The 3A Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a few 3A figures I wouldn't mind getting rid of, but I don't really want to deal with Ebay so I was wondering if anyone was interested. Mainly I have an Ascended Popbot but the thing is his foot was messed up so it's basically glued in right now so that it can't turn. You could just loosen it by moving it around I guess but I had a lot of issues with that foot joint at the bottom. Aside from that it seems to be the usual suspect it has the kitty cat and his gun and I still have the box. The other would be the original Bleak Mission with his dog custard. I still have the boxes for those too, but I lost Bleak's cigs since they were so ridiculously small.

^^ Cool pics Sir Onesixth!

Received REX today! :hi5:

Going out so I'll wait till tomorrow to open him up, waited this long, one more day won't hurt.

8412695345_047d6e8672_b.jpg

I'm very new to the 1:6 world and I bought Rex (through Sideshow) before knowing what ThreeA was. So I took a look at their catalogue and thought it wasn't for me. Everything was too stylized and I didn't know what to make of it. Then I was just randomly going through Ashley wood's paintings which did grab my attention and little by little it started to grow on me. I ended up buying the WWR book and immediately seeped into to my brain. I have the Popbot books in my queue and am so freaking happy that I managed to find out about the ThreeA membership sale a week before it went live! lol

The ThreeA world is amazing and out of all of them, The Blind Cowboy Dead Equine superset is what I'm a anxiously waiting for. I managed to find the OG blind cowboy on ebay not too long ago and was a little bummed that I couldn't get Ghost horse without selling some body parts. You can imagine how I felt when the superset was announced lol.

This will be my first ThreeA year so lets see how it turns out. I am a little worried about how their (drop) sales are though. It seems like they pop up out of nowhere and sell out pretty quick. Id' hate to miss something good because I didn't check the site that day.

We'll see how it goes though. I am definitely exited though.

I'm very new to the 1:6 world and I bought Rex (through Sideshow) before knowing what ThreeA was. So I took a look at their catalogue and thought it wasn't for me. Everything was too stylized and I didn't know what to make of it. Then I was just randomly going through Ashley wood's paintings which did grab my attention and little by little it started to grow on me. I ended up buying the WWR book and immediately seeped into to my brain. I have the Popbot books in my queue and am so freaking happy that I managed to find out about the ThreeA membership sale a week before it went live! lol

The ThreeA world is amazing and out of all of them, The Blind Cowboy Dead Equine superset is what I'm a anxiously waiting for. I managed to find the OG blind cowboy on ebay not too long ago and was a little bummed that I couldn't get Ghost horse without selling some body parts. You can imagine how I felt when the superset was announced lol.

This will be my first ThreeA year so lets see how it turns out. I am a little worried about how their (drop) sales are though. It seems like they pop up out of nowhere and sell out pretty quick. Id' hate to miss something good because I didn't check the site that day.

We'll see how it goes though. I am definitely exited though.

Same here mate.. I did missed the first super set blind cowboy and can not wait for the new one coming up.

Your wallet will hate you for descending down this path, haha.

That's pretty much how I started last year. I started with the Zombies vs. Robots graphic novels and my addiction to Ashley Wood's art and figures grew from there. Now I barely purchase any 1/6 figures unless they are 3A.

I swore I would just stick to bots, but then I started picking up some human figures. Then I swore I would just stick to a couple of the male figures because the female figures were way too stylized for me, but now I have a few Tomorrow Queens. Then I swore I would not get into 1/12 (Action Portable) figures, but that happened. I have no willpower.

Anyway, welcome aboard!

I don't know why I can not really navigate through threea's online store. both bambaland and the new threea gallery store. everytime i go there i see the basic layout but theres really nothing that shows up what so ever i click on the navigations tabs and no products are listed. Am I missing something here?

I don't know why I can not really navigate through threea's online store. both bambaland and the new threea gallery store. everytime i go there i see the basic layout but theres really nothing that shows up what so ever i click on the navigations tabs and no products are listed. Am I missing something here?

nope. bambaland is usually empty unless there's a scheduled release. Even when there is a release, they don't usually last longer than 24 hrs and the store goes "ghost town" again. Ash has said he would like to have something available at all times so people who are casual collectors don't get confused, but I have yet to see that happen and don't think it's likely. that said, check with the threea blog for upcoming sales and be there at said date and time. hope this helps.

nope. bambaland is usually empty unless there's a scheduled release. Even when there is a release, they don't usually last longer than 24 hrs and the store goes "ghost town" again. Ash has said he would like to have something available at all times so people who are casual collectors don't get confused, but I have yet to see that happen and don't think it's likely. that said, check with the threea blog for upcoming sales and be there at said date and time. hope this helps.

really?! wow, that is so strange! i've never heard of an online store run like that before. yeah its terribly confusing! i actually was looking for the metal gear solid rex on bambaland and used the search feature on it, nothing returned results. but when i did a google search and clicked on the link it popped up. what a ridiculously horrible setup! i'm trying to purchase their products but i can not even locate it on their website. how silly is that threea? thanks for answering bro. much appreciated.

Last edited:
really?! wow, that is so strange! i've never heard of a online store run like that before. yeah its terribly confusing! i actually was looking for teh metal gear solid rex pn bambaland and udes the search feature on it nothing returned results. but when i did a google search and clicked on the link it popped up. what a ridiculously horrible setup! i'm trying to purchase their products but i can not even locate it on their website. how silly is that threea? thanks for answering bro. much appreciated.

It definitely takes some getting used to, but once you figure it out, it's fairly straightforward. You just have to watch the blog/forums/etc. for head's up about sales. Sales usually last about 24 hours (sometimes more, sometimes less) and usually have chase figures that pop up randomly. Once the sale is over, that's it and you will have to go through the secondary market to pick it up (the exception being some retail releases like Halo and MGS).

It's definitely not an ideal system and I wish they had more retail releases (or otherwise had their figures up for sale for longer periods of time), but I'm getting used to it now.

Ash said he'd talk to Kim about having more items in the store on a regular basis. He has started the new year with a lot more interaction in the forums than usual, which is nice. I hope he can stay motivated enough to continue this practice.

It sounds like there's a lot of stuff coming, so it's an exciting time.

Anyone getting We Are? I'm tempted to have some bathroom reading material, but I should save for next month...

Hi All,
I appreciate this thread and the recent topic of discussion. I too am interested in purchasing my first 3A figures. I got horribly confused. Well it looks like i've signed up for the emails and will be checking the blogs.

By the way if anyone is interested in selling. I am looking for my first 1/6 WWR figure. I came to the party late - got to catch up.

Just wait until the next WWR sale. Harold is coming up soon, and more and more. There's plenty of stuff in the pipeline. It'll get overwhelming in a hurry if you try to collect stuff that already came out in addition to all the new stuff that's going to come out.

I got my 1st (that I can think of) 3A figure today. Darwin Rothchild :D

Basically got it for the boots :lol

Hi All,
I appreciate this thread and the recent topic of discussion. I too am interested in purchasing my first 3A figures. I got horribly confused. Well it looks like i've signed up for the emails and will be checking the blogs.

By the way if anyone is interested in selling. I am looking for my first 1/6 WWR figure. I came to the party late - got to catch up.

If you haven't checked it out yet, https://www.threeawiki.com/Main_Page is a great place to learn about the different types of robots and what colors they come in. Highly recommend looking around to get a feel for what the different ones are like. Also know that though they can be all one scale, the sizes between the different robots can be vast. A Caesar is 18" about while a drop cloth is 12". Humans are all about 12".
Finally, WWRP is the 1/12 scale.

It can be quite overwhelming at first, but quite satisfying as you delve into the world that every figure builds a part of.

Back