20-year-old Clones). Animated would be the best way to go, but I think I'd rather see it in old-school Japanese style, than modern CG.

I only wish I had enough $$$, and live-action wouldn't work. Too much green screen and Temuera Morrison (who's too old now anyway, to play a bunch of 20-year-old Clones). Animated would be the best way to go, but I think I'd rather see it in old-school Japanese style, than modern CG.

Ah yes, the cruelty of time, not only to actors but to us all!:emperor

Hmmm, agreed! Anime might work out very well! I yet to see any other cartoons that have the same intensity and emotions as those action animes. But I think those will be too expensive to produce nowadays, CG is cheaper and faster! CG can still works, see Appleseed, the one produced or directed by John Woo!

Anyone of you guys going to CV??? Please help to make some noise!!!

I would love to, but sadly there is no version of the game for mac users. :(

Anyone of you guys going to CV??? Please help to make some noise!!!

Yes please. I´m to far away to go to CV, but those of u that will attend to, ask for the Republic Commando on the Cartoon and also for the return of Karen Traviss. I really need Imperial Commando 2.

If it was realistic CG, I think that would be awesome.

I mean, CW uses super-realistic lighting, physics, particle effects (fire, smoke, dust, sparks, etc), and semi-realistic character movement, but they made everyone look like stick-figure bobble-heads... :(

all that rendering and processing power is going to waste IMO...

if not ultra-realistic CG, then it would definitely be better as traditional animation.

If it was realistic CG, I think that would be awesome.

I mean, CW uses super-realistic lighting, physics, particle effects (fire, smoke, dust, sparks, etc), and semi-realistic character movement, but they made everyone look like stick-figure bobble-heads... :(

if not ultra-realistic CG, then it would definitely be better as traditional animation.

I disagree. I'm actually digging the Thunderbolts influence and think it fits great for the Clone Wars. As for the RC's, realistic CG has never cut it for me. I think oldschool Japanese anime ala SPRIGGAN would be a fantastic platform for the Commandos and have mass market appeal.

Not gonna happen. She wasn't canned, she abandoned the series. And anyone who knows women knows she'd rather die than eat her words. :lol

:rotfl

TBH, as much as I like Karen's work but I felt there are others who can be employed to continue the series. Just get someone creative enough and with military background who know what they are going to write. I think Karen have some military background. Can't remember which area. If she stayed, it would have be sweet!

Anyway, the RC series have became too popular to be abandon suddenly. There are still various big oppontunities for them to grow and even diversify, not only on Republic/Imperial but also Rebel Commandoes or Old or future Sith or Republic Commandoes........ special forces, spies... darn, just imagine.....

:rotfl

TBH, as much as I like Karen's work but I felt there are others who can be employed to continue the series. Just get someone creative enough and with military background who know what they are going to write. I think Karen have some military background. Can't remember which area. If she stayed, it would have be sweet!

Anyway, the RC series have became too popular to be abandon suddenly. There are still various big oppontunities for them to grow and even diversify, not only on Republic/Imperial but also Rebel Commandoes or Old or future Sith or Republic Commandoes........ special forces, spies... darn, just imagine.....

The problem with new writers is they won't have the devotion she had, nor the love for the characters. It's like replacing an actor in a movie series. Sure it can be good, maybe even great, but it'll never be the same. She created most of what's in those books, a bond to the subject matter that nobody else will get.

Oh, and she was a war correspondent.

The problem with new writers is they won't have the devotion she had, nor the love for the characters. It's like replacing an actor in a movie series. Sure it can be good, maybe even great, but it'll never be the same. She created most of what's in those books, a bond to the subject matter that nobody else will get.

Oh, and she was a war correspondent.

agree %100. there was no mando culture before her...not to that extent, not with that much depth. she gave the whole thing teeth.

picked this guy up today...evolutions set at walmart was on clearance.

028-8.jpg

031-5.jpg

035-2.jpg

Well it was intended to be a kids show on cartoon network, and either way they have to avoid the cost of using all those actors likenesses.

Well it was intended to be a kids show on cartoon network, and either way they have to avoid the cost of using all those actors likenesses.

So why does a kid's show on cartoon network need ultra-realistic lighting and physics?

It doesn't. If it's a kid's show, no one would care if it was 2D... I don't think there's a child under 10 years old who watches cartoons and sees something with 2D animation and thinks "Oh, the physics, particles, and lighting were better in Clone Wars, this 2D stuff sucks!"

Back